Is it an excuse?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Truth

Reaction score
I've been listening to Marc Mero lately on t.v talking about steroids in the WWE and he says they all do it because there pressured to look a certain way on telivision. Now thats pretty true, we bash people like Murdoch who have a terrible physique saying they dont have a good look. But imo it is no excuse. I know its alot of traveling and stress on your bodies and I think the painkillers are fine, but steroids are not. They got gyms, work out like a real man, WWE needs to pick up there policy and laying down the rule so people dont do this. If they let Benoit slide if he tested positive on his drug test then they technically murdered 3 people.

Reaction score
It's a personal choice. There's never an "excuse", but I got no problem with roids. As long as you don't abuse the pain-killers and alcohol, and use the steroids properly, I personally think it's fine. They are wrestlers. If management wants a wrestler to add 20-30+ pounds to their upper body, how are they gonna do it? Of course there is pressure. But it's always a personal decision. As long as the user isn't a heavy drinker or into any other drugs, steroids are an easy alternative to what most wrestlers/bodybuilders believed they have earned the right to use. Hours spent in the weight-room can be meaningless if things like genetics and metabolism get in the way. Benoit and Guererro were pretty short guys. Around 5'10 or 11". You think they would be World Champions without their physique thanks to roids? Not a chance.

So in conclusion, steroids are an easy alternative for wrestlers to get their physique, but it's all based on personal choice, regardless of pressure. Just like some kids choose to smoke pot because of peer pressure and some choose not to, etc. Everybody's different. But most wrestlers who use roids are heavy weight-lifters. You don't get jacked using roids if you never pick up a dumbell. Most of these guys, like I said, believe they have earned the right to use steroids. Physical setbacks or lack of time due to travel could be some of the reasons these guys turn to roids. However, the main reason is because most wrestlers are obsessed with getting big, therefore they will do so by all means necessary. Bodybuilding is an obsession.

Reaction score
Steroids have done nothing but bad things for the WWE IMO. What Vince needs to do is get his head out of his ass and start pushing the smaller guys like MVP, Burke, CM Punk, Shelton Benjamin, and others, instead of pushing the Roid heads like Batista, Khali, Masters, Lashley, and many more. If he finds out a wrestler has been taking steroids he needs to suspend him for at least 6 monthes or better yet...fire him. If a wrestler takes Steroids and causes the Benoit Tragidy again Im afraid WWE will be in very very big trouble and thats not what they want...unfortunately Vince is in love with the damn muscle heads even IF they take Steroids or not

monkeystyle

Reaction score
It's a personal choice. There's never an "excuse", but I got no problem with roids. As long as you don't abuse the pain-killers and alcohol, and use the steroids properly, I personally think it's fine. They are wrestlers. If management wants a wrestler to add 20-30+ pounds to their upper body, how are they gonna do it? Of course there is pressure. But it's always a personal decision. As long as the user isn't a heavy drinker or into any other drugs, steroids are an easy alternative to what most wrestlers/bodybuilders believed they have earned the right to use. Hours spent in the weight-room can be meaningless if things like genetics and metabolism get in the way. Benoit and Guererro were pretty short guys. Around 5'10 or 11". You think they would be World Champions without their physique thanks to roids? Not a chance.

So in conclusion, steroids are an easy alternative for wrestlers to get their physique, but it's all based on personal choice, regardless of pressure. Just like some kids choose to smoke pot because of peer pressure and some choose not to, etc. Everybody's different. But most wrestlers who use roids are heavy weight-lifters. You don't get jacked using roids if you never pick up a dumbell. Most of these guys, like I said, believe they have earned the right to use steroids. Physical setbacks or lack of time due to travel could be some of the reasons these guys turn to roids. However, the main reason is because most wrestlers are obsessed with getting big, therefore they will do so by all means necessary. Bodybuilding is an obsession.

Very well put. I agree whole heartedly. I really wish that people would actually do some research on anabolic steroids before going off and saying "ZOMG!!! STEROIDS ARE BADDDD!!!!"