Is Jericho on the Way Out...Again?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
WWE's website has a new storyline article up looking at how Chris Jericho has failed to win gold since returning in January and how this effects World Heavyweight Title match at Over the Limit as he goes against champion Sheamus, Randy Orton and Alberto Del Rio.

They are strongly teasing that Over the Limit may be it for Jericho this time around. Here's some of what they wrote:

"Further, if Jericho fails to come away with the gold, will Over the Limit be the last time the WWE Universe ever sees the “Ayatollah of Rock n’ Rollla†in the ring? Or can Jericho save his career with a huge win against three formidable opponents?

If this is to be his final stand, the smart money would be to bet on Jericho walking out of PNC Arena in Raleigh, N.C., with the title in hand. Jericho is a survivor, and like a cornered lion, he’ll be at his most dangerous with his back to the wall. Jericho will do anything — anything — to emerge from Over the Limit with the World Heavyweight Championship secured around his waist.

But even if he does overcome the other three competitors in the Fatal 4-Way, there’s already plenty of speculation that the WWE Universe won’t see much of Jericho in the coming months. His heavy metal band Fozzy is set to release a new studio album this summer, and tour dates have been planned.

That said, will his match at WWE Over the Limit be his lingering legacy? And if Y2J does decide to walk off into the sunset, will he do so with the World Heavyweight Championship around his waist?"

I feel this section That said, will his match at WWE Over the Limit be his lingering legacy? And if Y2J does decide to walk off into the sunset, will he do so with the World Heavyweight Championship around his waist?" has some major implications. I think Jericho wins he stays. He loses he's gone for another 5-7 months. But taking the title could work get rid of it permantly and in the brand extension keep us ic and heavyweight or he could simply return with it after a time claiming he's the champ or a champ.

Thoughts.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Would be more inclined to think something of this had it made it's way on T.V and been apart of the storyline but since it's only a WWE.com thing I don't actually see anything happening.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
That would actually involve storylines on the past couple of RAWs though

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
It just sounds like a website article capitalizing on something that could be a story. I don't think Jericho has much of a chance unless WWE wants to show off how random these Fatal 4 Ways are but right now it looks like they want Sheamus to be the champion on SmackDown!.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I'd like to think Jericho will win just based on the fact that he really hasn't had any wins since he returned.

Aniking

Reaction score
I'd fail to see the logic in giving Jericho the title if Fozzy have tour dates coming up very soon. It wouldn't really do much for anybody giving Jericho a very short reign, only for Sheamus to probably take it back. WWE haven't done anything silly like that for a while now, so hopefully they don't do it now.

It's probably just an article adding a little extra edge to the title match by making the users of WWE.com really rethink that Sheamus and Randy Orton aren't the only guys in the match.

In saying that, where the fuck has Del Rio been? That's fantastic booking WWE, just fantastic.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Del Rio has been over to China to promote WWE's tour there, Rey Mysterio was supposed to do it but because he was suspended they had to use Del Rio. I think that is part of the reason it was made into a fatal four way since Del Rio wouldn't be there to build the storyline on RAW or Smackdown.

It wouldn't surprise me if Jericho heads off for a bit again before returning late this year or early next year to be there for the Road to WrestleMania again. Don't see the point in giving him the title, would be much better for the title if Sheamus retains it.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
You should look into things before ripping WWE booking Aniking. Not everything they do sucks you know. The fatal four way makes perfect sense from the start because now they don't have to rush Jericho-Orton and they reignite the feud that ended in 2010 which was small but Orton punted him off TV.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
If he walked away with the title, that would totally remind me of Punk. But honestly, it would be nice seeing some gold around Jericho's waist again.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
We noted yesterday that WWE's website had an article speculating that Chris Jericho would be leaving after Sunday's Over the Limit pay-per-view. Jericho responded to the author on Twitter:

"Hey Alex Giannini, heres an idea-shut your effen mouth and stop spreading BS rumours."

Don't think Jericho's liking the idea of people knowing his business.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Jericho just tweeted this a few minutes ago. Take it for what it's worth, pretty sure Jericho has never told the truth via Twitter, he loves trolling too much.

"Yes. 100% totally true RT @chicken_guy2 @IAmJericho Is it true that after #OverTheLimit your leaving @WWE"

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
He'll be around until Summer Slam I think

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Fozzy are booked at Download festival in 3 weeks, he's gone, trust me.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I think this is probably a work somehow, perhaps Jericho can do some kind of stuff like Punk, and bring out some truth of the company.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I gotta say though, it would be epic as fuck if he won the WHC and just left WWE with it :lmao

It would just totally be a Jericho-ish thing to do.

But like Ricky said, it's just a WWE.com thing, not really a "teaser".