Is the US title scene a good or bad place to start Ambrose?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Never mind putting a useless belt on him. Just introduce him as a new wrestler and put him in a really important feud with someone. Is the Foley feud still on or what? That would be a good start. You can always put a belt on him later on after he's already somewhat established. Since there are rumors of him feuding with Foley and since he's supposedly doing a psychotic gimmick, I'm thinking of the way Foley debuted by attacking Undertaker early on and being the first guy (to my knowledge) to beat Taker cleanly. That got Mankind over in a hurry and you never needed to worry about putting a belt (even back when belts felt important) on him to do the job for you. Do a similar thing with Amborse.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
KevinLockard23 said:
Never mind putting a useless belt on him. Just introduce him as a new wrestler and put him in a really important feud with someone. Is the Foley feud still on or what? That would be a good start. You can always put a belt on him later on after he's already somewhat established. Since there are rumors of him feuding with Foley and since he's supposedly doing a psychotic gimmick, I'm thinking of the way Foley debuted by attacking Undertaker early on and being the first guy (to my knowledge) to beat Taker cleanly. That got Mankind over in a hurry and you never needed to worry about putting a belt (even back when belts felt important) on him to do the job for you. Do a similar thing with Amborse.

Foley feud was on, but it looks like it's abandoned now unfortunately.

I wouldn't mind Ambrose v Regal becoming a RAW feud instead of FCW, their feud there was fucking amazing and can easily be replicated.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Here is my quickly sketched up idea of how a Miz Ambrose feud could work. Maybe not the best one but bare with me.

Miz and Rey continue their feud. During a title defense Ambrose jumps in from the crowd (announcers don't know who he is) attacks Rey and leaves through the crowd. Rey gets a rematch and again Ambrose intervenes. After a while Rey cuts a promo on the situation with the "rowdy fan". Ambrose again jumps the rail and grabs a mic, cuts a promo on Rey, about how he will destroy him, about how someone is paying him to the it and how he will enjoy causing Rey pain. Miz comes out and reveals himself as the one who paid Ambrose, the two beat down Rey.

Rey and Ambrose fight for a week or two, then it all falls into tag teaming, Rey and another popular face (Ryder, Cara, Santino) vs Miz and Ambrose. Ambrose destroys Rey, sending him off with a injury. Miz starts feuding with other wrestlers and over time starts showcasing more face tendencies yet he keeps up some kind of contact or association with Ambrose who keeps beating guys in the mid card/lower card (not squashes, real competitive matches that can showcase him as a psycho). Ambrose also keeps intervening in the occasional Miz match.

Eventually Miz is put into a title feud against someone he is a underdog against (insert Show or whatever heel big man). Miz beats him with the help of Ambrose in a no DQ match. RAW after the match Miz cuts a promo that showcases even more that he is leaning towards going good, he welcomes Ambrose out to thank him for saving him (have show or whoever maybe have been going to break Miz's leg when Ambrose comes out). Ambrose and Miz shakes hands and Ambrose lays Miz out. Savagely beating him and stealing the belt. Leaving Miz to be sent out on a stretcher as he walks of with the IC belt.

It's not perfect and needs fine tuning but it includes why I think could be the basis for such a feud.

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
I don't know a great deal about Ambrose, I've seen a couple of promo's. & The match on FCW vs Regal. Now if he's a physco could he return with the hardcore championship? Long shot but wondered what you thought?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
It'd work and be alright to see, but it takes spotlight off Ambrose. He seems like an extra in that feud, where as I'd prefer to see him as the center of attention.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
If it is in reply to my post: The idea would be to have him start taking more and more ground and attention in the program. Mainly by his actions and developing a reputation as a guy who injures people (have him send off guys like Tatsu, Bateman or maybe even Slater with a "two week injury" ). Then as Miz turns more and more face Ambrose starts placing himself more and more in the program, build some tension between them.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Have him fued with a lower-tier legend (someone similar to Foley) and have him destroy them in a match. Then move move on to a fued with a current top face then up to WHC for me. The guy needs to stay as far away from the midcard as humanly possible because he would just like silly there IMO. He's got the kind of character that works best as a main eventer and there's absolutely no doubt from me that he has the talent; and WWE's unwillingness to pull the trigger and debut him suggests to me they hold him in as high a regard as I do, because they don't want to ruin him.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
images

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Better then tearing his quad.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Let him attack Cesaro a number of times after a match. No respect to Aksana, so no distractions. Promo's from him to build it up, and then a title match. (maybe at a PPV)

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Nah, don't get him involved with the US title. Let him start by beating the living crap out of Foley/Regal/Flair. Give them some mic time and a No DQ match in the end and there it is.