Is the US title scene a good or bad place to start Ambrose?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
As most of you know I'm anxious as hell waiting for Ambrose's debut. I'm excited because he is one of the best talents WWE has and hasn't been ruined yet, though I'm slightly pessimistic because the character I want for Ambrose -- which I think is the right one -- is something I'm unsure WWE will pull the trigger on.

To summarise, the character I want for Ambrose is that of a psychotic wrestler who has no problem going to any lengths to win, or taunt his opposition. For example, when in severe pain I'd like to see him laugh. I want him to avoid the typical coward-heel mould, I want him to be the psycho who will fight anyone at any time. Though he would need to do some ground breaking stuff to really get that character over, something I'm unsure WWE would allow a rookie to do.

We've all been debating his place on the show for quite a long time now, and I'm still unsure what's best. If the midcard was a healthy place, then it's just common sense to start him there. But it's not, it's effectively dead at this point in time. They could either use Ambrose to revive it and have him as one of the focal points on RAW -- with the United States title -- or they could quite possibly ruin Ambrose putting him in such a poor division.

So what's the best for Ambrose? What would YOU do if in charge of his debut?

Zach

Emma Watson ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
>Cesaro cuts a promo
>Ambrose interrupts
>Cesaro wrestles, Ambrose costs him the match
>Ambrose continues to help him lose matches
>Steals Aksana from him
>Beats him in first match on WWE.
>Eventually wins US title

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Damien Sandow said:
>Cesaro cuts a promo
>Ambrose interrupts
>Cesaro wrestles, Ambrose costs him the match
>Ambrose continues to help him lose matches
>Steals Aksana from him
>Beats him in first match on WWE.
>Eventually wins US title

Wouldn't like this at all personally.

Zach

Emma Watson ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Wouldn't like this at all personally.

NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR OPINION :cry:

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Feud with The Miz. The Miz brags about how he is a great champion, and no one can beat him then Ambrose comes out. Ambrose beats up the Miz then takes the Intercontinental championship with him as he leaves. The Miz says that Ambrose is a nobody, and he can only steal championships and stuff like that. Then Ambrose comes out, and Miz trys to ambush him. Ambrose start fighting until security comes out and separates them. AJ comes out and says that next week Miz will fight Ambrose for the Intercontinental championship. The next week Miz wins though, and as he celebrates Ambrose beats him up after the match until he can't stand up. The week after that Ambrose cuts a promo on how saying he will destroy the Miz and take the championship away from him. The Miz comes out angrily with a lead pipe and ambushes Ambrose. He says he accepts Ambrose's challenge and at the next Pay-Per-View Ambrose fights The Miz, and wins. Then they continue the feud for about one or two more Pay-Per-Views I suppose, until The Miz gets out of the Intercontinental championship picture, and places someone else, maybe Zack Ryder or Alex Riley.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I care about Crayo's opinion.

Zach

Emma Watson ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
I care about Crayo's opinion.

So do I, was just upset he didn't like my idea. :sad:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Farooq The GOAT of WWEForums said:
Feud with The Miz. The Miz brags about how he is a great champion, and no one can beat him then Ambrose comes out. Ambrose beats up the Miz then takes the Intercontinental championship with him as he leaves. The Miz says that Ambrose is a nobody, and he can only steal championships and stuff like that. Then Ambrose comes out, and Miz trys to ambush him. Ambrose start fighting until security comes out and separates them. AJ comes out and says that next week Miz will fight Ambrose for the Intercontinental championship. The next week Miz wins though, and as he celebrates Ambrose beats him up after the match until he can't stand up. The week after that Ambrose cuts a promo on how saying he will destroy the Miz and take the championship away from him. The Miz comes out angrily with a lead pipe and ambushes Ambrose. He says he accepts Ambrose's challenge and at the next Pay-Per-View Ambrose fights The Miz, and wins. Then they continue the feud for about one or two more Pay-Per-Views I suppose, until The Miz gets out of the Intercontinental championship picture, and places someone else, maybe Zack Ryder or Alex Riley.

Face Ambrose can go away and bury himself alive. The guy will be one of the greatest heels in modern WWE, he can't feud with a heat magnet like Miz atm.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Cesaro needs to either turn face (unlikely) or drop the title to a over face like Ryder or Riley, same can be said to Miz if we want to debut Ambrose feuding for one of those titles.

Farooq

Reaction score
:facepalm: I made Ambrose the heel of that feud.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
:facepalm: I made Ambrose the heel of that feud.

In this point of time, a random face turn for Miz just wouldn't work. It's fun to boo Miz, he's one of the biggest heat magnets, a random no name rookie won't help turn Miz face imo.

Farooq

Reaction score
He seems to be getting lots of cheers too, it would just make Miz look like the underdog since all of a sudden this psycho comes out of no where and beats the shit out of him and takes his championship.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Exactly. Something needs to be established that helps Miz turns face down the road for that to work.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
He seems to be getting lots of cheers too, it would just make Miz look like the underdog since all of a sudden this psycho comes out of no where and beats the s*** out of him and takes his championship.

How does a former WWE/US and current IC champion look like an underdog against a rookie no one knows? I don't personally think it will work. I think down the line when Miz has the slow-burn face turn that it will be perfect, but to debut against Miz is just risky.

Farooq

Reaction score
Because he'll be coming by and kicking his ass and Miz would have a hard time fighting back :finger: :okay: