James Ellsworth receives Title Match next week

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I am going to sound like a moron for asking... But who the heck is this guy?

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
James Ellsworth is the first jobber victim to Braun Strowman on RAW, backstage Vince heavily praised his performance and decided to use him a bit more. Ellsworth was gonna tag with Styles on a Smackdown main event one night (because AJ couldn't find a partner) until the Miz beat James up and took his place, just last night Ellsworth returned because Styles wanted to apologize to him for not getting his main event match. Then a match between Styles and Ellsworth was set up with Ambrose as the ref and of course Ambrose screwed Style... so there ya go. Title match for the man.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score

What Shaddix said, since you apparently don't watch WWE. :pity:

Really though, the dude has been an independent wrestler for more than a decade. He was initially used as a goofy jobber basically, but with his actual background in wrestling, and then the whole thing that happened this week, I'm wondering if WWE actually has any plans for him beyond this.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
What Shaddix said, since you apparently don't watch WWE. :pity:

Really though, the dude has been an independent wrestler for more than a decade. He was initially used as a goofy jobber basically, but with his actual background in wrestling, and then the whole thing that happened this week, I'm wondering if WWE actually has any plans for him beyond this.

Shhsh it you :mad2:

I don't follow on a weekly basis but I try to keep up with what is going on. I just never heard of the dude. I am glad he at least has some background in wrestling. Better than having another PeeWee Herman show. lol

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Shhsh it you :mad2:

I don't follow on a weekly basis but I try to keep up with what is going on. I just never heard of the dude. I am glad he at least has some background in wrestling. Better than having another PeeWee Herman show. lol

You shhsh it!! :angry:

Yeah, he's one of those cute little dorky awkward dudes. :haha: But I agree, I'm glad he at least has a wrestling background. That's one reason that, while part of me thinks, "Eh... really?" about this whole thing, there's another part of me that's going, "Ooooh, nice! Let's see where they take this!" and kind of curious if they'll have him continue the awkward little-guy jobber thing or let him genuinely wrestle and show what he's got. I'm trying to ignore my skeptical, eye-rolling side and focus on the more positive, "Yay, something different!" side. lol

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
You shhsh it!! :angry:

Yeah, he's one of those cute little dorky awkward dudes. :haha: But I agree, I'm glad he at least has a wrestling background. That's one reason that, while part of me thinks, "Eh... really?" about this whole thing, there's another part of me that's going, "Ooooh, nice! Let's see where they take this!" and kind of curious if they'll have him continue the awkward little-guy jobber thing or let him genuinely wrestle and show what he's got. I'm trying to ignore my skeptical, eye-rolling side and focus on the more positive, "Yay, something different!" side. lol

I don't mind seeing a wrestler that looks like an average Joe. It is refreshing. If he can wrestle and do it well, why not!? Not everything in WWE needs to sparkle and be larger than life.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
I don't mind seeing a wrestler that looks like an average Joe. It is refreshing. If he can wrestle and do it well, why not!? Not everything in WWE needs to sparkle and be larger than life.

Exxxxxactly! That's why I hope (cautiously, of course, because... WWE) they actually do something with the guy rather than just have him fit the "el oh el, jobber" role. I'd love for them to let him really wrestle and show that yeah, he doesn't fit the mold, but he's just as capable of wrestling. Plus, that'd be a great demonstration of his "catchphrase," "Any man with two hands has a fighting chance." :obama:

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
For those wanting to see some of his other stuff, here are a couple.

Big Time Wrestling:

Adrenaline Championship Wrestling:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Exxxxxactly! That's why I hope (cautiously, of course, because... WWE) they actually do something with the guy rather than just have him fit the "el oh el, jobber" role. I'd love for them to let him really wrestle and show that yeah, he doesn't fit the mold, but he's just as capable of wrestling. Plus, that'd be a great demonstration of his "catchphrase," "Any man with two hands has a fighting chance." :obama:

I think kids in general would enjoy seeing him have a chance as well because it shows them that you can be any size and reach your dreams. Instead of it being all about body size. This is a reason I wish they had more bigger women wrestlers. They should have wrestlers, both men and women, of all sizes. If they know how to do it, muscle and definition shouldn't be a reason to say no.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
James "The GOAT" Ellsworth to dethrone AJ Styles next week, let's go! It'd be the biggest upset of the century, baybay.
ells.png

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Nothing against AJ but i'd mark out if James snuck a win or something XD A near fall even.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
I was wondering if they were going to actually give him a title shot since technically did earn it. I honestly wouldn't be too surprised of he actually won...but we know that wouldn't happen ever right?...pls