is CM Punk leaving wwe?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I honestly think Punk is just burned out by the WWE schedule. If his deal does in fact expire I think he would just take the rest of the year to rest/recouperate and likely return sometime around the Rumble. But, if for some reason he doesn't go back to the WWE I would be bummed out, being that he is easily my favorite wrestler currently, but If I remember correctly he said in a shoot interview before he signed with the WWE that he never had any intentions to work for Vince.

fuzzy

Reaction score
well, michelle mc cool is gone...
punk's contract is expiring in a few months, he has yet to resign his new contract.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Marginal talent in-ring in the WWE, has only shown to get cheap heat on fans (Well, that's every heel in WWE these days), He won't make any money with the weak way they've pushed him. More suited to a commentator's role seemingly. Also a giant asshole.

Don't see WWE making a big fuss over resigning him, especially according to their reportedly low contract offer they don't see the dollar signs in his current incarnation. I think some time off would be good for him, there's no doubt he's a talented wrestler, and taking a passing glance at his indy roots could help him get back what was no doubt stripped of him that rathole OVW. I'm all for it, I know his many IWC fans will mark out for his return at the Rumble or something down the line and really, where does his character go from here anyway? A feud with the JOB Squad known as Nexus? Or worse, a program with "CGO" Morrison? Now's a great time to get away from those potentially damaging feuds.

Airfixx

Reaction score
To be fair, Punk & Jomo put on some of WWE's best matches in 2007 and rocked the shit out of SD one friday night a couple of years ago.