Is SmackDown! lacking Mid Card Talent?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

I was thinking about the SD! roster, it's borderline, either you are really good, or you flat out suck, but the only guys that are mid carding are Palumbo, Noble, and MVP. It's pretty pathetic when you think about it. And please, don't anyone mention Kenny Dykstra...

Does anyone else think the SD! roster is getting weaker as time goes on?

Enigma22

Reaction score
ya and i dont think anyone cares about noble and palumbo at this time lol so ya id say ur right... kane is mid card right now too tho and finly... i could probably think of a few more if i felt like it...

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

im predicting that after wm their midcard talent will be topped off from developmental stocks. guys like chris harris and truth will probably ne going there as well

J

I understand exactly what Xba is going for, I think its all becuase of the drop of the Cruiserweight title, people who would have been good competers like Rey Mysterio, Jimmy Wang Yang, Shannon Moore, ext...are being pushed eather to the top or bottom of the ranks...So as for the problem the only thing i see as being able to revive Smackdowns mid card is to bring back the Cruiserweight title...

Switchy

Reaction score
Well there is Matt Hardy but he's out injured and I wouldn't eactly count Kane and Finlay as Midcarders because they are on every show except SD! lol. The ECW talent share is basically there to give SD! a few bit-part midcarders but there are no solidified places for them and SD! doesn't have no "real" midcarders really so I guess you're right.

strij

Reaction score
I don't agree completely. Midcard is not as bad as the ME scene. At this point SD! has exactly 3 main-eventers - Edge, Taker and Batista.
At least it's not as bad as the summer, when Edge, Taker and Mysterio were injured, and Khali was champ. I think Kane would've been a much better champ than Khali but this is other issue...

Michael1

Reaction score
Well, really you can add Kane there as well. Other then that, it's VERY thin, especially compared to Raws mid-card. Mr. McMahon/Creative Staff should do something about this, maybe move someone over to Smackdown!. I wouldn't mind Umaga and Chris Jericho going to Smackdown!. But still, very thin. Something must be done, for Smackdown's! sake.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
There's so many people on Raw that aren't being used at all and would be pretty good on SD, not just the midcard scene. Carlito, Santino, London and Kendrick, Cody Rhodes, Super Crazy and even DH Smith would be good contenders for the US Title, because their usefulness on Raw is just sad to see.

xtremebadass

I don't know if Kane counts, he is hardly on, if he is on he is on ECW, plus Finlay is more on Raw doing some gay ass storyline, so he isn't even on SD. I wouldn't count Mark Henry either, because it's at the top or bottom, and he is seriously bottom. I for one love the Noble Palumbo storyline, it's a classic storyline that hasn't been done in awhile, plus they are two guys that you know, it's not like these rookies, both of them, believe it or not, have been around the block.

Other than that, I don't know how SD fills up 2 hours TBH

619ENRIQUE

Reaction score
i would count Kenny Dykstra as a midcarder
he is a "future hall of famer" and had a semi feud with Chuck Pulambo

he is out with a foot injury and will be back soon

T2V

Reaction score
Smackdown doesn't need any more, they're just all in feuds.

Adampro123

Reaction score
A Big Problem in wrestling fans is just because something isn't familure then they aren't going to like it like the noble/palumbo feud. which i think is very very good. so its kinda hard for smackdown to have legit mid carders.

But since smackdown and ECW are basicaly the same they can have guys like elijah burke and shelton benjamin and basically anyone from ECW to come over and be a mid carder if need be.

Now my only problem with the smackdown roster currently is how WWE loaded off most of there big guys on smackdonw. guys like Big daddy V, Great Kahli and Mark henry.

Montana

Yea, i think you are forgetting a few guys.

MVP
Hardy
Finlay
Khali
Kane
Pulumbo
Noble
Mysterio
big show
Jimmy Wang

Its really not that bad, plus they use ECW guys too, to fill in the gaps.

Johnny Demon

Reaction score
Yea, i think you are forgetting a few guys.

MVP
Hardy
Finlay
Khali
Kane
Pulumbo
Noble
Mysterio
big show
Jimmy Wang Yang

Its really not that bad, plus they use ECW guys too, to fill in the gaps.

Fixed......lol

Grummy

Reaction score
I agree that the SD roster is weakening, but for me, its the Main event spots whihch are weakest. There are only really 4 legits for Main event spot. Id say more, but a lot of wrestlers that deserve a push haven't had it, so rather than be given decent midcard battles, they languish not doing very much.

Mid card is also weak because it has no decent runners from lower card to come up and make a stand, but it stronger because it has stars who could well hold their own as Main eventers playing around for the US title.

SD is a very mixed up brand in my view.