Is Eric Young getting serious?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

After what we saw this past Thursday night on iMPACT! do you believe that Eric Young is getting a change of gimmick? He actually cut a serious promo and he looked pretty cool imo. his goofy gimmick got stale a long time ago, I think this is a refreshing change. The question is, will it last? Or is TNA just doing this temporarily until the "TNA War" ends? I'm hoping Eric gets treated seriously, he's a pretty good worker imo, he deserves a serious gimmick.

Thoughts?

gashface

Reaction score
I think it's time to push Eric Young, put him in the stable with Joe and AJ and have him kinda like Evolutions Randy Orton, I've always thought Eric was underated.

Rated R Stud

Reaction score
It's about time for EY, His Super Hero gimmick sucked, and he was always one of my favorites, and is very underrated, So it's good to see him involved in a big time feud.

-TJ-

I always thought Eric deserved more chances, but his stale paranoid gimmick stopped him from that. I hope after The Total Non Stop Civil War is over, Eric keeps the serious gimmick and can even hold the TNA Heavyweight championship.

Reaction score
I certainly don't see any reason to give EY the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, however I do like the idea of a serious gimmick for him. If he is going to be a member of this stable of "Young Guns", I think he will definately take his career to the next level, assuming that he is more than just a 'hey i'm here too Joe!' kinda character. If they allow EY to...say...run in and stop a MEM beatdown in turn allowing a Joe or AJ to obtain a title or something to that effect, I could see him rising to a relevant status in TNA, though I doubt he will get that nod seeing as Jay Lethal and Creed are both backing the TNA Young Guns or w/e they are going to be called.

More importantly, IMHO, is that the breaking up of this superhero gimmick will allow Chris Daniels to return as a face serious character and hopefully be the perfect fit to the puzzle that balances the young guys with the MEM.

Kizza

I always saw Eric Young as one of the better, younger talents that TNA failed to take advantage of. The stuff he did with Team Canada is pure awesomeness. I must say I enjoyed his storyline with Robert Roode, but beyond that, he has been nothing but a joke really.

It's great that he is finally getting a push as a serious competitor, and it paid off right away with him becoming X Division number 1 contender in one of his first "serious" matches.

One more question, is this the end of PJB?

seX-Power

After TP I think he is getting really serious. He just may win the title now.

And the PJB is no more!