Is WWE intentionally depriving us of Ziggler?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
That is the only conclusion I can draw. I can somewhat understand his lacking segments on Raw, but why is Smackdown not centered around this beautifully charismatic man? One backstage segment watching bIg E's shitty match is all we get? fuck that man.

My only thing is they know Ziggler is a super hot commodity and they are going by the 'less is more' principle to leave us wanting more of the guy as opposed to overexposing him.

We will find out at Summerslam, because I'm now 75% sure Big E is going over in that match, which will let us all know what i fear. WWE isn't nearly as into Ziggler as we all are.

Reactions: Roi

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Hard to see Langston losing cleanly after being booked so strongly since his debut, but I also find it hard to see a hot Dolph losing. One of the unlikely matches I find this intriguing.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Hard to see Langston losing cleanly after being booked so strongly since his debut, but I also find it hard to see a hot Dolph losing. One of the unlikely matches I find this intriguing.

Easiest scenario is for dipshit AJ to get involved ONE LAST TIME *ugh* to inadvertently cost Big e the match when trying to help. this gives Ziggler the win and Big E can still look strong in defeat + Dump AJ and turn face (meaning we don't need more of Ziggler vs Langston *yay*)

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I don't want this thread to just become about Big E vs Ziggler though. Why the fuck don't they give this guy more airtime? I'm past the point of expecting promos or mic time, but they can't even give him a fucking match on SD? U WOT M8?!

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Yeah, I really don't understand why they're doing this. Maybe they just don't have a clue.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
They're just publicly trolling us. WWE has issues where once a superstar is hot, they like to take the piss and do absolutely nothing. Dolph Ziggler should be the main focus point on SmackDown.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Easiest scenario is for dipshit AJ to get involved ONE LAST TIME *ugh* to inadvertently cost Big e the match when trying to help. this gives Ziggler the win and Big E can still look strong in defeat + Dump AJ and turn face (meaning we don't need more of Ziggler vs Langston *yay*)

On paper this looks fantastic. Adds some closure to the AJ angle + Big E turns like he should + Dolph wins a match, but it would give me the sick-ish feeling of a Dolph/Big E face tag team for the forseeable future... Actually would be okay with that (only if Henry re-enters the WHC scene) since they need a face tag team and these guys could actually be funny together.

OP: They found the winning(?) formula. The more they deprive us of Ziggler, the more the fans get pissed that he's not featured on the show, the more over he gets.
Don't drag this out WWE. If they turn Dolph into Kofi 2.0 Vince can go... never mind.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
They're just publicly trolling us. WWE has issues where once a superstar is hot, they like to take the piss and do absolutely nothing.

Yeah, they treat hot talent so bad. Look at Daniel Bryan for example, he's doing absolutely nothing! Why can't they put him in a match against John Cena for the WWE Championship at Summerslam or something? Ugh, so much potential wasted.

Last edited:

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Yeah, they treat hot talent so bad. Look at Daniel Bryan for example, he's doing absolutely nothing! Why can't they put him in a match against John Cena for the WWE Championship at Summerslam or something? Ugh, so much potential wasted.

You can cherrypick arguments from either side of the point Saylor made. WWE definitely was trolling crowds with Ryder back when he was first getting over with smarks in 2011 or whenever it was

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
But look how that in the end turned out.

After the burial he went back to twitter complaining how he wasn't on TV. Instead of the fans continuing to back him and get him back on TV they did a complete 180 and absolutely shat on him. Going from "push this guy to the main event" to "release this whiny bitch" in just a few months. He was a fad that us fans didn't wholeheartedly support, unlike Daniel Bryan.

This is why I think they are pretty unpredictable when pushing hot talent, they don't want to push wrestlers who are fads only for them to fizzle down and their "investment" in them go down the toilet, they want long lasting stars. This is why I don't think Daniel Bryan was skyrocketed to the top completely after the YES chants started occurring, they wanted to see how it panned out before continuing on to what they're doing with him now.

(just so you know I don't think Ziggler is a fad at all, and I don't think what they're doing to him right now is the equivalent of Ryders burial at all.)

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net

Zack Ryder is a prime example of WWE trolling us and ruining such a good buzz he had. Why don't you talk about the negatives and positives? You're only looking at the good thing they've recently done, why don't you talk about someone like Zack Ryder? Do you admit they trolled us with him? If so, why are you here posting sarcastic posts?

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Antonio has been at a decent run, they gave him a good mouthpiece and he had a great match with Daniel Bryan.

Bryan is being pushed onto the main event.

Ziggler is in a feud with a big chocolate black man instead of in the world title scene.

Shield went over multiple faces and big names, but are now lost in the shuffle.

Wyatt family are in a feud with a big name since they're debut.

AJ has been booked great during her Diva's title reign.

Axel has been aligned with Heyman and had one of the most tearjerking moments for many fans when he won the IC title.

Damien Sandow won the money in the bank, and is being used to help solidify Cody Rhodes as a face, and possibly in the WHC picture.

We can all choose to ignore the good sides, or the bad sides of WWE. In the end, it isn't as bad as most people make seem, because every superstar can't make it to the main event picture.

As for Ziggler, I agree he should be back in the WHC picture after he's done with Big E. I don't see why WWE doesn't push him back, but maybe they're using this feud just to help make him and Big E a face, by using AJ. If AJ does interfere, I can see them using Ziggler away from them now on, and on his own, back in the WHC title scene since there isn't much people there now.

Reactions: Varus

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
why don't you talk about someone like Zack Ryder? Do you admit they trolled us with him?

Well, actually, I made a post talking about him right above yours.

Why don't you talk about the negatives and positives?

I didn't because, ironically, I was making a case on the positives because you only commented on the negatives. ;)

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I'm also fairly sure E is going to beat Ziggler as well. I'm not exactly sure why they are doing him so dirty, but it's one of the things that's been bugging lately about the product. He is so obviously gifted and it's sort of mind boggling to me that he isn't being utilized to his fullest capabilities.