Jack Reacher

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
[YOUTUBE]rV6Z5KUja4k[/YOUTUBE]
Jack Reacher

Directed by:
Christopher McQuarrie

Starring: Tom Cruise

Release Date: 21st December 2012

Plot Summary: From The New York Times bestselling author Lee Child comes one of the most compelling heroes to step from novel to screen - ex-military investigator Jack Reacher (Tom Cruise). When a gunman takes five lives in what seems like an open and shut murder case, all evidence points to the suspect in custody. On interrogation, the suspect offers up a single note: “Get Jack Reacher!” So begins an extraordinary chase for the truth, pitting Jack Reacher against an unexpected enemy, with a skill for violence, a secret to keep and a target on Reacher’s back.

I have seen a few trailers for this film lately and I like the look of it. Ignoring his crazy personal life and beliefs Tom Cruise is a quality actor and he looks the goods in what I have seen so far. I haven't read anyone of the books that this is based on but I have read that the character in the book is 6'5" and so it is slightly humourous that Cruise was cast in that role. Still ignoring that it looks like a good action film in kind of the 90's vein, not trying to be too artsy or over the top just a good blend of fights and action scenes.

Anyone interested in seeing Jack Reacher?

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
It has sparked my interest, yes, I plan on going to see it sometime after the holiday. I agree that you have to look past Tom Cruise the person to enjoy Tom Cruise the actor. The review I read makes note of Tom's height and weight difference with the book character, but points out that he does the role justice so it's easy to overlook. The same review suggests Tom plays the same character in every movie, but it does so in complimentary fashion. The last film I saw Cruise in was Tropic Thunder so I'm interested in seeing him in an action role.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
I'll be the first to say I'm a big Tom Cruise fan. I really am.

However, this looks absolutely horrid. "Bourne Goes to Pittsburgh!!!" is all I can think when watching the trailers.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It has been frustrating with the trailers that they include reviewers quotes that talk about Bourne and similar movies. To me it looks nothing like Bourne, it doesn't have that hard psychological edge. It reminds me more of a Lethal Weapon type action film, it seems like Bourne light if anything, nowhere near as serious as Bourne.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'll probably end up watching this sometime within the next couple weeks. Saw a trailer of it when I watched Skyfall last week that got my interest in it up a little bit more. I'm at least going to give it a chance, but it looks like it could be pretty good.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Looks like something I grew up with in the '90's. So this is something I'd be interested in seeing. I may have to check out the books.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Saw this Friday, and I enjoyed it. Not great or anything, but it had its moments and the story was really cool. The car chase scene was awesome and had a hilarious ending, that was probably my favorite party of the movie. Robert Duvall was fucking awesome in this as well.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I watched this the other day and I enjoyed it as well. As you said it wasn't an amazing film but an enjoyable couple of hours. It was what I expected, it was an action film in the vein of a 90's action film that didn't rely on high tech gadgets or high concept storylines. That car chase was great, how good did the Chevy sound, and the ending with the cap was funny. I found that at the end the story was a bit muddled and rushed but I wasn't expecting a perfect storyline.

If they made another Jack Reacher film I would go see it.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
His neurotic predilections aside, he is a pretty good actor, and while I've heard of Lee Child's series, I've never actually read it...kind of like the millennium trilogy?

I'll go in with predisposition/commitment to disappointment, best to do that instead of go in with high expectations and then get mad. It's a win/win situation.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Tom Cruise's goofy religion keeps him from getting the respect he deserves.

This is a good movie, that helps you drain a few hours and doesn't make you look at your watch while viewing.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think that Tom Cruise is a bit of a nutter but he is a great actor. Even though he follows a crazy cult it doesn't stop me from going to see his movies and enjoying them.