It's Always Someone You Know: Scream 2022 Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ace Marvel

KPOP Innocent Child
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Interesting that both pieces of evidence that you picked up on are from obvious first page fluff/joke posts
Do i have more options I'll be post 60, and I'm a firm believer that games are not solved in the first 5 pages. Sorry.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Ace Marvel

KPOP Innocent Child
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Your main option would be to focus on people who have produced actual reactable content
Which has not been given to me, since most of the posts are related to meta reads or joke suss. If I survive to D3 that's when I'll give you actual good reads.

For now all I can give you is KPOP

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
In fairness, there's not really a whole lot to cling onto other than OMB being the only person so far to offer an off-the-bat scum lean on me, which is just. :punklol

Man gets off on reading me scum lol

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
In fairness, there's not really a whole lot to cling onto other than OMB being the only person so far to offer an off-the-bat scum lean on me, which is just. :punklol

Man gets off on reading me scum lol
Is that alignment indicative though for him? Or is it just something he does town or scum

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
As a counterpoint though, the game can totally be solved in the first few pages of the game especially if someone has an especially horrible post. It's happened to plenty of us in the past. So let's see how everyone enters thus far.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I personally didn't really find that suspicious myself because OMB could have just fluffed like everybody else at the start but I dunno

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Is that alignment indicative though for him? Or is it just something he does town or scum

IIRC, Poyser was actually the one to connect the dots that OMB tends to hand out scum leans like candy as town and town leans liberally as scum. That isn't always true tho tbf. We'll just have to observe and see what he does.

Ace Marvel

KPOP Innocent Child
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
As a counterpoint though, the game can totally be solved in the first few pages of the game especially if someone has an especially horrible post. It's happened to plenty of us in the past. So let's see how everyone enters thus far.
I agree on this, but unless is outing, if something you go back to after we have flips. imo

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
OMB's tone of play depending on his alignment really more or less how he wants himself to be perceived. Town OMB really kinda does not give a shit about having terrible reads or terrible argumentation (read: he's not afraid to enter into long-winded debates) while scum OMB is more concerned with staying alive, buddying up with strong town players, and only tangentially giving an obligatory scum lean/read (read: If confronted, he's more likely to back down unless by someone he's trying to push to be lynched). More or less, he wants to be more agreeable as scum because that's his strategy to survive as long as possible.

Mind you, these aren't totally concrete tells. OMB is an erratic player, but there's a semi-noticeable pattern to his madness.

Ace Marvel

KPOP Innocent Child
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Having a towncore is pretty useless, when a switching mechanic might be in play, so if I really have to make a read, I'll team up with the people sussing rather than clearing, because you might all read me as town (and be correct) today and tomorrow I'm a bad guy for example.

Overall I think is too early to tell, but again if I have to suss someone it's Sky atm.

For the rest I don't have real opinions, but I'll take into account the meta reads to some extent.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Having a towncore is pretty useless, when a switching mechanic might be in play, so if I really have to make a read, I'll team up with the people sussing rather than clearing, because you might all read me as town (and be correct) today and tomorrow I'm a bad guy for example.

Overall I think is too early to tell, but again if I have to suss someone it's Sky atm.

For the rest I don't have real opinions, but I'll take into account the meta reads to some extent.
Depends how you approach the game because I'm better at trying to find townier players than scum, especially on Day 1

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Sky and OMB sorta have similar tells, but Sky is a little easier to read between the two.

Sky is less erratic but even more of a coward as scum, and I think even she'd admit to this. She did have a banger of a game as scum one time (@Sky I think either you were teamed with me or I was hosting) but IIRC she still was lynched that game by POE. Sky also has the meme-meta of being extremely bloodthirsty as town and more relaxed as scum so not to rock the boat, but I do think that ship has long sailed.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, Sky.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
tbh I'm probably the worst Mafia player out of those among us who actually try, don't be fooled by my activity.

I try to stay calm most of the time nowadays, I've gone through like 5 metas

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
tbh I'm probably the worst Mafia player out of those among us who actually try, don't be fooled by my activity.

I try to stay calm most of the time nowadays, I've gone through like 5 metas

It's been like almost a year since you last played too, things back then were a lot different to now.