is this the push of zack ryder ?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

wwestephen33

Reaction score
IS this zack ryders push hes been on RAW and SmackDown this week but that RAW match was a disgrace it really was, Cole really!!!!! He is the assistant of SD GM Teddy long so at least we can see better matches ( LOL) so is that it for Zack Ryder

Thanks For Reading!!!

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I don't think so. The Assistant gig at least will get him a regular spot on TV and a chance to showcase some of his talents, and maybe this will lead to him getting a feud and join the active roster, on the other hand at this point it has cheesy comic relief character written all over it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He's getting some camera time right now, fulfilling the wishes to all 34 of his fans. I'm thinking it's a ruse to further push a Ryder backlash when people start getting tired of all the camera time he will get on Smackdown. Because it could happen, since people seem to be so fickle these days.

Triple H is evil didn't ya know? He's pretending to push Ryder but what he is doing is trying to kill his internet fanbase. Genius.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
So Deezy your not a Ryder fan I assume? It's not the greatest start but hey he's getting camera time. The guy has thousands of fans and it will be a huge plus. This is a smart move since Raw has it's feuds and guys right now. Not sure if I agree with that term of HHH trying to kill his fan base, but hey camera time is camera time.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Not going to say I'm not a fan, just didn't follow him. Never watched his webisodes and can't watch Superstars, so my Ryder knowledge is not fluent.

Plus I was just fucking around.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think that this is just the start for him. He will be the assistant GM on Smackdown for a few months and then will transfer back to the ring full time. It is a good way to use him and at least get him onto the show to keep his fanbase happy. He does have a growing fan base so it has been stupid of WWE not to use him and capitalise on his popularity. I hope to see more of him because he is entertaining, can clearly hold his own on the mic and he can wrestle. I hope that he still wrestles on RAW and isn't just used as an out of the ring guy on Smackdown.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Not really the best start on SD last week, I don't know if it was him or the script, but he just looked and acted like Grandmaster Sexy, and that in 2011 for anyone who is looking to advance is not good.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Definitely not a good person to be compared with. Hopefully he can be taken seriously whilst also doing some comic skits. Outside the ring he can be a joker but inside he needs fans to take him seriously.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Lets see who else have been in the assistant spots. Bunch of diva's, Tajiri, Matt Morgan, Debra, Val Venis, Coach. So how many of them got a huge push out of that... How many of them ever amounted to anything in WWE. I agree with Deezy's fucking around. I root for Ryder just because he manages to get people to cheer for him without being on TV but this will not get him to a title. He'll get cheap comedy airtime similar to Santino.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
He will never be pushed. He will stick around for a bit tho

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I like how none of you guys have faith in the kid.

His fan base is HUGE. And if we've learned anything with Punk, having a large fan base can really get you over. His chants on Raw, and his pops on Raw are close to, if not, the loudest ones in the whole show. Hes got almost every paying member in his back pocket. And his like what, 25? There is a very bright future ahead of him, and I can bet you all my lives savings that he will be a world champion, if not multiple world champion by age 30. This is only the start of the Ryder Revolution.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Tapout... I have faith in Ryder but he will not be pushed, let's face it. Santino was popular but he's done nothing but be a tag champ and a two time IC.

This is why Ryder will not be pushed.

Ryder copped a pedigree off HHH on Smackdown this week after he apologized for making a handicap last week. DiBiase & Rhodes interfered and Long made Jackson vs. Ryder

After Ryder lost, HHH delivered a pedigree.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Tapout... I have faith in Ryder but he will not be pushed, let's face it. Santino was popular but he's done nothing but be a tag champ and a two time IC.

This is why Ryder will not be pushed.

Ryder copped a pedigree off HHH on Smackdown this week after he apologized for making a handicap last week. DiBiase & Rhodes interfered and Long made Jackson vs. Ryder

After Ryder lost, HHH delivered a pedigree.

That didn't even happen on camera. It was just something to entertain the crowd. All I'm saying is that almost all world champions didn't start off on a golden cloud, and had made themselves over the years to make themselves a world champion.

Yes, Santino is popular, but I don't think he ever wanted it. Ryder wants it, you can tell. And hes got some of the biggest names in wrestling backing him, and that means a lot.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Even if his career ONLY replicates what Santino has done that is a pretty damn good career. He is on RAW every week, he wins regularly, he is majorly over with the crowd and he is quite often on PPVs. Santino whilst a comedy character has done a lot and a lot of wrestlers would kill for the career he has had.

In saying that Ryder has everything in front of him. Like Tapout said he is only 25, most guys don't even make it to WWE by that stage and he has been on tv for a few years now. He has created his own gimmick and has a big fanbase with no help from WWE plus his merchandise is always selling out so that sends a message to WWE and sends some nice royalty checks to Ryder. WWE will use him eventually and for now he is more of a comedy character but that can always change. Realistically he has another decade in the company so there is plenty of time to build him into a world champion.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Trouble is Tapout the reactions he has been getting on Raw have been based solely on his internet show, it is far easily to get fan support based on something you do online than it is to get over week in and week out on raw, the buzz from his internet show will only last so long, he now needs to prove himself as talent who can engage the fans on TV and PPV in the long term. So far I have not been very impressed, thought he looked very aveage in the tag match on Monday. Being twenty five and already having a number of years under his belt is the best thing one can say, if he can nail down a mid-card slot for the rest of thev year then that should be enough for now.