Is there a SvR Videogame curse?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

You know how there's the Madden curse, the player on the cover of the Madden game gets hurt (Vince Young actually got hurt yesterday and he was this year's coverboy)? It seem we might have something similar.

When the first SvR came out, Vince got injured (I believe he teared both his quads)

SvR 06 had Batista on the cover (Alongside Cena) and Batista got hurt that year.

SvR 07 had HHH in the cover.... He also got hurt.

But wait, there's more and its a tad creepy.

Smackdown vs Raw 2006

Chapter 2- Urning Your Respect

In this chapter you face Eddie Guerrero who steals Undertakers urn and now Eddie controls everything the Undertaker does. Eventually you help Undertaker out and get his urn back, but in the end of the chapter, Undertaker chokeslams Eddie Guerrero onto a casket and closes it shut. Sadly 2 days after the game came out (November 15th) Eddie Guerrero was found dead in his hotel toom.

Smackdown vs Raw 2007

Chapter 1- The Rabid Wolverine and The Deadman

In this chapter, you are caught in the middle of a feud with Chris Benoit and The Undertaker. Eventually, you decide the outcome of the feud, by having it finish with Taker winning or Benoit winning. During a backstage cutscene in the game, Benoit confronts Undertaker and they have an exchange of words. Heres the creepy part, The Undertaker says something like this, "Benoit, when your family mourns over your dead carcass, they will have no one to blame for it but you". Then on June 25th 2007 Chris Benoit murdered his wife and son and killed himself.

So, are these just a bunch of coincidences, or is something more sinister afoot? >_>

By the way... I've heard in SvR 08, Kennedy feuds with Taker. I'll go get my black tux ready. The cover also has John Cena (Arrrgh! My Pec!), Bobby Lashley (Arrgh! My Shoulder!!) and The Undertaker (Arrgh! My Bicep... though he's fine now).

The Rated R CMStar

Undertaker is the dead warrant, for the ones he feuds in the game. I can only hope Ken Kennedy the better

Reaction score
Damn thats not cool that ken Kennedy is next on the R.I.P. list. Now I hope this curse isnt true. I have seen this coincidence a couple times before actually. What makes me curious is what would happen if they made it so your CAW feuded with the undertaker? Would we have everyone who bought the game die? Lets see if the curse is real then!
As for the cover curse, just put the logo on it only or something else to keep it from being too much like the Madden curse.

wwe_fanatic

Reaction score
That a crazy find sp. I never thought of it but that is osme freaky shit. Hope Kennedy dosen't go. He my fave :) lol

soulpower said:
The cover also has John Cena (Arrrgh! My Pec!), Bobby Lashley (Arrgh! My Shoulder!!) and The Undertaker (Arrgh! My Bicep... though he's fine now).

:rofl:

Soulpower

What makes me curious is what would happen if they made it so your CAW feuded with the undertaker?

Then a real life CAW would die.... My guess is Cody Rhodes >_>

PeepShow

Is the WWE logo on the cover? O yeah, that explains a lot......;)

Travis40

You know how there's the Madden curse, the player on the cover of the Madden game gets hurt (Vince Young actually got hurt yesterday and he was this year's coverboy)? It seem we might have something similar.

When the first SvR came out, Vince got injured (I believe he teared both his quads)

SvR 06 had Batista on the cover (Alongside Cena) and Batista got hurt that year.

SvR 07 had HHH in the cover.... He also got hurt.

But wait, there's more and its a tad creepy.

Smackdown vs Raw 2006

Chapter 2- Urning Your Respect

In this chapter you face Eddie Guerrero who steals Undertakers urn and now Eddie controls everything the Undertaker does. Eventually you help Undertaker out and get his urn back, but in the end of the chapter, Undertaker chokeslams Eddie Guerrero onto a casket and closes it shut. Sadly 2 days after the game came out (November 15th) Eddie Guerrero was found dead in his hotel toom.

Smackdown vs Raw 2007

Chapter 1- The Rabid Wolverine and The Deadman

In this chapter, you are caught in the middle of a feud with Chris Benoit and The Undertaker. Eventually, you decide the outcome of the feud, by having it finish with Taker winning or Benoit winning. During a backstage cutscene in the game, Benoit confronts Undertaker and they have an exchange of words. Heres the creepy part, The Undertaker says something like this, "Benoit, when your family mourns over your dead carcass, they will have no one to blame for it but you". Then on June 25th 2007 Chris Benoit murdered his wife and son and killed himself.

So, are these just a bunch of coincidences, or is something more sinister afoot? >_>

By the way... I've heard in SvR 08, Kennedy feuds with Taker. I'll go get my black tux ready. The cover also has John Cena (Arrrgh! My Pec!), Bobby Lashley (Arrgh! My Shoulder!!) and The Undertaker (Arrgh! My Bicep... though he's fine now).

Don't tell me that there's a Madden Curse for SVR now. Plus SVR 2006 came out 2 days after Eddie died cause I remember my friend was stupid enough to ask if SVR 06 would still have Eddie in in since he died the day before...then the next day I got it.

But I just think it's coincidences. Plus Benoit doesn't have a family to mourn over his dead carcass...remember? He killed his wife and kid...the others were taken out by the Sharpshooter and he used an illegal choke on Nancy and the Crossface on Daniel.

Reaction score
Wait hold on people! I just realized how to end the curse!!!!

Change the name! Here is a name idea of a WWE game series that should continue, Day of Reckoning!

There no Smackdown curse!

PeepShow

^Problem is, TNA isnt so stupid as to make their wrestlers work 5 days a fucking week, so they dont get injured as often. :)

Edit: For Phil