IWFs best/favorite wrestler of all time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Famou$ 187

Jimmy Snuka
Jake "The Snake" Roberts
Owen Hart
Mankind/Cactus Jack
Homicide
Lex Luger
Kane
MVP
Carlito

Kaedon

Reaction score
Did I mention The Rock, Stone Cold, and Ivan Putski?

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
hmm... I guess I will round this out to an even 50 and say RVD, Sabu, and Scott Hall.

Ok now I will call the nominations to a close and set up the first set of wrestlers for you guys to choose from.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
This is pretty much going to be a turkey shoot. If we're talking best wrestler of all time most of the guys listed don't even belong on the list.

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
Well I couldnt really be any more specific than I was about who could be nominated. i got to go with the people who were nominated because this was based on everyone heres opinion.

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
Ok for the first division of wrestlers picked at random for you to choose from I would like you to pick which one of the 2 is your favorite and say why.

Division 1

(11) Randy Orton vs (50) Scott Hall

(39) Jake the Snake Roberts vs (41) Mick Foley

(21) Eddie Guerrero vs (16) Bobby Lashley

(23) Kane vs (40) Owen Hart

(4) Jeff Hardy vs (14) DDP

Ok out of these groups I think in Match 1 I choose Scott Hall. I really love Randy Orton but he just hasnt done as much as Hall has done for wrestling. Plus Scott Hall successfully competed with more than one gimmick and Ive yet to see if Orton can be more than the Legend Killer.

Match 2 I go with Mick Foley. He had tons of great gimmicks and he was a very good wrestler despite not being the most athletic.

Match 3 I choose Eddie Guerrero because he was just good from the time he was in WCW until he passed away. I always enjoyed watching him.

Match 4 Ok I choose Kane because even though Owen was a better technical wrestler he just wasnt that fun to watch imo.

Match 5 This one is damn hard...I loved DDP and I love Jeff but I will have to go with DDP because he could actually really wrestle and wasnt out of the match if he couldnt pull off his finisher.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Ok for the first division of wrestlers picked at random for you to choose from I would like you to pick which one of the 2 is your favorite and say why.

Division 1

(11) Randy Orton vs (50) Scott Hall

(21) Eddie Guerrero vs (16) Bobby Lashley

(23) Kane vs (40) Owen Hart

Scott Hall gets my vote for two reasons. During his hey day he was far more entertaining than Randy Orton could ever hope to be, and second of all was a far better wrestler. I'm not going to set up my soap box here, but Orton sucks period.

Jake Roberts was another easy pick. easily one of the best wrestling psychologists in history, brilliant wrestler and a spell binding promo guy. Foley was always great on the stick, but his wrestling skills leave a lot to be desired.

Eddie Guererro gets too much love from people imo. He was decent, but I don't give him the e-fellatio that a lot of people seem to give him (Especially Dead E. Guererro, the bastard), but he is better than Lashley is right now. But its not really a fair contest. Come back in 5 years and I'd be able to give you a better opinion, but for right now I have to stick with Guererro.

The easy picks keep coming. Owen Hart baby. Don't get me wrong Kane is pretty damned good for a big man, and finally had a bankable gimmick in Kane which has seen many popular incarnations, but they've always been blown to shit by the end. Owen on the other hand was a brilliant wrestler, and while he may not have had a long as a career. As far as brother feuds go. It doesn't get much better than Owen/Bret. Sure Taker/Kane may have had more money behind it, but I defy you to find one better than average match between them. Owen also had considerable charisma which never really showed until he was placed in the Nation of Domination. Owen Hart takes this one easily.

And last and probably least out of the selection I went with DDP. Not because I think he's a great wrestler. He's good, but not brilliant. The real mitigating factor here is Jeff Hardy has no promo skills and his talent is limited to falling off ladders. He shouldn't even be on this list.

Reaction score
(11) Randy Orton vs (50) Scott Hall : randy Orton is boring, and hasn't done anything for me... ever. I'm glad Cena will b losing the belt, but i wish it was someone else. scott hall used to be very entertaining as razor ramon, and when he was in NWO.

(39) Jake the Snake Roberts vs (41) Mick Foley: MICK FOLEY IS ONE O FMY ALL TIME FAVORITES< EVEN THOUGHT HE WASN"T IN THE BEST SHAPE HE STILL PUT ON SOME HELLA_ENTERTAINING MATCHES *sorry for caps*

(21) Eddie Guerrero vs (16) Bobby Lashley: Eddie guerrero was better than bobby lashley ever can be. look at guerreros matches with REY MYSTERIO IN WCW; Lashley won't ever have that great of a match

(23) Kane vs (40) Owen Hart: Owen hart was a Hart, how could he not be a great wrestler. Although i find the kane character entertaining and interesting, and he's one of the greatest big men of all time; Owen hart is better than him

(4) Jeff Hardy vs (14) DDP: Jeff hardy is wicked entertaining. he has provided some of the biggest spots, and he has delivered to the fullest. DDP never did anythign for me except get his ass beat by the undertaker...

the dark knight

did someone forget muhammed hassan and sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitskyyyy?

edit-

11) Randy Orton vs (50) Scott Hall

(21) Eddie Guerrero
vs (16) Bobby Lashley

(23) Kane
vs (40) Owen Hart

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
11) Randy Orton vs (50) Scott Hall