Is Ryback.....?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I thought someone new coming up from NXT was the best choice as well for the new Paul Heyman guy. Would have been the ideal way to bring someone new in. Plus, I thought this bullying thing was fun to watch and could allow Ryback to sort of stand on his own for awhile, especially with the new attire like the black vest and stuff.

As I did with Curtis Axel though, I'll remain optimistic. Ryback has always been more entertaining to me than McGilliculty /Axel was anyway. Would rather see Ryback hit a bunch of power moves in the ring than watch what Curtis has to offer. Plus, his Bullying gimmick was/is more entertaining than Axel's "I'm Mr. Perfect's son" gimmick.

Pickle Dick

Jobber
Reaction score
Tbh, his theme music was awesome (until they kept fucking with it -.-) but he is pretty boring to me.
Even that thing he does with his hands across his chest and yells "Boom" is lame. A few times he came close to hitting Paulrus Heyman in the kisser

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Reactions: RoyalRaven

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
And its bad that he will lose to Cena?

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
No, but he won't be much in the top while Cena is a part of WWE. Anyways, his wrestling won't improve just because he's with Heyman. He'll be the guy who ends a match with a clothesline and his shell shock. They may push him again, but it'll be the same boring shit he's always been. And that's MY OPINION!

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Two things:

1) I can't get behind the idea that some of you have that Axel is a bust. He gets a good fan reaction (yes, I know that part of that's reaction to Heyman, but that's what a manager's for) and his mic skills have gotten better since the "Beginning of the Genesis of the Beginning of Joe Henn.....er, Mike McGillicutty" promo. Besides, his promos always follow Heyman's, which hurts most people on the mic. Axel is also a very good in-ring performer. Some of you guys still saddle him because you didn't like his first WWE incarnation. He's got a lot of talent and has the capacity to have a big career in the WWE.

2) Some of you seem to be of the opinion that it would have been more realistic that a rookie fresh out of Florida would have a better chance of beating a four-time former World Champion than a guy who's wrestled four (unless I'm miscounting) main event matches for the WWE Championship (and it was strongly suggested that, without the interference of Brad Maddox and the Shield, that he would have beaten CM Punk for the WWE Championship). This is an opinion I can tolerate, but with which I very much disagree. While anybody could have shocked CM Punk with his appearance and put him through the table to set up Heyman/Axel beating Punk at NoC, what would such a rookie's chances be of really holding his own against one of the top guys in the company in a longer-term feud. This gives WWE a chance to do two things: 1) give Ryback a rub by having one or two high-quality PPV matches against their current No. 2 face, and, 2) give Punk a chance to further prove how good he really is by working strong matches and helping make Ryback look like a powerhouse (even though he'll doubtless lose at least one of those PPV matches to Punk), which furthers the idea that Punk is a scrappy, never-quit, never-say-die babyface. Like him or not, Ryback is seen by most "casuals" as being a powerful force in WWE and having two good PPV matches against Punk makes both men look strong. Oh, and by the way, this also gives Heyman more chances to lord his "superiority" over Punk and gives Punk more chances to cut promos against Heyman, which seems to bring out the best in him (which is saying something).

wk

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
the fact is that he'll always lose to Cena!

Trying to wrap my head around the logic that says anybody will "always" lose to anybody else in pro wrestling, especially since one of them's a main event guy for the last ten years who's most likely starting the downhill slide of his career (that would be Cena) and the other's a guy who is well-liked by management and is an up-and-coming main event guy (and that would be Ryback).

I have a feeling that, at some point, there's a Cena-Ryback match that Ryback wins. Just kinda makes sense.

wk

victor kwon

Jobber
Reaction score
Honestly this aggravated me for two reasons:

1. We get even MORE of this long-ass feud between Punk and Heyman.

2. Ryback's involvement was not only nonsensical, I can't help but ask "why Ryback? Why not ANYONE else?"

I thought it would've been a great opportunity for maybe The Wyatts to feud with CM Punk. CM Punk beating up Paul Heyman at their match at NOC, ending the feud, and after the match, the lights go out and the Wyatts appear in the ring and beat on Punk. Who wouldn't want to see that?

If WWE wanted someone to come to Heyman's rescue, why pick someone who's already had a feud with Punk in the past?

I hope that in the next week or two, Curtis Axel ditches Heyman as a face turn. Axel just isn't getting over as Heyman's client.

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
Trying to wrap my head around the logic that says anybody will "always" lose to anybody else in pro wrestling, especially since one of them's a main event guy for the last ten years who's most likely starting the downhill slide of his career (that would be Cena) and the other's a guy who is well-liked by management and is an up-and-coming main event guy (and that would be Ryback).

I have a feeling that, at some point, there's a Cena-Ryback match that Ryback wins. Just kinda makes sense.

wk
Kinda agree with the downhill part of Cena's career. I know there'll be more Cena/Ryback matches, but ryback may win by DQ or with help. Yeah, it's a win, but just in my opinion, he won't win Cena clean.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Yes, that was the case implied. Ryback is the new Paul Heyman Guy.

Now, as much as I shit on the thought last night, let's back up here. It wasn't that long ago that It was revealed that Heyman and Punk were in cahoots with the Shield and interfered with Ryback's chance the WWE championship. So, initially, this would not make sense. However, from what it seems to me, Ryback is easily manipulated. Let's look at what made Ryback heel: Cena unintentionally not treating their friendship the same way Ryback had. Lol, that seems like such an idiotic thing to abandon all moral inhibitions and turn completely heel over, at least to me anyway. Cena and Ryback weren't even shown as "the best of friends". I'm sure if things were painted a certain way for Ryback, he'd believe it. As we all know Heyman is the best conniving liar in the business, so I'm pretty sure Ryback will play the role as the big, "dumb" monster heel that comes to Heyman's rescue for awhile. It might not have been the best choice nor what everyone would have preferred but God knows Ryback needs as much help as possible currently (if his character isn't completely ruined by now).
Yea but bottom line is Ryback just needs to fuck off.