Is there a WWE wrestler you were entertained by that can't wrestle worth crap but has...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
a very entertaining gimmick, body physique and stature?

As god-awful bad as The Great Khali was in the ring(as far as wrestling skills go), I'll admit, I still found his dominating monsterous heel gimmick(during 2006-2008) and his intimidating presence to be entertaining.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Ryback was always entertaining to me but his wrestling skills were ehhhhh

MrEdzhuks

The Showoff
Reaction score
Sandman probably. I usually hate wrestlers that are crap at wrestling, but Sandman is great.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Ryback was always entertaining to me but his wrestling skills were ehhhhh
Ryback was always fun to watch. And he was decent for a big hoss type guy.

My vote for this would probably go to Gangrel. He will never be remembered as a great wrestler, but young Wiz thought him and The Brood were just the coolest. Loved the whole vampire aesthetic, the entrance coming up inside the ring of fire, spitting the blood before he got into the ring, one of the GOAT theme songs, the bloodbaths.

collim1

The Artiste
Reaction score
Dana Brooke. Love her look and heelish antics. Just can't get it together in the ring.

I hope she improves and sticks around.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Hogan. I was a huge Hulkamaniac when i was a kid.
I'm always surprised people regard Hulk as a bad wrestler, his Hulkamania run was repetitive but I wouldn't call him bad by any stretch of the imagination. His selling to get people involved in his match for the big come back was top notch.

dferguson2

Jobber
Reaction score
Ultimate Warrior couldn't wrestle his way out of a paper bag. Yet was fun to watch.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
My vote for this would probably go to Gangrel. He will never be remembered as a great wrestler, but young Wiz thought him and The Brood were just the coolest. Loved the whole vampire aesthetic, the entrance coming up inside the ring of fire, spitting the blood before he got into the ring, one of the GOAT theme songs, the bloodbaths.
:yes:
I second this opinion...
Dana Brooke. Love her look and heelish antics. Just can't get it together in the ring.

I hope she improves and sticks around.
I also second this...Dana has a great look...but needs to improve her ring skills
and be developed as a character. Its not really her fault for being in the situation
she's in...WWE elevated her to the main roster way before she was ready for it.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I'm always surprised people regard Hulk as a bad wrestler, his Hulkamania run was repetitive but I wouldn't call him bad by any stretch of the imagination. His selling to get people involved in his match for the big come back was top notch.

It was during his peak but then it just became routine for many years. In fact, in the later years before and during his face WCW run, he looked like he was even just phoning in the selling and the "hulk up."

Hogan actually tended to have his best matches when he didn't win. He had some great matches in the AWA with Nick Bockwinkel. His losing efforts against the Ultimate Warrior, Andre the Giant and the Rock were great performances on his part. But it seemed more often than not, he was simply going through the motions in my view.

So in all reality, Hulk could be a good wrestler WHEN HE WANTED TO. Sad thing is, for the latter half of his career, he rarely seemed to want to.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Kurt Angle. Great charisma and character but couldn't wrestle to save his life.

:troll:

• Haha
Reactions: Aztecwarrior480

Gembo

The Showoff
Reaction score
Sheamus, he's improved but still not great, but he's Irish as hell which always made me like him

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score

Hogans more average than out right bad. Lots of charisma to cover it though.

I liked Goldberg in WCW I admit it. Make Hogan look like AJ. To be fair I turned 19 in 1997 (yes I am old).

Even younger in the late 80's. I liked the Ultimate Warrior. I got bored with Hogan fairly quick and Warrior was getting close to Hogan at one point (89/90). Some of those old Warrior matches are still entertaining like him squashing Honky Tonk Man or Hogan/Warrior in the Rumble.

Also Bushwhackers were really over locally but they did not seem to win much, the jobber concept eluded me as a kid although you knew the Brooklyn Brawler and Horowitz out right sucked.

Reactions: seabs