Is this a possible loophole in the MITB principle?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Now I know the case is for a world heavyweight championship match but it's also covered in Smackdown branding and DZ won it in the Smackdown match set up by Booker T so if the WWE title got drafted over to Smackdown could he cash in on that instead? Now I know the brandsplit is dead but I can't find a flaw in the theory from a kayfabe standpoint at least.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
He would be able to yes. By holding that, he can cash it in on any SmackDown champion. If the WWE title was on SmackDown, then it would be a SmackDown championship.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Ah got ya, I never knew if they acknowledged this on the show or not before. The main thing that made me think of it was the Castlemania guys principle of DZ cashing in on Cena, say they brought a draft post WM and traded him over leading to a DZ cash in. I'm rambling here but it would probably be better for him than beating ADR would be.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they specifically mentioned the World Heavyweight Championship as being the only kind of title that Dolph can cash in on, regardless of what color the briefcase is. And Cena being "drafted" to Smackdown? lol No chance.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
KLockard23 said:
I'm pretty sure they specifically mentioned the World Heavyweight Championship as being the only kind of title that Dolph can cash in on, regardless of what color the briefcase is. And Cena being "drafted" to Smackdown? lol No chance.

It happened before.... he was drafted but drafted back later on the same show, who says it can't again?

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Seabs said:
It happened before.... he was drafted but drafted back later on the same show, who says it can't again?

When was that? I took a break from 2007-2010 so it must have happened somewhere in between there, where my knowledge of what happened is somewhat limited in some areas.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
KLockard23 said:
When was that? I took a break from 2007-2010 so it must have happened somewhere in between there, where my knowledge of what happened is somewhat limited in some areas.
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J9GkUR90ro[/video]

Orton and Cena were drafted on the same night, it was 2011 I think. Cena got drafted back on the same night though.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Seabs said:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J9GkUR90ro[/video]

Orton and Cena were drafted on the same night, it was 2011 I think. Cena got drafted back on the same night though.

Such a bad moment when he got drafted back. :mad2:

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Don't remember that at all. How did he make it back to Raw? A huge exchange in talent? (They did it that way with Triple H in 2004, Bischoff traded Booker T. AND the Dudleyz just to get Teddy Long to give him back Triple H for Raw.)

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
KLockard23 said:
Don't remember that at all. How did he make it back to Raw? A huge exchange in talent? (They did it that way with Triple H in 2004, Bischoff traded Booker T. AND the Dudleyz just to get Teddy Long to give him back Triple H for Raw.)

SmackDown won first match - Cena drafted
Raw won last match - Cena drafted

Such stupid booking.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
It's an opportunity at the World Heavyweight Title, not any title.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Jonathan said:
It's an opportunity at the World Heavyweight Title, not any title.

So it's not a shot at the Smackdown title ? I don't see why it'd be title and not brand evaluated from a kayfabe perspective at least.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Seabs said:
So it's not a shot at the Smackdown title ? I don't see why it'd be title and not brand evaluated from a kayfabe perspective at least.

YTku3y8.png

Can only be used for the WHC Title, unfortunately.

I'd love a Punk/Ziggler feud.