Is he ready?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

No. I'd rather see Jericho in the main event any day.

Thats True, the wwe doesnt like talent breaking the ceiling into main event. Even someone like Jericho can't seem to find his way back.

Myself personally i think MVP is ready for a PPV main event match. Maybe he won't win, but who knows. He's ready for that caliber competition. He probably should have won Money in the Bank, thus giving him a easy/cheap shot at a championship. I look at MVP like he's ready when the wwe needs him. 11 month reign as US champ was no fluke. The guy is very entertaining.

The problem with MVP now, its almost looks like he's turning face sorta, going against vickie. MVP can't turn back, he must move forward. I think the wwe may take him back a step, in which i hope not. Who wouldn't want to see Cena vs MVP. I think thats a big money matchup in the future. Not to mention HHH vs. MVP.

Reaction score
I think a change, a slight change of character and possibly a jump-ship to RAW (the two would be combined, one happening with the other) would push him to the high-midcard/ME scene. MVP getting cockier, with more attitude (like Kennedy was last year) and upping his game going against HBK would be a great thing for him.

He wouldn't win, nor would he need to. This however, would be enough to put him into the ME scene. Mix his fued with the WWE/WHC Title and I'd say you've got a solid competitor for it.

However Kaedon said it before, I'd prefer to see a long, slowly built up character, rather than a fast push. I personally hate the WWE for super-pushing guys to ME status, it just doesn't mix, imo. They need to spend some decent time on these guys, and only pick guys who have been about for 3+ years, who can really work a crowd.

Travis40

MVP has tremendous heat, but imo, he's not ready for the main event level. I wouldn't buy a PPV that had MVP vs. Undertaker as the Main Event. I think MVP will have to wait another year or so until he's gonna be in the main event. Hopefully, WWE doesn't push him right now and they don't turn him into Brock Lesnar :nonono:

MikeRaw

Ive noticed over the past two weeks, MVP has had a bit of a different character... He hasnt been as "vip" with the suits, champagne, intellectual talk, etc... Instead, he looked more pissed off. Still heel, but a little more pissed and "street" like. What if they gave him the gimmick of a gangster, like his real life past, and he had some guys accompany him around (not wrestlers, and not a stable)... But I could see this working, as he could be the heel gangster, and it would give new storyliens for his character, as well as a push. Whats anyone think on that>?
But I definately see a bit of a character change...

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
I would love to consider MVP the next Rock. MVP has huge heel heat over him and defiantly deserves a Main Event spot on Smackdown. He's pretty much over the USA title in my opinion and needs to step his game up to a Main Event spot. Chris Jericho seems to another person who deserves to Main Event Smackdown however, MVP is way over and ready for his spot. He's already pretty much proven to us that he has great character, and can stand in the Main Event stop, it's just a matter of time. If he does get his right push, we could see MVP/Undertaker WHC by next year... hell maybe even Edge/MVP. Wherever he goes, he still stands a huge chance in my opinion.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Thats True, the wwe doesnt like talent breaking the ceiling into main event. Even someone like Jericho can't seem to find his way back.

Im afraid I dont get what youre saying here. Why wouldnt they want guys to ascend to the ME? The Rock and Austin did like gangbusters.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

As much as i love MVP, he is not quite ready. IMO he needs one last big upper midard feud to cement his spot.

If I were WWE, I would start a feud with Big Show and MVP, just to build MVP up a little more. Have MVP win it, then set him up as a championship contender. Maybe have him feud with Punk, who then cashes in MITB, and have a three way feud between Edge, MVP and Punk.

I mean, it isn't an instant main event spot, but by around December he would be there.

Romo Is God

Reaction score
Saying MVP isn't over is downright horseshit. People who actually believe that need to get a hearing check up. He gets tons of heat, and up against the likes of Batista and other main eventers, he would get more.

MVP is fine, and ready. He's been ready since Mania was over. He'll likely be drafted to RAW though and work their mid-card a bit, but then you know what? He'll be jobbed out to the older faces, that's just how WWE works right now. I'm loving the teasing of MVP/Edge, but this shitty fanbase today wouldn't buy into it, so he needs to move over to RAW.

As much as i love MVP, he is not quite ready. IMO he needs one last big upper midard feud to cement his spot.

Kennedy....it's coming.

Evil Austin

I believe that MVP is a great wrestler picks up alot of heat whenever he is in a promo.. He can go far just not yet, like what above said he needs a good upper feud with people who are also just around upper status just under Main Event level ie like, Jericho / Punk / Show / Kennedy / Jeff Hardy, a win in a ppv over any of them would do wonders for him.. I see begining of 09 is the year of MVP

Romo Is God

Reaction score
I say the beginning of MVP will never begin. You guys are forgetting, once he does reach a higher status. He'll just be jobbed out to faces that have been around for years.

Like the Cena's, HHH's and Hardy's. Unless they want a new Edge. He's the only heel I can take seriously when it comes to winning matches.
'