• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Is there anyone you'd consider yourself a fanboy/girl of?

Punk_Axel_Ziggler_Fan

The Artiste
Reaction score
Of course there's the obvious ones like Daniel Bryan, CM Punk etc. but I was thinking maybe someone less popular.

I would definately consider myself a huge fanboy of Curtis Axel. I was a fan of his back when he was Michael McGillicutty. I think he has the look, I really enjoy his in-ring work and yeah, he's not that great on the mic (which is why he has Paul Heyman) but he is improving, and he actually cut some great promos in his feud with Tyson Kidd on NXT. I didn't like the direction his career was going in 2010-2011. When he was just another member of the Nexus that no one really noticed, and then his WWE Tag Team Championship reign with David Otunga. Don't get me wrong, I was happy that he was a champion, but he was never on RAW, rarely on SmackDown but was on Superstars nearly every week. During their 2 month title reign, they had only one successful title defence against The Usos on SmackDown. I was a mixture of relieved and dissapointed when they lost the titles. He put on some great singles matches in 2011-2012, like him vs. Tyson Kidd in the main event of the first episode of the repackaged NXT. It was awesome to see him repackaged as Curtis Axel. When he won the Intercontinental Championship at Payback, I marked. the fuck. out. I got up and jumped/danced around cheering. I actually still watch that match occasionally and get goosebumps watching him win the title. If he ever gets a t-shirt released I would defizately buy it, and I'm still waiting for a Curtis Axel action figure.

Anyway, I think I've gone on a little too much. So, anyone you're a massive mark of?

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Fandango, Ryback, Cesaro and Bryan are a few. That's all I'm saying, because I'm bound to get hate directed at my way lol.

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I've always like Axel too. Back in his NXT days he was awesome, especially in his program with Kidd. And the Saito Suplexes he does are the best in the bus-i-ness!

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Of course. I've been a fanboy of Del Rio literally since his debut. Others would actually maybe be Cena, I enjoy him.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Chris Jericho- He's the first wrestler I actually remember watching,he had me in awe from the get go.
Dean Ambrose- I found a promo of his on YouTube and have been hooked since.
AJ Styles- When I first started watching TNA he stuck out the most to me.
Bad Influence- I've always liked Daniels and Kazarian and them two as a team are just golden.
Bobby Roode- I wasn't really big on him when he was with Team Canada or Beer Money but the way he turned on Storm really got me going for him.
Sami Zayn- I don't watch much Indy stuff but I've seen some of his clips and matches as El Generico. I really didn't know what to make of him until he made it on NXT and I was able to keep up with him weekly. His gimmick is delightful and his wrestling skills are amazing.
Tyler Breeze- He was ok as Mike Dalton but I never paid much attention to him. That is until he debuted on NXT as Tyler Breeze. Tyler Breeze is awesome and is one of my favorites in NXT at the moment.

Last edited:

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Daniel Bryan.

TKK

Reaction score
I'd consider myself a fanboy of both Austin Aries and Kassius Ohno, I feel like my judgement gets clouded whenever I'm talking about them. E.g. I thought Aries rubbing his nuts in Hemme's face was awesome.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I love Justin Gabriel and Drew McIntyre.

Knew there was a reason I liked you. :pP

Anywho, even though my fanboyism is about 30% of why I'm happy he's champ guess I have to answer Chris Sabin here haha. He and Tyson Kidd are two guys who really won me over with their wrestling alone. And the Uso's too. Would throw out the NXT Big 3 (Wyatt, Neville, Zayn) but guess they fall in the internet darling category.