Is leaving Sasha Banks off of WWE TV a bad decision?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
If she's dealing with injuries like it's being speculated, then yeah.

You alluded to the fact that Sasha returning would make the Women's Division worse off than it already is.

Ignore him. He's a silly little troll.

CycLoNe_

Jobber
Reaction score
WWE is obviously struggling to deal with the sudden influx of capable women performers on the roster who can actually engage in some sort of prolonged engrossing feuds. Now it's understandable that they wouldn't book multiple women PPV feuds but that shouldn't deter from building up programs other than the title programs. What they can actually do is to build up matches taking place in the high card of RAW/Smackdown. Book them in the penultimate segment in a match which actually has been built up to command some semblance of importance. I'd much rather have 4 segments building up to the eventual match even if it's on a weekly show than having the same match wasted in 2 mins. matches for 4 weeks. The atrocity of a feud that was Ziggler-Owens earlier this year which was basically built up on only having thousands of meaningless matches just highlighted the importance of actually building up matches than spamming them at every opportunity.

Last edited:

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
These kind of angles have a small opportunity window to be executed right. So it's can be a good thing, but if they don't execute it at just the right time, it will backfire.

Keeping Sasha Banks off TV, and allowing Charlotte to run down all the major face competitors for the title, when it comes to the point where she's essentially injuring the faces. Even heel turned face can't stop Charlotte, and if they keep Sasha Banks off TV or to a minimal amount of TV time, the crowd will get behind her. When she makes her break through into the title scene, it would be amazing. It could be great for Sasha's run.

But if they keep her to a midcard role for a long time, and not really giving her the spot and time to get the crowd behind her. Much like Mankind/Mick Foley in 2000. They wanted him to get this hero's welcome despite being gone for 3 weeks, after a title shot. It was horribly booked. If she was given the Daniel Bryan type push for the title, it would be good.

Krendall

The Showoff
Reaction score
Much like Mankind/Mick Foley in 2000. They wanted him to get this hero's welcome despite being gone for 3 weeks, after a title shot.
Blame Chris Jericho for not "clicking" fast enough. Foley was the backup choice for that match.

Reaction score
Since Sasha now has a head injury (I'm assuming a concussion), the WWE will likely be careful with her. Therefore, she's going to miss more TV. This could potentially be terrible news for her and for the WWE's Women's Division plans at SummerSlam.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Since Sasha now has a head injury (I'm assuming a concussion), the WWE will likely be careful with her. Therefore, she's going to miss more TV. This could potentially be terrible news for her and for the WWE's Women's Division plans at SummerSlam.

There are other people besides Sasha that can be used for storylines. It's not the end of the world for the division.

Reaction score
There are other people besides Sasha that can be used for storylines. It's not the end of the world for the division.
Yeah, but she's the one who is penciled in to win the title at SummerSlam. For her to get injured right now is awful timing.

Reaction score
Sucks for her, but SS isn't until August (?) anyway.
Yeah, it's in August, but I'm assuming the WWE is going to be very careful with her. Concussions are nothing to fuck with. She could lose some more TV time at a time where it's very important.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Yeah, it's in August, but I'm assuming the WWE is going to be very careful with her. Concussions are nothing to fuck with. She could lose some more TV time at a time where it's very important.
Not to mention her bad neck and back and knees.