Is 90's wrestling better

• Thread starter THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jabroni900

Reaction score
Actually, the wrestling back during the late 90's WAS faster and they used more moves, the WWE today focuses more on kicks and punches and less moves.

edgehead09

Reaction score
yea the late 90s was but the EARLY 90s was alot slower

SuckIt

Reaction score
Yeah there was some real shite in the midcard all throughout the ninties, but everyone forgot about that when they saw Austin come down in a beer truck, or Rocky calling Kevin Kelly a hearmaphrodite. And i'd say the main events were generally of more high quality in the late ninties then today, IMO.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

i dont see the real problem with wrestling today besides some stupid characters, yet everyone is quick to say that wrestling is shit now

gashface

Reaction score
I think it seems better because wrestling dramatically changed from being very slow paced and traditional to fast paced with chair shots, blood and women. Big big changes and change is always exciting. Ofcourse now, nothing can shock us, I think a big part of it not being as good anymore is our perception.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

^^thats a good point. the x division was exciting when tna began as well because it was something new

shaunx

Reaction score
90s is better..

Yup no question about that..90s wrestling was so simple and better.nowadays we can see a big dram is going on in the cage..olden times they make us that its original..hitman and ultimate warrior was very good in that..they were decent.no so much fouls is happening...

Adampro123

Reaction score
when it comes to WRESTLING then hell no the 90's weren't better than wrestling today. just watch a 90's match compared to todays match and more than likely todays match will be better if its on a PPV.

CT Styles

In the 90's they had so many unique gimmicks, today your either a 'Randy Orton' or your a 'Cena' in other words a face or a heel and all the gimmicks are pretty much the same. But I prefer it that way because of the gimmicks that some of them had back them it would mean they had no chance of being at WM, they would just enter the RR and get eliminated straight away and job all the time. These days I feel like everyone has a chance to get a good push these days because their gimmicks show that they arn't there to muck around that they are hungry for success. (well most of them)

Reaction score
90s wrestling was slower paced but back then wrestlers in wwf had charisma,unique gimmicks and there were great heel managers.overall the product was more appealing than today.

Liam_wwe_fan

Reaction score
i dont think you can beat from the late 90s like 97-99 was good and there has been great maches in the past etc but you move on with change

Reaction score
mid to late 90s was the best period i agree.The monday night wars between wcw and wwe created entertainment value never to be witnessed again by the wrestling fan.