Is CM Punk simply another John Cena to you now?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Yes. It's so corny at the moment. There was alot of potential, but no f's were given by WWE.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
In my opinion he's worse now. He may not be as boring, as stale, or as consistently bad as Cena, but the similarities are there... which is worse when you consider he got over as a face because he cut a heel promo that tore WWE apart. (Nice job, WWE. That's how you create stars, by having them go out and rip your product all to hell!)

He talked about all the shameless ass-kissers in the back and now he's just another one of those people. He talked about how much better the product can be, and now he's yet another person holding it back. What a fucking hypocrite, I hope Daniel Bryan mops the floor with him at NWO.

#UnintentionalHeel

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Yes he is. A more fun to watch Cena of a lesser degree but unless he starts having interesting feuds he will also become Cena/sheamus soon.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah he is but CM Punk will always truly be CM Punk behind all of WWE's political machines and bullcrap.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
STOP IT! CM PUNK IS WRESTLER IN THE WORLD AND HE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BE A PG BITCH LIKE CENA!

604dbd984f80b875b2429d9feab6d4fb.png

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Rainman said:
In my opinion he's worse now. He may not be as boring, as stale, or as consistently bad as Cena, but the similarities are there... which is worse when you consider he got over as a face because he cut a heel promo that tore WWE apart. (Nice job, WWE. That's how you create stars, by having them go out and rip your product all to hell!)

He talked about all the shameless ass-kissers in the back and now he's just another one of those people. He talked about how much better the product can be, and now he's yet another person holding it back. What a F**cking hypocrite, I hope Daniel Bryan mops the floor with him at NWO.

#UnintentionalHeel

Yup. He's worse because he's a hypocrite. At least Cena didn't get over by being anti-WWE and talking about how lame WWE was before falling in line and becoming the exact lame ass he was hating on a few months before.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
It's a bit far calling him a hypocrite. No one here knows for sure what a wrestler is forced to do and what he wants to do. We all thought years ago Cena was forced to be a PG bitch, but recently it sounds like he wants to be this super face and "himself". I doubt Punk it completely happy with his gimmick but what can he do? Rebel and get depushed to superstars? How many of you would honestly turn away millions of dollars because some internet smarks think less of you?

There's two sides to every debate of course. I'm equally as pissed that it SEEMS like he doesn't care about his current gimmick - but I won't go as far as calling him a hypocrite. The plus side you can say to his reign is that he's usually had a nice opponent. Cena (included a 5 star match), Jericho (amazing WM and ER match, not sure if any were 5*) and Bryan (5 star match at OTL).

Zamorakian

BITW
Reaction score
He brings good matches to the table compared to Cena with his four moves of doom.

Which match did you enjoy the most, Bryan/Punk or Cena/Ace? Which one deserved to be in the main event of OTL? Was it Cena's match with Ace or Punk's match with Bryan?

You cannot compare him to Cena, it just doesn't work like that.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Crayo said:
It's a bit far calling him a hypocrite. No one here knows for sure what a wrestler is forced to do and what he wants to do. We all thought years ago Cena was forced to be a PG bitch, but recently it sounds like he wants to be this super face and "himself". I doubt Punk it completely happy with his gimmick but what can he do? Rebel and get depushed to superstars? How many of you would honestly turn away millions of dollars because some internet smarks think less of you?

There's two sides to every debate of course. I'm equally as pissed that it SEEMS like he doesn't care about his current gimmick - but I won't go as far as calling him a hypocrite. The plus side you can say to his reign is that he's usually had a nice opponent. Cena (included a 5 star match), Jericho (amazing WM and ER match, not sure if any were 5*) and Bryan (5 star match at OTL).

I'm calling his character a hypocrite. I understand the man Phil Brooks has to do what he has to do to make it to the top of WWE

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Yes, he's very similar to Cena now. I noticed that a while ago, and he does look like a hypocrite (CM Punk, not Phil Brooks, of course).