Is Russo to blame for TNA's Downfalls?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
^^ Fuck you. It just seems that you are side stepping my arguments by skewing and twisting my words. It's about me responding to you. I told you why everything in WWE is better than what you are calling the best whatnot.

I didn't say; " blah blah your a liar"... I told you TNA isn't what you called it because blah blah blah. It is your opinion. But to tell people it's the best whatnot, that is a lie. Where is your evidence to substantiate that bullshit claim?The massive ratings? The high grossing PPV numbers? The massive public appearances that TNA stars make?? The household names of TNA?? Everyone is just clamoring to watch TNA, the "best two hours you will ever see", fuck off.

Me calling you out is relevant to the topic because it's about the booking that makes the E better than your little fuckbox promotion that stinks to high hell that was originally being questioned. I'm not gonna call you a liar, but I showed you have no truth to substantiate your bullshit claim, most everyone already lived through the best era of two hour wrestling programs, that was the attitude era and the monday night wars, not some two bit, circle booked promotion that everyone thinks is Titties and Ass when they here it's name.

I am done with this, just don't think I'm calling you a liar when you've only put your opinion into this, not any factual truth, you're calling yourself one. I'm just calling you wrong. Next time don't try a rebuttal, let alone two rebuttals, by twisting words and selective attention and thinking your opinion is gospel and fact. And don't insult me either, because your cute little graphic doesn't change the fact your a misinformed, wrongly opinionated fanboy. The booking of your company sucks. The overall product sucks. You can call it trendy hate all you want, but the majority of wrestling fans feel the same way I do and the proof is there. I'll shut up now.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Nothing goes from being the absolute worst wrestling program to what your lying about in a few weeks, especially if what's making sense is something that has already been done before.

So saying I am specifically lying about something, is not calling me a liar? Well I suppose I'm just an intermittent liar then, yes?

So if you say I'm lying about something, but then turn around and say you never called me a liar, THAT in itself, if a horrendous, dubious, obvious and pathetic lie. So I believe it is you who are lying.

Due to the fact that Regal and Christian got all of 30 seconds on SUMMERSLAM, the second biggest show of the year for WWE, and yet you say that feud has been booked masterfully? That's a lie, and you're a liar for saying it.

Due to the fact that you try to claim that Goldust still has ANY noteriety left to pass onto Sheamus by putting him over, rather than admitting the UNDENIABLE TRUTH. Which is the fact that Goldust is a jobber who used to be something, but now means nothing. Shows that you are lying about the effects that this feud will have for gaining Sheamus heat. Which once again makes that a lie, and you a liar for trying to pass it off.

TNA has the best high flyers, the best womens wrestlers, a great mix of veteran wrestlers WILLING to put over the even better mix of extremely talented young stars. Who will be the future of our business within the next 2-3 years. Everything has been booked to perfection for the past 2 months and with Jeff Jarrett gone, which is the TOPIC of this argument, things are only to get better and better for this company that you blindly hate so much. Spreading lies back and forth without even willing to view the product in an objective light, you're a pathetic WWE Mark who just wants to watch WWE programming every single night, and absolutely HATES the idea of healthy competition. Because WWE is the only thing you ever want to experience, and you can't stand real wrestling. Because you sir, are NOT a real wrestling fan. You're the liar, not I.

Once again, I bid you good day. I can't wait to hear your next rebuttal after you've already stated that "now you'll shut up". Just to prove once again how much more of a liar you are than me.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

We can all agree that each promotion has their own perceived strengths and weaknesses. WWE changes things on a whim too much while TNA steadfastly sticks to their plans no matter what's going on (Kurt Angle anyone?) I'm not saying this is a good or bad thing for either company because the ability to adapt is a necessity not only in wrestling but in business in general. But it's also a good idea to have a plan in place so your shows don't end up like clusterfucks like Nitro. The problem with TNA is I don't think they make backup plans in case someone gets injured or quits or gets fired unexpectedly.

chessarmy

People like Enzo are the reason why I barely post here anymore. No matter what, its always "TNA sucks, you're a mark, TNA will be gone in 3 years"

Two Scoops, I have to say, you did a great job defending TNA and it's fans and I thank you for doing that. As for everything else, you can love TNA or you can hate TNA, but if you're going to hate it make sure you have credible reasons for it, instead of just trying to fit in with the crowd.

The Rated R CMStar

but if you're going to hate it make sure you have credible reasons for it, instead of just trying to fit in with the crowd.

The problem is, the whole debate didn't come off from Enzo hating TNA or Two Scoops liking it. It's from Two Scoops trying to give as a FACT and GUARANTEE that TNA will give you the best 2 hours in sports entertainment. I won't share that opinion, but as long as it's your opinion, well, that's just it.

But when you try to pass it as a fact, you have to back it up with something more than "well, our whole product is damn sure better than a non PPV time angle that takes 6 minutes on one of your shows". You have to back it up with numbers, statistics, ratings, etc..., and that is simply impossible because TNA is trailing big time.

TNA gives you the best show? If you answer yes, keep it as an opinion (really, the same goes for Smackdown, ECW, Raw), but when you try to give it as a fact, then you are just failing.

