Is ECW turning into the 'Heat' for Smackdown?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CT Styles

I seriously think ECW has been such a waste and think that it has become the new Velocity or Heat for Smackdown. I really wish it could be like so many BTB's where McMahon sells ECW to Heyman lol. What do you think?

Evil Austin

i agree that the fact it is just mocking ecw with no original ecw matches. just rename it velocity or heat.

The Rated R CMStar

I don't despise the new ECW, and in fact there was some time it was watchable, back when Big Show was champion and both Sabu and RVD when chasing the gold. Then Lashley won the gold and it took a step down, with finally stepping into the grave with Lashley practically being on Raw and the New Breed vs Originals storyline, that was practically all ECW.

By then CM Punk entered and in my opinion he saved ECW. There was a point that the ECW Champion Lashley was not even appearing on ECW, just on Raw, but Punk save it with his feud with Elijah Burke.Then once again it became one-feuded by being for 2 months Punk vs Morrison.

I have liked the lately ECW programming. I always liked Yang, and on SD he didn't had lots of chances, but on ECW, he has even gone from jobbing to a Tag team Title Match. Mark Henry and Kane go from jobbers on Friday Nights to Main Eventers on ECW, so it's not that bad. Could be better, for example if WWE had kept the ECW Extremes Rules match on Every Title Match, and RVD and Sabu never left.

CT Styles

I know but there is like no originals now, hopefully in a year or so it will evolve into a new old ECW if that makes any sense

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
But if it were to be renamed Velocity then not many people would tune in. I agree that it is sort of mocking the original ECW with no extreme rules matches but it should stay named ECW because then more people will know what they are watching, I mean if you change the name thewn when the normal watchers tune in to watch ECW and a show called Velocity comes on they would probably change the channel straight away.

Anyway I don't think it has turned into a het for Smackdown because if it had, WWE would have pushed the CW network to sign the show. Although it has pretty much turned into an internet show. But unlike on heat, they have big stars on ECW not pretty unimportant stars likeSupercrazy

The Rated R CMStar

Exactly, ECW might not have the brightest roster of his own, but you get the eventual Batista appearance, your midcard SD superstars being given the ball and main eventing ECW, and jobbers from SD midcarding ECW. It gives wrestlers more a chance to show themselves.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
But unlike on heat, they have big stars on ECW not pretty unimportant stars likeSupercrazy
Don't EVER call a superstar "unimportant." The writers and bookers make the champions; the champions themselves have very little to do with it. The only reason Super Crazy isn't popular and wearing a championship right now is because he wasn't put in a creative storyline and booked to do so.

The Rated R CMStar

Don't EVER call a superstar "unimportant." The writers and bookers make the champions; the champions themselves have very little to do with it. The only reason Super Crazy isn't popular and wearing a championship right now is because he wasn't put in a creative storyline and booked to do so.

Yeah, and there is a reason why, they just aren't good enough to get a storyline, do you think that high spot botching Super Crazy could be given a storyline agaisnt let's say Umaga? No, and not because the fact Umaga is a upper midcarder and Super Crazy a jobber, but just because Crazy isn't good enough for it

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
I didn't mean it like that I meant that how many people actually watch Heat or Raw for supercrazy. Also he is mainly used for jobbing purposes. See if he went to ECW then he would become inportant in the weekly show

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Meh. I'm just sick of people acting like the current champions are actually better than the non-champions because the champions beat them. They were BOOKED to do so, idiot! It's all kayfabe! *cough* Oh well, back on topic.

Edit: I should point out that the 'idiot' comment wasn't directed at anyone in particular and was just me talking to myself. :p

Reinvented

Reaction score
I'm a true "ECW" fan.

This is to the guy that made the thread and to the other so called ECW fan.

Real ECW fans know that it wasn't the flaming tables or the blood that made it famous it was the wrestling for 30mins not the trashcans or the chairs. The people that just recall the blood and barbwire are not real ECW fans.

I hate this ECW but I have to admit CM Punk is the only reason I watch this guy is what the old ECW was about besides him watching SD! Trash doesn't call my attention. ECW really doesn't push anyone they all become hyped mid carders and then get destroyed on SD! or RAW.

vickymania

Reaction score
plz..dont change ECW to something that its not supposed to be..extreme rules matches need to be made..WWE needs to draft good wrestler's in the ECW roster and they should have atleast 2 matches in a PPV..ECW was real good when it came back with Big Show,RVD,Sabu and when Show was challenging guys from RAW and SD for the title shot..i really was watching ECW( enjoyed the show most when DX made their entrance and when Kane challenged for the title )..now i dont cause the interest is lost..CM Punk is a babyface..Morrison and Miz r not fighting solo these days and Shelton and Burke need to do some serious extreme stuff..

tnafan454

Reaction score
what really dropped ECW down a bit was the lashley/umaga fued Lashley shouldn't have been used for it if he was carrying ECW gold