Iron Mike Sharpe Passes Away

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
According to PWInsider.com, Iron Mike Sharpe passed away over the weekend in Hamilton, Ontario at the age of 64. Sharpe had been dealing with a number of health issues in recent years. He was trained by the late Dewey “Missing Link” Robertson, and followed his father Mike and Uncle Ben into the business. Sharpe, billed as Canada’s Greatest Athlete, was originally brought into the WWF in 1983 to challenge champion Bob Backlund. Sharpe, who also worked in New Japan Pro Wrestling, is best known as the top heel enhancement talent for WWE during the 80s and early 90s.

Very sad news and a big loss to the wrestling show and school industry. He definitely was Canada's greatest athlete of his era, and the pride of Hamilton. I think it's safe to say that wrestling heaven just got louder and more fun.

RIP

woz75

Jobber
Reaction score
Sad - watched many a Iron Mike loss but was always an entertaining heel

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Dang. RIP Iron Mike.

Hope they mention him tonight on RAW.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Iron Mike was one of my favorite jobbers. I'll never forget on an early episode of Raw where Jim Duggan was facing Shawn Michaels in a lumberjack match... the lumberjacks all got in the ring and then Duggan cleared the ring with his 2x4... as everyone else got out of the ring, Mike jumped in and was the only one hit... it was amusing the way he overplayed it... RIP