Is Global Warming fake?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

Lots of friends and family members tell me they think Global Warming is fake. They argue that it is just a scam to get people to donate money to government owned charities, as well as an excuse to higher taxes for environmental issues. One of my buddies even told me that only 3% of the carbon in the air is caused by humans. He told me to look it up on the internet, apparently he found that piece of information from a reliable source.

What do you guys think? Is global warming fake? I'm in the middle on this, while I believe we should take care of the environment, I definitely don't think Manhattan will be under water in 12 years. If there is scientific evidence that global warming exists, there has to be some scientific evidence of it NOT existing.

Thoughts?

MikeRaw

I don't think it's fake.. I don't think it should matter either way though. Why does it have to be real in order for people to look after the environment better? Whether it's 'real' or not, people should look after the place we live in, because if it's not real now, continuing to shit over the planet will make it very real soon enough.
Oh, but for the record, despite what I just said, no, I don't believe Manhattan will be under water. Ever.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Global Warming is a theory. Probably does exist, but isn't as bad as it is made out to be. Humans release Carbon when they breathe so whether or not 3% of it is made by us I don't know. More than likely is true. We take in Oxygen, and release Carbon from our bodies.

Taking care of the enviorment is important, and yes we will be in catostrophic states if we don't do so, but all this slander regarding NYC being under water, and what not seems to be bullshit, but if it is as big a threat as made out to be...

Poor polar bears.

the dark knight

its true but what can we do about it? go back to oil lamps?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
The Earth has a fluctuating climate, regardless of the impact man has on the planet.

Now with that said, I do believe that chemicals and everything have influenced the rate at which planetary climate has been impacted. I do believe man is somewhat responsible for this current climate pattern but the idea that we can't fix it ourselves is completely bullshit.

Global warming is real, just not in the way these eco-freaks try to say it is. We're not going to have any kind of hell unleashed on the Earth in 3-years, especially considering we're holding back on a lot of the shit now compared to 10-15 years ago when we really had horrible pollution and greenhouse dumps. Also, we've had record cold in winters, which goes against the idea that we wouldn't have a winter for several years before we have major snow/ice storms.

Reaction score
I don't know it probably isn't. This is evidenced at our Wildlife Sanctuary where we've consistently noticed baby animals arriving abnormally earlier with each new spring season because of the strange climate changes. Regardless we should still take care of the Earth just on principle. I don't know about anybody else , but I enjoy living. Then again I've even heard people talkin that AIDS or HIV is a great conspiracy taylored by men in a lab rather than Mother Nature as a way to eliminate minorities, and homosexuals...my personal truth is that the powerful people will NEVER tell us the truth about issues such as this. Our ignorance is their bliss.

ratedrko09

Reaction score
i think its true and its effect can be seen in the changing weather patterns worldwide

J

Realize this is old and somebody randomly bumped it abut watch the Al Gore piece on Global Warming, don't laugh, its actually really good. I liked it and learned ALOT from watching it. And how do people think we can pump shit loads of Carbon Manocide (Way off on spelling) into the air and not have bad effect from it.

Klide

Realize this is old and somebody randomly bumped it abut watch the Al Gore piece on Global Warming, don't laugh, its actually really good. I liked it and learned ALOT from watching it. And how do people think we can pump shit loads of Carbon Manocide (Way off on spelling) into the air and not have bad effect from it.

Theres your answer

Reaction score
It's bullshit. I take climatologists with PhD's and 30 or 40 years of experience more seriously than I do Al freakin Gore and the smurfs in Hollywood that want America to pay for the trillions of dollars they want to spend to "heal" the damage done. It's a liberal agenda based on evidence that is disputable at best.

That said, we still do need to change the way we treat our natural resources and the environment in general. I care about having animals to hunt and being able to spend time in the wilderness without seeing another "shake and bake" instant housing development pop up where it doesn't belong.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Yeah man, we arent polluting shit, nevermind that acid rain, ozone action days (where people with respiratory problems pretty much can't breathe), and the melting of the polar ice caps have only started happening since we started heavy industrialization

Travis40

Why in the hell would you do that?

I'd only watch that shit for the lulz