is Dolph Leaving WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I agree that the WWE should use different looking belts and in my opinion go back to the old ones, they looked great and there was no point in changing them.
Problem is, there is no consistent WWE branding on those belts. The logo was in the background, when in fact it should be the face of the belt, which is why they're doing this. They're either on top of the belt, small, or non-existant. The World Heavyweight Championship is the biggest crime of them all - the WCW logo is nowhere to be found - it says "World Championship Wrestling" on it, yes, but even when you put the belt up close to the camera, you can't see what company the belt is for.

Global Force's belt looks ugly, but the logo on those belts were front and center, that's all you need to know. Same with Impact's belts, except for X division.

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
Dolph Ziggler. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

"Ziggler v Styles is a great matchup" on what paper? What a shit idea.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Oh yeah, Ziggler's leaving every time his contract's about to expire. lol

I think I remember reading a Ziggler interview a few years back where he said he'd probably retire in 2-3 years' time, so this might be it.

Good riddance if he does leave, tbh. His WWE run has been nothing to write home about for years now.

Crimson

Reaction score
Dolph Ziggler did NOT quit the WWE.

He is scheduled to be a part of the Fastlane PPV, the last PPV before Wrestlemania.

Also, the main event of the show has been leaked and it’s gonna be AJ Styles defending the WWE Title in a Fatal-5 Way against Orton, Zayn, Nakamura and Owens.

Crash

Reaction score
Problem is, there is no consistent WWE branding on those belts. The logo was in the background, when in fact it should be the face of the belt, which is why they're doing this. They're either on top of the belt, small, or non-existant. The World Heavyweight Championship is the biggest crime of them all - the WCW logo is nowhere to be found - it says "World Championship Wrestling" on it, yes, but even when you put the belt up close to the camera, you can't see what company the belt is for.

Global Force's belt looks ugly, but the logo on those belts were front and center, that's all you need to know. Same with Impact's belts, except for X division.

Blasphemy, the World Heavyweight Title is the greatest of all time.

Good looking design > Huge lame logo

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Blasphemy, the World Heavyweight Title is the greatest of all time.

Good looking design > Huge lame logo
Please stop reacting too fast, stop overreacting...

I'm not debating that. I'm saying that the branding of WCW is non-existent. It's recognizable, but the name "WCW" isn't really visible anywhere. Not even "World Championship Wrestling." When you put the title close to the camera, you can see the textures of most of he title, but either the "WCW" or "World Championship Wrestling" logo or wording are not really prominent.

That was what I was saying. I do agree that it had a great design. That isn't debatable. I bet the superstars and legends that hold the title felt proud to hold the title, or even use it as a prop.

EDIT: Here's probably the original belt...
tumblr_static_filename_640_v2.jpg

It only says "World Heavyweight Champion." It's worn by greats like Ric Flair...

Last edited:

Crash

Reaction score
Ok fine, but reading your post seemed like you were saying there was a problem with the belt and the big logo was better.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Ok fine, but reading your post seemed like you were saying there was a problem with the belt and the big logo was better.
Yes, and no. The belt is beautiful, but there was no logo on the WHC. WWE's titles always had logos on them, but righrt now, WWE's making the WWE logo "in your face." However, it's better for marketing reasons. In the past, you could get away with a small logo on top of the belt, and some titles have the WWF/E logo in the middle (I.E. the Intercontinental Championship.) Today, you need a big logo to show on the actual championship. Otherwise, it looks like someone else's championship. Does that make sense? It should, because WHC's lineage goes back about 100 years ago. Not many people know that, though. They just assume that WCW acquired NWA, or vice versa. But in reality, it was actually a partnership, in which NWA backed out of. So, when WCW merged both WHC and IHC, [The WHC isn't a WCW-born championship, the IHC is.] WCW promoted the WHC as their own belt.

Same thing is happening right now with Impact and Global Force Wrestling, did you know that? The difference is, Impact is using a failed promotion's title. And GFW's new World Title is rather new.

Last edited:

Crash

Reaction score
Yes, and no. The belt is beautiful, but there was no logo on the WHC. WWE's titles always had logos on them, but righrt now, WWE's making the WWE logo "in your face." However, it's better for marketing reasons. In the past, you could get away with a small logo on top of the belt, and some titles have the WWF/E logo in the middle (I.E. the Intercontinental Championship.) Today, you need a big logo to show on the actual championship. Otherwise, it looks like someone else's championship. Does that make sense? It should, because WHC's lineage goes back about 100 years ago. Not many people know that, though. They just assume that WCW acquired NWA, or vice versa. But in reality, it was actually a partnership, in which NWA backed out of. So, when WCW merged both WHC and IHC, [The WHC isn't a WCW-born championship, the IHC is.] WCW promoted the WHC as their own belt.

Yes I know about what happened in WCW with the International title with the NWA and stuff. But I still disagree that a belt need a big logo of the company, a smaller logo is fine and it doesn't look like someone else's championship.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Yes I know about what happened in WCW with the International title with the NWA and stuff. But I still disagree that a belt need a big logo of the company, a smaller logo is fine and it doesn't look like someone else's championship.
I agree it doesn't need a big logo like the original spinner title, or the current titles you see in WWE today, it should be kinda like the Intercontinental Championship, where it's in the middle, but integrated into the globe design. I liked that about the old IC title (the one with the purple strap).