IWF is currently hanging in the balance.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but we're gonna have to close up for a bit. The staff all have a lot on their plates right now and we can't deliver the quality you guys deserve.

Also, with activity at an all time low, it's not worth it try and keep it afloat right now.

We're gonna re-group, get a new strategy together, and figure out our stuff so we can be better than ever.

For right now, the IWF is closed.

This is not something i want to see happen, but while we sort out what the fuck is going on the show is off.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
What is there to sort out Sharp? Me and HS both made an excecutive decision that we have better shit to do and that we have lost interest in IWF so we closed...

Reaction score
Well a couple of things to sort out: When if at all do we plan on opening the fed again? What direction will the fed be taking when/if that happens etc.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Its not happening unless you want to keep this going alone...

Mat Awesome

Reaction score
I guess I can come back to help a bit, ya know, if you new staff want me. /sarcasm, I know you want me.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Look I hate to be the heavy here, especially since my computers been worthless for over a month, but you guys seriously need to give it a rest.

Even if you do get all of two people who are willing and able to write matches and get results up, you know damn well that you never will. Even with MY help when I was on staff several months ago we never had a show on time that was quality. You haven't had a quality show up period since before Jmay was banned the first time around. Sorry if that offends certain former staffers but it's the honest to God truth from a guy who's been around this hobby enough years to know a quality show when I see one.

Barring that, even if you HAD all the dedicated staff you needed to get all the shit done you could ever want to get done, you'd never have the member base. It's been proven, rather embarassingly, that you don't have the roster depth to run an e-fed anymore. You have 5 billion characters between MizMasta, Sharpshooter and Mat Awesome. Who are all ironically always the supporting staff as well so their characters HAVE to be the top guys because they are the only ones who can write worth a damn.

Then you have Adam, who has only stuck around for as long as he has out of loyalty to what IWF once WAS. And it's clear that he hasn't had anything even close to competition on his level.

And then you have the smattering of jobbers who could barely pull a sentence together, let alone make me care about whatever their characters are doing beyond constantly drinking a beer or smoking a cigarette because apparently they want to look "edgey and cool". When all it makes you look is like a generic tool whose trying way too hard to be Steve Austin.

If IWF is EVER going to successfully pull off a relaunch (which is doubtful but possible if the forum admins and staff would get behind the fed and help promote it) then it would have to be a completely clean slate. No mention of your former history that nobody but 3 people give a shit about. No "keeping of the champions", not even the same championships, tag teams, taken picture bases/finishers. Nothing. You'd have to repackage it, with an all new in character staff, all new look, all new feel, all new IWF.

Because otherwise, all you're going to be doing is looking pathetic with your constant relaunches trying again and again to pick up the dead horse and lean it against the barn so that you can pretend that it's at least alive for a few more days before it starts to stink even worse than it did when it was alive.

Knox Beard, out.

Reaction score
^ Well said.

It seems that history keeps repeating itself no matter what we do, no matter who is on staff or whatever, people just stop participating which makes it hard to run a fed, and I mean hard, harder than a priest at a playground, I tried, MizMasta tried, JMay and Adam Freeman tried, this fed just will not work and it is a damn shame.

Now with that being said, the final say goes to HardcoreSuperstar as to where we go from here if we go at all.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
What is there to sort out Sharp? Me and HS both made an excecutive decision that we have better shit to do and that we have lost interest in IWF so we closed...

I think Hardcore Superstar already made his decision on the future of IWF. So waiting on him is only going to set you up for disappointment. I don't even know why he was given the reigns in the first place. I can't see what he contributed in the staff room but publicly he did fuck all for IWF to help promote us or improve our image. You even said his best storylines were told you when he was high. Hardly the best guy to throw all your chips in with.

If you really REALLY wanted this place running again, and you somehow got the writing capacity to hold it together, I would do an IWF drive. Do a solid month of around the board promotion, Slap a link on your sig or something, to let people know that in a months time a brand new e-fed is being open and you're accepting all comers.

But I would only be even thinking about attempting this if you had no less than 1 match writer for every 2 matches you plan on having on your weekly cards. So that not one person is ever doing the entire load by themselves. And a solid work ethic setting yourself up with a solid deadline each week to put up shows. Even at the cost of quality, most e-fedders nowadays only care about whether they won or lost, psychology means nothing to these people or 'how close they came' to winning. The point is they lost or they won. So if deadline comes up and it's showtime but you don't have all the parts, then post the results as you have them and just do one liners for what's left.

Or one guy could pretty easily do summarized results that have no entrances, detailed commentary or particularly good story telling and just says in a recap style writing what happened at such and such event. Which makes for a good cop out in lieu of the possibility of full results.

Alex C

Reaction score
Slap a link on your sig or something, to let people know that in a months time a brand new e-fed is being open and you're accepting all comers.

Thats exactly what should be done. I mean,its useless if you have 4,5 active members. We should spread the commercials all over the forum,and see if we get new members. If yes,restart the fed,or if not,we maybe can close it here,and move somewhere else.

Now,I don't wanna be smartass about show always being late,but I think its REALLY too much. Look,I know thats hard to be stuff in E-Fed,I was leader of e-feds as well few years ago. And we had like 20 active members all the time. And our show was late only two times.And it was posted next day,not 2 weeks later.

Reaction score
In the few weeks i was writing the shows on my own they were (except once) always on time.

Oh and Knox, the reason HS did "fuck all" was because some shit happened in his personal life and he didnt have a chance to do anything.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
This is my final word. If you guys somehow by the grace of almighty God ever get IWF on its feet as a STABLE and PRODUCTIVE fed (active RPers, decent RPers, shows semi consistent, etc.) then I will come back. But for now I give my blessing to Sharpshooter and whoever else wants to take the role of God here. However, there are too many fun, active and consistent feds out there to continue to constantly want to rehash this place. Time and again. I say you go off to different places and make some efed friends for a little while. Maybe hone your skills as a fedder and one day if you want to start your own, you'll have the experience and the connections to get the ball rolling in the right direction. Every successful fedhead put in years of being a regular RPer in a different fed before going off and making their own. If you guys want to come with me, I'm with the VWF. Me and Mr. Enigma joined this place that's been open fo 12 years and has a consistent owner and has everything in order. Hit me up on MSN if you're interested.