Is TNA too 'about me'?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Whenever I watch TNA, I always get this vibe, from the fans to the wrestlers, that they're not there to do the storylines, they're there to say 'we're better than WWE, ROH etc..."

I think it's most obvious with the fans, who chant "TNA" whenever something happens, and not always the wrestler/s involved. Not saying that happens all the time, it's just that you never here "WWE" chants from WWE crowds.

Thoughts?

Reaction score
I've been saying for a very long time that there's room in the wrestling market for TNA. They need to stop being so preoccupied with WWE. It's ok to bash them sometimes if it's relevant to a storyline, I liked the early days of VKM in 2006 when they were really making fun of DX. It was great because DX was terrible and really bizarre.

noumenon

It's something that's always been chanted in the "alternative" company. Almost just affirmation that "HEY, WE'RE WATCHING _____ AND NOT WWE!"
Chanting WWE would be an almost moot and useless point. People chant TNA, ROH, ECW when something awesome and amazing happens. WWE's product is supposed to be stand alone head and shoulders above the rest already...so why chant the company name. That and it's probably heavily copyrighted and fans would be charged a dollar every time they said it aloud at a show.

the408kid

Reaction score
It's something that's always been chanted in the "alternative" company. Almost just affirmation that "HEY, WE'RE WATCHING _____ AND NOT WWE!"
Chanting WWE would be an almost moot and useless point. People chant TNA, ROH, ECW when something awesome and amazing happens. WWE's product is supposed to be stand alone head and shoulders above the rest already...so why chant the company name. That and it's probably heavily copyrighted and fans would be charged a dollar every time they said it aloud at a show.
AGREED!

LadyHotrod

That and yelling 'WWE' doesn't flow as nicely as TNA, ECW or ROH :p

TDamien

Reaction score

Couldn't have said it better, myself.

Haight

Reaction score
When you consider the fact that in the past month alone Vince McMahon, Chris Jericho, USA Network VP, Michael Cole, JR and others have made negative comments/tweets/etc towards TNA, I really have to question "Is TNA indeed 'too preoccupied' with WWE, or is it the other way around?" From where I'm sitting, TNA is simply in defense mode...doing their best to thwart off attacks from the 900 pound dinosaur.

I think the reason fans chant 'TNA' isn't nessarily to say 'were better', it's just that TNA is less predictable than WWE. By chanting 'TNA' , the fans are simply reaffirming the fact that the move/segment/etc they just witnessed, would never be seen in WWE. With WWE there are small suprises here and there but in the end they are not going to stray from their formula. TNA is more spontaneous..Now if they could build properly for their PPV's, cut a few of the old guys, and get rid of Hogan... (wishful thinking)

LadyHotrod

When you consider the fact that in the past month alone Vince McMahon, Chris Jericho, USA Network VP, Michael Cole, JR and others have made negative comments/tweets/etc towards TNA, I really have to question "Is TNA indeed 'too preoccupied' with WWE, or is it the other way around?" From where I'm sitting, TNA is simply in defense mode...doing their best to thwart off attacks from the 900 pound dinosaur.

I think the reason fans chant 'TNA' isn't nessarily to say 'were better', it's just that TNA is less predictable than WWE. By chanting 'TNA' , the fans are simply reaffirming the fact that the move/segment/etc they just witnessed, would never be seen in WWE. With WWE there are small suprises here and there but in the end they are not going to stray from their formula. TNA is more spontaneous..Now if they could build properly for their PPV's, cut a few of the old guys, and get rid of Hogan... (wishful thinking)

I could be wrong but I remember TNA starting with the shit talking.

Reaction score
^^^I think they did too, but since WWE has started paying attention, that sort of legitimizes TNA's existence. Either way, they need to focus on themselves first.

soulreaper545

Reaction score
TNA are more into te matchs it seems because of the lack of promos. I mean really who watches wrestling just for promos anyway

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I remember TNA starting with the shit talking.

Well he started off saying "in the past month alone" so that pretty much means that TNA were the one's who started it. Considering the fact that TNA's move to Mondays was all because of Raw being there as well, I don't understand the point you're making.

...god...

Reaction score
Wat. TNA and faggy Mike Tenay have been taking shots at the WWE since their fucking CREATION!