Jack Swagger

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
Are you the face of a wrestling franchise?

Face of a wrestling franchise? HHH, John Cena, The Undertaker, these are the faces of the WWE franchise. My god, if you think ECW is a "franchise" in its current state.....

chessarmy

^ Still, Swagger is the ECW champion so he IS the face of ECW. Whether or not you can call ECW a franchise is not the issue here.

Anyway, Swagger sucks imo. His mic skills are horrible, he's nothing special in the ring and I'm just not into him. Whoever came up with his name needs to find a new job as well, Swagger...really? I don't know, maybe its too early to tell. But as of right now I want him off my TV screen

Kaedon

Reaction score
^ Still, Swagger is the ECW champion so he IS the face of ECW. Whether or not you can call ECW a franchise is not the issue here.

Anyway, Swagger sucks imo. His mic skills are horrible, he's nothing special in the ring and I'm just not into him. Whoever came up with his name needs to find a new job as well, Swagger...really? I don't know, maybe its too early to tell. But as of right now I want him off my TV screen

Actually it IS the argument since CMS decided to make that his argument. But lets take out the "franchise" argument and use YOUR rationale, "He's ECW Champion". The response to that is so fucking what. The ECW Champion is not a megastar as the belt is essentially worth dick since the WWE arent even recognizing it as a legit big title anymore. When's the last time a rumble winner WANTED to challenge the ECW champion? How about NEVER. The title means shit therefore the champion means shit. A guy can try and elevate the title, but saying "Well he's got the title so he must be good" is bullshit when its the ECW title.

Beer Money Army

Jack swagger is a good in ring wrestler at the moment.. I like him with that ECW Title..

As i feel christian doesn't need it, as i think Christian is just on ecw for short term..

Swagger is good now.. But he's going improve greatly with age....

Him Vs MVP, Him Vs cena, Him vs jeff hardy... could be long distance future ppv matches within wwe..

SnackZ

Reaction score
Over the weekend I happened to catch the much talked about ECW title match between him and Christian and I must say I was impressed. He's really good in the ring. He's athletic and strong and seems equally distributed. Not all strong and overpowering like Batista or Cena and not all athleticism like Kofi or Shelton. I like this guy. Starting to grow on me. Now all he needs is to get better on the mic and give him a nice feud with someone a step above Christian (who btw looks awesome again and is really bringing out some good shit from Swagger). Maybe a feud with Punk would be good for Swagger next.

**to think - about a month ago I mentioned in a thread "who is this Jack Swagger guy" - Christian has brought me to ECW and now I appreciate and KNOW Mr. Swagger.

Double J

Reaction score
1. I have a lisp and it dnt stop me.
2. Big Show is betta on SD
3.Anyway why Big Show why not Rob Van Dam or Dreamer

1)Didn't stop you from doing what, winning the ECW Championship?
2) Agreed Big Show is better n Smackdown and deserves to be on there compared to ECW
3) Well because A) Rob Van Dam isn't with the WWE right now and B) Vince has no respect for Tommy Dreamer and will be glad to see him go when his contract expires in June.

Personally I would rather see Dreamer have the title over anyone else, at least for a short, but respectable, run.

I think Shaggy...I mean Swagger can/will turn out to be a great heel later on in life but I think it was too soon to put the title on him. There's plenty of other people who could of got the title. As far as his name goes, I'm guessing they got Jack Swagger from his real name Jake Hager.