Is ECW turning into the 'Heat' for Smackdown?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

kingovkings

Reaction score
If it wasn't 4 punk n burke and a cpl of others i wouldnt watch ECW there are the only reason i watch it, i agree with above post The original ECW wasn't all about the blood and extreme stuff it was about decent long quality matches altough i did like the tables chairs barbwire n blood, the wrestling was awsome back then it was all about the wrestling. Its just not the same now but saying that smacky n raw arnt the same now its just how it goes this day n age and although them times were great you gota move with the times and the E in WWE stand for entertainment which makes more money and turn over than the W for wrestling but im not complaing i love watching wwe regardless of the changes they make if i didnt i wouldnt watch it

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
I personally thing it is turning out to be the ''Heat'' for smackdown. It's kinda sad, really... first we expect an all ''ECW'' show will all ECW superstars, but it slowly turns into a training grould for the wwe.

CT Styles

I have to agree. It isn't the old ECW its just like Heat for Smackdown. They have some good possibilities for storylines but they just put people like Morrison & Punk on SD or give Morrison and Miz WWE Tag Titles so they HAVE to appear on SD which IMO is one of the main reasons ECW is now shit.

beserker300

Reaction score
ECW became the Heat of Smackdown a long time ago, well before the talent exchange stuff. They had to do house shows together because ECW couldn't draw enough. It always needed Smackdowns help.

And btw, CM Punk has been booked like crap. He couldn't beat Morrison in 3 consecutive ppvs and since hes been champion, hes been feuding with Miz, BDV and Henry and losing

CT Styles

The only thing that separates ECW from Heat is it having 1 title if they took away the ECW title it would be Heat end of story. If they bring back the ECW Tag Titles, ECW TV Title Hell, even the Hardcore title it would give the other talent something to do rather then wrestling randoms each week or having a two week feud because someone performed a roll-up pin on you. It might sound crazy but instead of bringing back ECW maybe it should of been WCW, It had titles and it could be like in the ninety's. WWE could merge some talent from SD to RAW and others could go to WCW. Because ECW is a special type of wrestler, a hardcore one even though in some ways that might not be true, but to most people who watch it it is but since WWE have tried to turn ECW into another SD or RAW people have been turning off because they were expecting every match to be extreme but its not, its just Heat! So if WCW came back instead it could be RAW vs WCW Nitro or maybe WCW Smackdown with more that just 1 title and that would be even better IMO.

Reinvented

Reaction score
The only thing that separates ECW from Heat is it having 1 title if they took away the ECW title it would be Heat end of story. If they bring back the ECW Tag Titles, ECW TV Title Hell, even the Hardcore title it would give the other talent something to do rather then wrestling randoms each week or having a two week feud because someone performed a roll-up pin on you. It might sound crazy but instead of bringing back ECW maybe it should of been WCW, It had titles and it could be like in the ninety's. WWE could merge some talent from SD to RAW and others could go to WCW. Because ECW is a special type of wrestler, a hardcore one even though in some ways that might not be true, but to most people who watch it it is but since WWE have tried to turn ECW into another SD or RAW people have been turning off because they were expecting every match to be extreme but its not, its just Heat! So if WCW came back instead it could be RAW vs WCW Nitro or maybe WCW Smackdown with more that just 1 title and that would be even better IMO.

If you mean "Extreme" as in 30 min wrestling then yes your right but if you mean blood, blood, blood then you didn't know the real ECW.

If the brought some old ECW and guys and introduced the T.V title then maybe this brand can be looked as an equal to RAW and SD!.

I'm saying send Super Crazy and get Tajiri and Nunzio and relive their triple threat match and have it for the ECW T.V Title. This one belt can help the brand giving everyone sumthing else to do then waiting for their chance for the belt.

SuckIt

Reaction score
Over here in the U.K (dunno about everywhere else) ECW is only on for an hour a week, just like Velocity and Heat were, whilst RAW and SD are on for 2hours, says it all really =(

beserker300

Reaction score
Thats because ECW is only an hour long........

CT Styles

^^ Yeah, ECW is only an hour long we arnt seeing more than you we're seeing the same amount whats your point?

Reaction score
The place so nice they named it twice...new york,
The only titles I see going to ECW is the Cruiserweight Championship renaming it the ECW Crusierweight title and basically drafting all of them to ECW (well all of them except Funaki the jobber, Gregory Helms, Rey Mysterio & Chavo). And I agree getting the orginials (or what's left of them) back on ECW could help. Let's not forget IMO WWE has the best developmental ground out there so guys like Colt Cabana, Matt Sydal & Ted DiBiase can help alot.

Program Note: WWE Draft 2008 after Wrestlemania...
Predictions:
No more talent exchange
Big Daddy V to Smackdown, Kelly Kelly to RAW and ECW gets the Big Red Machine himself Kane

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
Why does the ME constantly end in a DQ or Count-out? What happened to a clean win? This week, Chavo grabbed the Title belt, the referee DQed him, only to then be distracted, and be given a GTS by Punk? It would have ended well if not for the DQ. FUCK REFEREES!

CT Styles

I would like to see Mysterio go to ECW and have a feud over the ECW title if/when Chavo wins it. I would also like to see Matt Hardy go over there aswell. Seriously ECW need to bring back the TV title and tag titles though.

hbkfan!

Reaction score
ECW was allright in 2006 and 07 but now it sucks.

Airfixx

Worth noting that if you watch 'Rise & Fall Of ECW' you'll hear a number of stars saying that by late 99/2000 the OLD ECW was all but a developmental co. for WWF.

...Agreed, they could do with qualifying the 'Extreme' in their name though.

...And get Morrison outta tag action.... I wanna see him face HBK!