Is there ever a wrestler that you were surprised of, that came off as highly intelligent?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
I'll admit, Eddie Guerrero(outside of his lie, cheat and steal gimmick) and Kane(outside of his intimidating, monsterous gimmick) came off to me as surprisingly highly intelligent and articulate judging by all their shoot interviews I've watched.

For instance, there was shoot interview I've watched on Youtube where Eddie talked nothing like his wrestling persona and sounded rather very articulate and smart, by knowing what he's talking about.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Kane enjoys reading and politics but when I first found that out I was shocked.

I guess when you think of wrestlers, the stereotyping comes in of them being all "uneducated". This was the same thing that happened with the fans in the early days of wrestling all the way into the 90's. People who came out as fans were considered uneducated rednecks, white trash, and so on.

I am sure a lot of them are very well educated in certain areas. They have had lives before WWE and will have lives after. A few I know of....

Eve has a degree in both Industrial and Systems Engineering.
Chris Jericho has a degree in Creative Communications.
Even Kurt Angle has a degree in Education.
The Rock has both a Bachelor of General Studies in Criminology and Physiology.
Kane has a degree in English Literature.

I think it is funny because people just assumed these guys were nothing but meat heads for the longest time and it isn't true.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Kane is probably going to dominant this conversation so just to be an awkward bugger I'll say Raven. He's a very clever cookie by all accounts.

Wardi_12

The Artiste
Reaction score
Isn't Rhyno a political figure, that's a big surprise considering his character

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
Kane enjoys reading and politics but when I first found that out I was shocked.

I guess when you think of wrestlers, the stereotyping comes in of them being all "uneducated". This was the same thing that happened with the fans in the early days of wrestling all the way into the 90's. People who came out as fans were considered uneducated rednecks, white trash, and so on.

I am sure a lot of them are very well educated in certain areas. They have had lives before WWE and will have lives after. A few I know of....

Eve has a degree in both Industrial and Systems Engineering.
Chris Jericho has a degree in Creative Communications.
Even Kurt Angle has a degree in Education.
The Rock has both a Bachelor of General Studies in Criminology and Physiology.
Kane has a degree in English Literature.

I think it is funny because people just assumed these guys were nothing but meat heads for the longest time and it isn't true.
I also heard that Kane also has a geeky side to himself(he enjoys reading comic books for his spare time).

Reactions: Solid Snake