It's Always Someone You Know: Scream 2022 Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Also curious as to why Ace keeps saying this is a bastard game when the OP doesn't state this is bastard at all. Presumably he knows something we don't which is food for thought.
only thing I could think of is thats its multi scum confirmed but other than that, fair question

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Being able to switch teams, is my definition of bastard. That's not me knowing something, it's the OP thread saying that.
I see. I could consider it bastard if it weren't stated in the OP.

My definition of bastard would be something we couldn't possibly account for that was hidden behind the OP. Since we can account for possible alignment changing I wouldn't consider it bastard.

Ace Marvel

KPOP Innocent Child
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
There will be a lot of role overlap.
Some of the time it will be town/town, scum/scum, or even town/scum so I wouldn't hunt on this alone.
I would seriously suggest not hunting on flavor, it can lead you astray.
There is always a strong possibility of players changing alignments.
Either given a choice, not given a choice or activated purely off how the game unfolds.

The game will be alerted publicly whenever a piece of the board switches sides.
Blocked shots are nonrefundable.

The bolded part is what i would consider bastard.

Reactions: RDK

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I see. I could consider it bastard if it weren't stated in the OP.

My definition of bastard would be something we couldn't possibly account for that was hidden behind the OP. Since we can account for possible alignment changing I wouldn't consider it bastard.
To play devils advocate, arent bastard games on other sites labelled bastard ? Not quite the same thing but still

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
To play devils advocate, arent bastard games on other sites labelled bastard ? Not quite the same thing but still
On the site I play on regularly now the host has to explicitly state if a game is bastard. The bastard elements will be omitted from the OP. So this game- would not be bastard.

I understand Ace's perspective here though

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
On the site I play on regularly now the host has to explicitly state if a game is bastard. The bastard elements will be omitted from the OP. So this game- would not be bastard.

I understand Ace's perspective here though
Thanks for clarifying

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
I'm struggling a bit here Ace- do you actively read me scum? Given that you think I know Juice is town? Even though it's multiscum?

Ace Marvel

KPOP Innocent Child
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
I'm struggling a bit here Ace- do you actively read me scum? Given that you think I know Juice is town? Even though it's multiscum?
Not that I read you as scum, I'm just pointing something out.

Juice is NAI based on the meta people were throwing around, with a multicannon, I always expect mafia to have friendly fire with each other. So I tend to not make associations until we have some flips.

Is not that I don't agree with your reads, it's more of a where are the reads coming for, if that makes sense. I could vote Lethal or Grim, no problem, is your reasoning I'm not 100% behind. I have you at the same place you have me in your tier list.

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Not that I read you as scum, I'm just pointing something out.

Juice is NAI based on the meta people were throwing around, with a multicannon, I always expect mafia to have friendly fire with each other. So I tend to not make associations until we have some flips.

Is not that I don't agree with your reads, it's more of a where are the reads coming for, if that makes sense. I could vote Lethal or Grim, no problem, is your reasoning I'm not 100% behind. I have you at the same place you have me in your tier list.
Well that's fine but none of this explains how I could know Juice is town which is what you have said you think is the case.

My reasoning has been pretty clearly laid out. Lethal is almost entirely meta with some inconsistencies sprinkled in. Barry's play around the Lethal wagon was awful. Juice play can be NAI as you said- but that doesn't change the fact both of my main scum reads had voted for her as the counter.

I'm not sure how much more reasoning you could expect from a D1 reads list.

Ace Marvel

KPOP Innocent Child
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Well that's fine but none of this explains how I could know Juice is town which is what you have said you think is the case.

My reasoning has been pretty clearly laid out. Lethal is almost entirely meta with some inconsistencies sprinkled in. Barry's play around the Lethal wagon was awful. Juice play can be NAI as you said- but that doesn't change the fact both of my main scum reads had voted for her as the counter.

I'm not sure how much more reasoning you could expect from a D1 reads list.
But like you said, it's multi cannon, and I get that you read Juice as town. They claimed they needed 2 night for their role to work, or something like that. My paranoid mind takes me to killing role, cult-ish role, or the role that can switch, something Juice accused me of softing.

So I understand why you think that way about the wagon, but I also doubt that they tried to vote there to try to counter Lethal, it was too early in the wagon, and that is why I don't agree with the method of your reads to some extent.

You could
a) be correct and Juice is just town and they are mafia.
b) tying to push a narrative that helps Juice's slot, achieve their goal of being alive for 3 days.
c) You are wrong and you are trying to push Grim, other players confirmed to me that bussing was usual here.

So, I won't go after you atm, but I will not ignore that your reasoning is a little weak from my POV.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Want to apologise to @Ace Marvel for allowing insecurity and paranoia to consider they were part of the 'banned mafia crew'.

Reactions: RDK

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
But like you said, it's multi cannon, and I get that you read Juice as town. They claimed they needed 2 night for their role to work, or something like that. My paranoid mind takes me to killing role, cult-ish role, or the role that can switch, something Juice accused me of softing.

So I understand why you think that way about the wagon, but I also doubt that they tried to vote there to try to counter Lethal, it was too early in the wagon, and that is why I don't agree with the method of your reads to some extent.

You could
a) be correct and Juice is just town and they are mafia.
b) tying to push a narrative that helps Juice's slot, achieve their goal of being alive for 3 days.
c) You are wrong and you are trying to push Grim, other players confirmed to me that bussing was usual here.

So, I won't go after you atm, but I will not ignore that your reasoning is a little weak from my POV.
Fairly based. I also like your willingness to consider me despite Lethals presumed flip, strikes me as town paranoia (as you stated) more than anything. I don't think scum would bother trying to keep me in PoE at this stage. I expect they'll just look to off me.

Im surprised you find my reasoning weak but I expect the results of my pushes to speak for me ultimately so I'm not concerned by it.

Ace Marvel

KPOP Innocent Child
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Want to apologise to @Ace Marvel for allowing insecurity and paranoia to consider they were part of the 'banned mafia crew'.
It's okay, nothing personal against you. And I accept your apology.

I understand your frustration is you are usually killed D1, my advise is try to offer other targets or work with others. And try to don't go personal. Calling me fake with a grating personally was uncalled for and not related to the game. If you go after my play is always okay, just know that my vote on you was because of what was happening in the game atm, with now prior knowledge of you or previous games. And if I said something that you considered wrong or rude, I apologize for that.

If you want to return to the game I don't have any problem with that, all I ask is to not make things personal.

Ace Marvel

KPOP Innocent Child
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Fairly based. I also like your willingness to consider me despite Lethals presumed flip, strikes me as town paranoia (as you stated) more than anything. I don't think scum would bother trying to keep me in PoE at this stage. I expect they'll just look to off me.

Im surprised you find my reasoning weak but I expect the results of my pushes to speak for me ultimately so I'm not concerned by it.
From my POV it is mainly because a strong part of the case revolves around meta, that I don't have experience with. If I play more games, maybe I will catch the same tells you do. For now for me is a lot of who I trust is using meta the right way.