Airfixx

WWE Smackdown consistently rapes TNA Impact. I'm talkin' rape. Like fucked in the fucking ass. Big black man on scrawny white woman kind of shit. It ain't pretty.

LOL

....Two Scoops needs to look up the meaning of the words "ever" and "guaranteed".

And, Val & 'Dust were NOT jobbers. I can't think of too many jobbers that get IC, Europen, Hardcore & tag title reigns durign their runs. :roll:

People like Enzo are the reason why I barely post here anymore. No matter what, its always "TNA sucks, you're a mark, TNA will be gone in 3 years"

Two Scoops, I have to say, you did a great job defending TNA and it's fans and I thank you for doing that. As for everything else, you can love TNA or you can hate TNA, but if you're going to hate it make sure you have credible reasons for it, instead of just trying to fit in with the crowd.

:roll2:

LOL, Chess... Some of us still remember you turning your back on TNA altogether (some time during the last 12 months), shitting all over the product and adopting a distinct WWE fanboy stance... NOW you're concerned with defending the company, and more laughably, it's FANS?

Incidentally, what happened to that particular incarnation of Chessarmy?

...That was my favourite!

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Val and Dust were jobbers. During the last part of Vals career and Goldust nowadays and for the past 3 years as well. I already stated the opinion that I love those guys and nobody denies that they WERE successful, ten years ago. In modern times, they are jobbers.

So Goldust feuding with Sheamus is not better booking than "EHEM" AJ Styles winning the world title last night. I really don't see why you people can't get that concept. At all.

Airfixx

:cough-cough:

two scoops said:
Goldy and Val, as much as I love those guys *Goldust sig anyone?* are/were jobbers

Backtracking-based fail!

Dust is BOOKED as a veteran - What's so hard to grasp about THAT concept?

Btw, selectively comparing two individual booking decisions goes nowhere towards to proving your point.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
1) Enzo Malenko was the one who brought up Sheamus Vs. Goldust being better booking than TNA. Are you kidding me man? I respect you alot as a poster, because you can back up your shit. But seriously man, quit twisting my argument.

2) I didn't know veterans were jobbed out, I guess I haven't been watching enough WWE goodness right?

3) Are/Were, as I said above, is within the past 3-5 years. And I just said, nobody denies they were good......10 YEARS ago. Still trying to cling to popularity garnered 10 years ago and saying they still have heat is ridiculous. So please stop clinging to those empty straws.

Airfixx

1. To these eyes you were both citing said example as a conclusive 'point maker', but if I have somehow misconsrued your comments then fine, my bad...

2. How about HBK jobbing for Legacy? He's used as talent enhancement (amongst other things). 'Dust in ECW is a lower 'tiered' equivalent and all the while the commentators play on his history.

3. The Golddust chants on ECW, received irrespective of who his opponent is that night, provide suitable evidence that whilst he may not have the same degree of heat that he did in the late 90's he's still making the fans 'care'.

I'll leave this be now as we're slipping further away from the original TNA-related topic (And dispte the perception of some, I didn't come into the TNA section just to shit all over them from a pro-WWE standpoint.).

Kizza

I can't blame Russo. He had very little control previous to the Jarrett/Angle shit. Dutch was also writing, and so was Jeff. All the stuff went through Jeff and he approved of it, so yeah. I'd put the blame more on Dutch and JJ moreso than Russo.

But there has definately been a bit of a pickup in the amount of younger guys being pushed since Jarrett left. The focus has seemed to move away from the older guys back onto the younger guys. This AJ/Sting match with Sting more than likely bowing out of TNA is the best way to go. Hernandez is getting a push, so is Morgan, and bringing in women like Hamada, Sarah Stock, and making Melissa and actual wrester has helped raised the wrestling profile of the knockouts.

The X Division is starting to pick up a bit again. I'd love to see another World X Cup, just to freshen it up a bit and take away from the usual suspects such as Joe, Daniels etc. Hell, they could always try to make amends again with ROH and bring in guys like Delirious, Generico, Davey, Titus and such to wrestle a few X Div matches, just to bring a bit of refreshment to the division.

The tag divison is probably one of the weaskest parts on TNA right now. Team 3D really need to move aside and let the Guns take their spot. They have been unimpressive in the ring for about 2 years + now. British Invasion, MCMG, Beer Money, Booker/Steiner and a few other teams can always be helpful. The British Invasion push has also been something new. Not always do you see two foreign guys actually being pushed as tag champions in a Northern American company.

So, to say that TNA is better than all 4 WWE shows is idiotic. Smackdown is easily the best show on television. I would put iMPACT above RAW on quality, but that's about it. TNA also need to work alot on their PPV's. Many of their main events end in some kind of horrible twist (Angle/Joe KOTM) or a run in to lead to a dirty finish. Imo, Main events should always be, in the instance of a 1 on 1 match, go to the end with a clean finish or a well done interference, not just some guy running in a beating a guy down without any real meaning.

pocket

Reaction score
can't blame him for everything, because Dixie is as clueless as the rest and Jarrett had some stupid ideas too but when you see a segment backstage where a tag team, exec shareholder and head interviewer are all smoking pot then you have to think Vince Russo was behind this... its too Attitude Era for it not to be him