Is it scripted?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Allabonkaja

Jobber
Reaction score
Im dutch, english sucks.
I love wrestling; but every time i watch it i think about if it is fake; scripted. Do any of you have evidence/proof or something that proofs its fake, real, scripted??
Thanks,
Allabonkaja

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Allabonkaja said:
BUT WHY ARE THE MATCHES FAKE :(
There is a difference between fake and scripted. The moves are real, they do hurt. You need to train for years to be able to be a wrestler. The only thing pre decided is the ending (who goes out on top). Between the start of the match and the end you see something that is completely improvised by the wrestlers involved (except major spots like putting someone through the announcing table). There is still a level of competition to the matches since the wrestlers have to try to get "over" with the crowd (make the fans cheer or boo them) and thus they must be better than the guy they are working with.

What you can enjoy from wrestling is not knowing what will happen and just sitting down to watch some of the most athletic people on the planet.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Allabonkaja said:
but if they are so good; why must it be scripted?

Because if it was legit fighting. We would not get the stories, the extravagant characters or larger than life personalities that we get from wrestling. We would get the UFC or boxing. Wrestling is not a sport in the traditional sense of the word, but sportsentertainment.

Allabonkaja

Jobber
Reaction score
and how was it back in the old days; before the attidute era?

And what does that cash means? and reputation?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Allabonkaja said:
and how was it back in the old days; before the attidute era?

Just the same as it is now. Up until around the 80's they worked under the illusion of being real fighting, mainly to draw crowds since they didn't think the crowds would accept them if they came out and told them it was SCRIPTED (not fake, scripted). Fans proved them wrong though.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Allabonkaja said:
but they have pain?

Yes. Wrestling hurts. Some moves are made to look like they hurt more than they do and wrestlers sell every strike to make them look more painful, but every move hurts in some way. In no way is dropping someone on their head not painful. People have broken bones in the ring and even died.

Allabonkaja

Jobber
Reaction score
so its like a movie; u no its 'fake', but the story is 'real' en u enjoy the movie?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Allabonkaja said:
so its like a movie; u no its 'fake', but the story is 'real' en u enjoy the movie?

Yes. You know it is a scripted event, but you enjoy it anyways for the entertainment value and to see how the story evolves and develops.

Reactions: Allabonkaja

Allabonkaja

Jobber
Reaction score
ok, thx everybody; and one question; can you explain me the forum; how it works; cash reuptation and stuff?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Allabonkaja said:
ok, thx everybody; and one question; can you explain me the forum; how it works; cash reuptation and stuff?
Sure.

Cash you get by posting in threads and discussions. It can be used to buy name changes and such when you have enough.

Rep is given by other users to you, either for being a person they like or for posting something they like. There is both positive and negative rep.

Reactions: Allabonkaja