Jake Atlas stepping away from Pro Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
atlas_0.jpeg

Source: f4wonline.com

Former WWE NXT wrestler and indie standout Jake Atlas announced on social media that he is stepping away from pro wrestling.

Atlas returned to action for Ring of Honor at Sunday's Death Before Dishonor against Taylor Rust and appeared to be injured or off in the match.

Atlas addressed the speculation and his immediate future in a series of tweets Tuesday:

"I’m not concussed or “banged up.” I simply just can’t keep going anymore. Take your mental health seriously, both for yourselves & for each other, because we only have one life to live. Thank you to anyone who did support me for 5 years. I didn’t do much, but what I did was fun.

I’m stepping away from wrestling completely right now so please don’t ask me to do interviews/appearances. I’d like my privacy to be respected. At 26 years old, I’ve got my entire life ahead of me & I’m choosing to explore completely different industries to find my passion again.

Unfortunately, it was unhealthy for me the entire time. I just learned how to hide it really well. I hope that friends & fans I’ve made alike continue to support me no matter what.

I have major anxiety just having done that, please be sensitive. Thank you."

Atlas (Kenny Marquez) did an extensive interview last week with Denise Salcedo where he went into detail about his experience in WWE NXT and that his mental health was the worst it had ever been the past two years. He discussed getting help through therapy and counseling through WWE.
He was scheduled to work tapings Monday and Tuesday for Ring of Honor, but it's unknown if he appeared as planned.

Reactions: Doom

Doom

Sports Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Mental health is not a joke. I can relate to him for stepping out of wrestling to deal with the issue and getting help dealing it. I want to see him get healthy and find his passion to wrestle again.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I know they say “never say never” in wrestling but this man sounds completely done. Which is probably for the best.

Your mental health is more important than this business. I wish him the best.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Daddy Dom

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr