Jail for mom charged in son's death

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jabroni900

Reaction score
Sports Entertainment? my ass.

I hate the fact that most fans now days refer to wrestling as sports entertainment. Sports Entertainment is the b_standarziation of professional wrestling created by Vince McMahon, who has gone out of his way to remove "wrestling" from wrestling. They can barely even talk about wrestling and aren't even really supposed to say the word on WWE television, can't refer to championships as belts, straps, and rarely even titles. Then here is the real kicker with McMahon. He brings the genie out of the bottle with the attitude era and completely breaks Kayfabe.

If Vince McMahon is so ashamed of wrestling he should get out of the business and change thename to World Wide Entertainment or something like that, and just prance around half naked women and do skits and soap opera angles. As a wrestling fan for well over 15 years it p_sses me off that he does business the way he does. He expects fans to fork out money to watch "Wrestling Matches" and then insults everyone's intelligence by claiming it is Sports Entertainment and not professional wrestling.

The Anigma

Reaction score
I totally agree the wwe is full of a bunch of morons and vince needs to pull his head out of his ass and give the "traditional" fans what they want instead of trying to get "mainstream attention" (battle of the billionares anyone?)

Kaedon

Reaction score
Yeah, you people claim to want "wrestling matches" but the second somene uses a rest hold, you jump on them. Truth be told, fans dont have the patience for hour long matches that end in draws like they used to back in the day. The fact also is that wrestling has always tried to get mainstream attention because its about MAKING MONEY!! Not about pascifying a small segment of whiney fans.

Jabroni900

Reaction score
I dont give a shit about how many holds a wrestler can use, thats not what I'm talking about. If I really did give a shit about the technical side of it would I be a Rock fan..no.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I never said anything about HOW MANY are used either. I said when people, like say Randy Orton, use a rest hold, people shit all over it. "God he is so lazy." "This is so boring." when if you knew a damn thing about the history of wrestling, you'd know the most feared wrestler in Germany back in the early 1900s, George Hackenschdmit, would wrestle 3 hour matches and end them with a bear hug. If someone did that today, the fans would leave the arena at hour 1, and that is including you.

The Anigma

Reaction score
The only problem I have is they have RAW which is a 2 hour show...but maybe 30-45 minutes tops is wrestling the rest is a bunch of pointless skits...

just my opinion on the matter...

Jabroni900

Reaction score
I never said anything about HOW MANY are used either. I said when people, like say Randy Orton, use a rest hold, people shit all over it. "God he is so lazy." "This is so boring." when if you knew a damn thing about the history of wrestling, you'd know the most feared wrestler in Germany back in the early 1900s, George Hackenschdmit, would wrestle 3 hour matches and end them with a bear hug. If someone did that today, the fans would leave the arena at hour 1, and that is including you.

And why would I say its boring, if anything people like Orton or Cena dont use enough holds, Cena just does his usual routine, get beaten up then his 5 moves of doom.

The Anigma

Reaction score
totally agree ^^^ but it really doesn't matter what "we" like as long as "casual" fans watch and make Vince money he doesn't care why do you think Cena's been champ for so long? because he makes money...you don't have to be a great wrestler anymore...all you have to do is have a gimmick and try to act that's all...

Kaedon

Reaction score
yeah because Hogan was a great wrestler. And how about those mat classics with the Ultimate Warrior. And how many of you have seen an Iron Shiek match. Do you know how many "moves" he had? I thought not. The casual fans is what Vince appeals to because, youre right, he makes money. You people remind me of the idiots who turned on Metallica when they got big. As soon as something gets too big to be molded exactly the way YOU want, it sucks.

The Anigma

Reaction score
I don't think because it became to big it sucks i just think the quality of programming the wwe has been putting out is just poor

that's just my opinion...

Kaedon

Reaction score
Poor relative to what? Wait, let me guess, the attitude era right? Back when they had 6-10 megastars (depends on your definition of star). Something that will never be seen again?

The Anigma

Reaction score
no i really don't want to see the attitude era again i'm just saying i'm not much of a fan of the direction their going in...

Defiant One

Reaction score
Yeah the Attitude Era was kinda like the peak of wrestling everyone loved it but we cant always compare today to then cuz its different, the stars would really have to align to see something similar to the Attitude Era again. I agree WWE isnt what it used to be, but I still like it. Simple fact if you dont like wrestling today then dont go to the shows, buy the PPV or dont watch it on tv every week. Everyone has something bad to say bout wrestling today but then they watch it every week still, thats weak. If you have such a problem with it dont watch.

Kaedon

Reaction score
then tell me its bad as compared to what? When was it good?

The Anigma

Reaction score
like i said i always enjoyed wrestling but i just don't like the direction it's going that's just the way i feel about it I'll continue to watch it but I think there is room for improvements