I've got to be honest...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crash

Reaction score
I wish I could get into watching AEW but I just can't because of Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks, I know there is a lot of talent and I might be missing on some great wrestling. But as long as Omega is the champion and same with the young bucks, I can't even think about watching this company at all. I like Cody though I think he has a good mind. But I think as long as those 3 fools put themselves in the main event there is no way I can get into AEW at all. Now that Bryan and Punk might be joining, it might get interesting but I hope they can become top of the card or champions and not just get on the sideline like other WWE wrestlers have been since joining AEW. Anyway I just had to get this off my chest.

Last edited:

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I don't watch AEW either, but it's more because I don't care and less about Omega and the Bucks. I think they're good wrestlers, but they crowd their good talent with a lot of annoying stuff imo.

Crash

Reaction score
I don't watch AEW either, but it's more because I don't care and less about Omega and the Bucks. I think they're good wrestlers, but they crowd their good talent with a lot of annoying stuff imo.

I also think they are good wrestlers I've seen their stuff in NJPW, but they are are indeed annoying and are way too predominant in AEW.

FlandyOrton

Champion
Reaction score
lol...

I mean, I don't know what to say to this.
What is it about the Bucks & Omega that doesn't equal a good wrestling show for you??

Crash

Reaction score
Pretty vague lol... please elaborate

Over exposure? Like you're mad they're on TV you mean? Not as good as Goldberg eh

You seem pretty mad at the fact that I don't like them.

Last edited:

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I like and dislike AEW. I think in retrospect they're doing too much to appeal the smarks and not the casual fan enough. I really don't care about good matches, I just want an intriguing story.

Every time I read an AEW result thread, it's always the same old "run in" after the match. I enjoy the story way more than I do good wrestling. Obviously if the match sucks, the story's payoff sucks too. I just want them to showcase their stars more. It's always beatdowns and matches, I want promos, why should I care about this star? He's a good wrestler? Cool, so is your entire roster. What makes them stand out? They got Christian and yeah, he's an old-timer but he's one of the best promos in the industry and you've barely made him cut promos?

FlandyOrton

Champion
Reaction score
I like and dislike AEW. I think in retrospect they're doing too much to appeal the smarks and not the casual fan enough. I really don't care about good matches, I just want an intriguing story.

Every time I read an AEW result thread, it's always the same old "run in" after the match. I enjoy the story way more than I do good wrestling. Obviously if the match sucks, the story's payoff sucks too. I just want them to showcase their stars more. It's always beatdowns and matches, I want promos, why should I care about this star? He's a good wrestler? Cool, so is your entire roster. What makes them stand out? They got Christian and yeah, he's an old-timer but he's one of the best promos in the industry and you've barely made him cut promos?
You don't care about good matches??

FlandyOrton

Champion
Reaction score
I'm happy I don't come here anymore & totally starting to understand why WWEForums us just a bunch of people who got laughed off of Reddit

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I'm happy I don't come here anymore & totally starting to understand why WWEForums us just a bunch of people who got laughed off of Reddit
You really burstin a vessel over people not liking aew huh

FlandyOrton

Champion
Reaction score
You really burstin a vessel over people not liking aew huh
Oh no! ....I'm really not. I'm not at all hurt over people not like aew if that's how you took that. ALOT of people love aew, I don't really know what you mean therefore.

...I just don't understand OP's post or why wrestling fans aren't interested in good wrestling matches ?

Hence why I posted that I do understand the reason they got excluded from other communities... alot of posts here seem just as ridiculous or immature. All I meant!

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Oh no! ....I'm really not. I'm not at all hurt over people not like aew if that's how you took that. ALOT of people love aew, I don't really know what you mean therefore.

...I just don't understand OP's post or why wrestling fans aren't interested in good wrestling matches ?

Hence why I posted that I do understand the reason they got excluded from other communities... alot of posts here seem just as ridiculous or immature. All I meant!
You seemed really defensive about people posting their opinions on AEW. Kinda bizarre to be really defensive, and then add that you know why everyone hates this site.

As for the strawmanning of other peoples arguments; Hogan v. Warrior was an objectively mediocre wrestling match, but it was an amazing story. CM Punk would prefer to watch a match like that over a match where the action is good, but the story falls flat. CM Punk is saying that he finds AEW to be lacking in creative or, at least, interesting storytelling at the expense of 'good' wrestling matches.

OP is saying that Omega and Bucks being predominately featured is a put off because he doesn't like their style as wrestlers. When he says that they suffer from overexposure, he's saying that they're too predominately featured on the show. I mean Omega is on like 3 major North American promotions atm, but you can't really count him in AAA since he's nonexistent and pretty much their version of Brock Lesnar (but Omega shows up once a year, rather than three times a year, so Omega's probably worse). He's not saying they don't deserve to be on TV or that their mere presence on TV is off-putting.

I said I don't care about AEW one way or the other. I watch like one show every six months. I think Omega is a great wrestler, as are The Young Bucks. The Bucks, in my opinion, do a lot of dumb shit that makes me not want to watch them. I don't enjoy their style. Omega doesn't scream must-watch to me either, granted nobody in wrestling does nowadays.

Reactions: Crash