Extreme Rules Is anyone excited about this?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

irish_stu

Jobber
Reaction score
I dont know about anyone else but im struggling to get excited for this show im loving the Miz as a heel but im really losing interest in Ambrose fast and would like to see Miz as champ with a new babyface chasing him.

The fatal 5 way is getting all the air time and im not sure how i see it going or who i want to win, the winner is looking at a probable squash by Brock anyway.

All that aside I hate the gimmick PPV, now this is down to being spoiled during the late 90's and early 00's because all these "hardcore style matches" now look really cartoony for me, i d rather they stop all together. Have a good story and a good match and make me want to watch it.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I will be honest in saying, I thought Money in the Bank was the next PPV up until this morning... lol
Raw and Raw PPVs just haven't done anything for me in some time. I will be shocked if this PPV gets better than a 5/10.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
It may at least be an entertaining match with good spots, but unless say, Finn Balor wins, this match is eh.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Its hard to get excited about the men's division on RAW...simply because we can
already see the end result.

Lesnar holds the title and squashes everyone he faces until Wrestlemania 34 where
he'll fight and lose to the only wrestler Vince gives a shit about and then Lesnar retires.

At least on SmackDown its a lot less predictable.

I mean they gave the world title to Jinder Mahal...which means anyone on that roster
could realistically hold the main belt.

Owens, Styles, Nakamaru, Zayn, Corbin, Orton, Cena...hell...even Ziggler may get a title run...

Its a real shame the Miz was moved to RAW...but hopefully he can regain the IC title...
he deserves to hold that belt again.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
No, not really. The only thing I'm interested in is the Fatal 5-Way.

And I hope The Miz gets to dethrone Ambrose because the IC title desperately needs him.

Also, I would've been interested in The Hardy Boyz vs Sheamus & Cesaro, but they booked 'em in a freakin' Steel Cage match which I don't like, so... Yeah, the thing I'm looking forward to the most is the main event.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Wait a minute.... so. In storyline, it's a steel cage match because Matt Hardy faced Sheamus, and the winner picked the stipulation for the ER match, and so Matt picked a Cage match.

What??? Am I reading this right?

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
What they doing with Ambrose that everyone seems to be loosing interest in him?
He's been a terrible Intercontinental Champion and has rarely defended the belt...

The Miz made the IC title seem important...he elevated the belt...Ambrose hasn't done shit with it...
Hence why it ended up on the Wrestlemania kick off show.

No offense to Ambrose...but the IC title belongs with Miz & Maryse...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jazzwazza

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I will be honest in saying, I thought Money in the Bank was the next PPV up until this morning... lol
Raw and Raw PPVs just haven't done anything for me in some time. I will be shocked if this PPV gets better than a 5/10.

I forgot about Extreme Rules too. Pretty sure that's what's going to happen post Extreme Rules, forget it completely lol.

Utterly forgetable/10

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Eva Maryse

The Artiste
Reaction score
Its a nothing PPV really. Nothing big will come from it. Ultimately the two biggest matches on the card revolve around the Reigns. The Fatal Five Way match is just to determine who gets fed to Brock next, before Roman beats him next year at WM. And The Miz v Ambrose is apparently just to get the belt on a heel so that Reigns can then squash that heel and be IC Champ. So nothing that happens on this card is important in any way.

And on the topic of Miz v Ambrose, I'm at the point where I dont really care. Ambrose is a channel changer for me at the moment, and Miz is just a glorified jobber thesedays. Miz will make for a good IC Champ again if he wins, but thats just a consolation prize for his 2017 which his been one of his worst years from a booking perspective after he just had one of his best years in 2016.

Eva Maryse

The Artiste
Reaction score
Miz has been amazing this past year, he is being hurt because no one is interested in Ambrose.

As a performer he's been really good.

Kayfabe wise he's been awful. All he's done all year is job to Ambrose, Cena, and Ambrose again. He never gets to stand tall, never gets to look like a threat, never gets to look credible. The only match he's won it took everyone else in the match getting jumped, so Miz didn't even cheat or do anything heelish, he just got lucky. He deserves better booking, hes got zero credibility now.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Eva Maryse

The Artiste
Reaction score
As a performer he's been really great.

Kayfabe wise he's been awful. All he's done all year is job to Ambrose, Cena, and Ambrose again. He never gets to stand tall, never gets to look like a threat, never gets to look credible. The only match he's won it took everyone else in the match getting jumped, so Miz didn't even cheat or do anything heelish, he just got lucky. He deserves better booking, hes got zero credibility now.

irish_stu

Jobber
Reaction score
As a performer he's been really good.

You are right which i the problem with the programming at the moment, moving him from Smackdown was a mistake for me, he could have gotten a run as the brands top Heel but they just wouldnt do it.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'd just argue Raw is hurting him. Not only is it harder to be a centerpiece or memorable on the 3 hour show, but the Miz/Ambrose feud started when Miz got cocky and started running down Renee, and Ambrose came down in defense of his girlfriend. There were moments when it got really heated and Miz was able to do a lot of creative things to stay the most entertaining character of 2017...

..what's he been since he moved to Raw? I don't even know lol. But I assume he's just like every other heel on the show