Is this a possible loophole in the MITB principle?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Jonathan said:
YTku3y8.png

Can only be used for the WHC Title, unfortunately.

I'd love a Punk/Ziggler feud.

You're using wiki as a source :dawg: ? I know it's been mentioned as a WHC shot but I don't think it's ever been mentioned as title exclusive if that makes sense, mainly because of the brand idea being dead so it's never been met in a story. I'm supposing it's a possible into Cena / Ziggler though, it's not literal more theoretical.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Wiki isn't a source. It's a brand title I swear. I've not once seen them mention that they can only go for the big onse :urm:.

I know it's a ridiculous little video but Punk actually acknowledged this in a way :dawg:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_Y0t-z5Ky8[/video]

I'd be down for building such a personal feud that someone cashed in for a IC title match, I know it's illogical but imagine such a bad blood feud over that title resulting in someone cashing in MITB for a shot.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Gonna re-watch MITB right now and listen to what Lillian says.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Do it Champ just remember https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-ZPsTsWWDQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=123s

They do botch too.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
The following is a money in the bank ladder match, and it is for a world heavyweight championship contract.

Dolph Ziggler has in his hands a contact guaranteeing him a WH title opportunity.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Is it possible she botched, or is it not an easy way into a feud? Also why is it branded Raw and Smackdown ?

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Seabs said:
Is it possible she botched, or is it not an easy way into a feud? Also why is it branded Raw and Smackdown ?

Just edited with a quote from Cole when Ziggler wins.

I don't know, they've done brands since either 08 or 09, now that it turned into it's own PPV and there's 2 matches.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Jonathan said:
Just edited with a quote from Cole when Ziggler wins.

I don't know, they've done brands since either 08 or 09, now that it turned into it's own PPV and there's 2 matches.

So it's possible my idea works and they classed it as a WHC match since that was the title at the time?

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score

At 10:28 when Vickie announces it, she announces one for the WWE Championship and one for the World Heavyweight Championship. It's not relegated to the brand, so technically speaking no, that's not a loophole Dolph could exploit to get the WWE Championship.

Seabs said:

Wasn't a botch. They were Championship specific because at that time the brand split all but ended & they were doing an all former champions match (with Cena) and needed to get people from both Raw and Smackdown in the other one (which is why I pointed out Cena, a Raw guy, was in the former one. Ziggler was a Raw guy at the time, if it was the Smackdown Money In The Bank Ziggler couldn't have been in the World Championship one). Why are the briefcases branded Raw & Smackdown? Because WWE are freakin' lazy and didn't feel like changing it, especially when it's very possible this was a one time occasion. Plus, their is no real reason too, considering the brand would tell which championship to cash in on.

Which is why even though the technically can't do that, and it would become a plot-hole if that scenario did happen, it's such an insignificant plot-hole that it doesn't matter in the slightest.