Is there a point to Mark Henry?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Austin_316

Reaction score
Over the years we have seen Mark Henry come back and become this so-called monster because he is the world's strongest man. He has had a number of feuds that didn't really last a long time. Then we see him get drafted to ECW and become the ECW world champion. Who on ECW could he really be challenged by? I mean come on Matt Hardy is not really what you would call world title material but is a good main eventer now. So now Mark Henry has Tony Atlas by his side but doesn't really fit the bill. His matches are boring, slow or sometimes take minutes to be over. There is no real point to him being on there because he is the only 'monster' and will only be fighting Matt Hardy all the time.

Is there any other point for Mark Henry to be on ECW or in WWE at all?

Discuss....

Airfixx

Want a 'point'?

It makes Matt look damn good if he can resist the challenge of a monster trying to get his ECW title back.

That's just for starters...

Henry's decent...

I particularly enjoyed his face-offs with Big Show earlier this year and they didn't even lead to a one-on-one fued. Similarly, I thought his winning of the ECW title (over Kane & Big Show) was pretty cool.

I really liked him as sexual chocoloate too! :mrgreen:

Austin_316

Reaction score
Yeah he was ok in the Nation of Domination and his sick stint with Mae Young as sexual chocolate but he doesn't seem like a mammoth who can really be challenged on ECW.

Airfixx

^^^The last part of your post makes no sense, but in case you haven't noticed, HE's the one doing the challenging.

C4

It's called a 10-year-contract... Signed in 1997?!

I think they signed him in 1999 with the 10 year contract, his contract expires in early 2009 and I wouldn't be surprised if he would be released.

noumenon

He's just one of those guys who have been around for a while and I'm sure is pretty well liked backstage and knows his shit of how the company works. There are a lot of guys in the WWE who shouldn't have jobs, Mark Henry is the least of their concerns.

C4

I like mark Henry hes a good heel.

You like him? OMG

He is a good heel? OMG

You pointed out some extremely Incomprehensible facts there, I'm shocked... thanks for all that information brother.

MikeRaw

Of course he has a point. His character is a monster heel, and he's good at it. Over the year's, ghe has been in some good feuds, and good matches. On ECW, he actually gets over as a heel, so this question is kinda weird. It can be asked for anyone really, but IMO, Henry does his bjob well.