Information about the Shop.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Right, as you have probably seen, I'm in the process of adding a forum shop to the site. This was a very popular feature when we used MyBB, and since we have nothing to use money for at the moment, this will be handy. However, if I were to add this feature and stock it with purchasable items, then I would need to reset the cash system. That means your cash will be reset to 0. Please hear me out before you get your pitch forks ready.

I completely understand how much effort you've gone to stack up your forum cash. However, if I didn't reset it, I'd have to have the item prices at ridiculous amounts, and even then some users can buy them over and over again with no incentive due to how much cash they already have now. The shop isn't just a cool feature you can use your money for, it's also a feature that is incentive to stay active. That's how I view it.

How much would you guys hate me if I did reset it? Maybe there is a way where I don't have to do it, but if this is the case, would you guys really mind?

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
personally i wouldn't mind, knowing i am getting to use the Shop, but i can't speak for everyone

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
I would hate you for life..........

JK I will always love you but I would be pissed

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
People worked hard for that cash, and now you're just taking it away. You should run for government.
But really, I don't think it matters.

Reactions: Crayo

Lackin

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Give everyone a £1000

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Actually, I do have a bit of a negative reaction to it. Although it probably is for the best, the more you reset it, the less valuable it feels earning it again.
I think you should make something really expensive, an award perhaps, so the richest users can buy it. At least then we all know who the top earners were.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
:)

What would your solution be? The last thing I really want is hundreds of angry users to make use of one feature, but it is a feature everyone has requested.

Take a log (This will take time but I can help you if it makes a difference) of the regular members here and take a log of their forum cash and give them it when the shop is up, This sounds like a shit idea but its the only thing I can think of

Lackin

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
the only way to do it IMO is a very long and boring job of Screen Shotting Everyone's profile and giving the money back. But seeing as we have 4000+ members that is improbable

airbourne908

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
In all honesty, it wouldn't bother me too much. I would earn up some money with posting, then hopefully get lucky in bets and earn the money I have now back.

Reactions: Crayo

Chaz

The Artiste
Reaction score
I actually wouldn't really mind. I don't have that much money anyway lmao, but money isn't that hard to earn back. If you have $25000 or something I can understand that you get pissed but most people have like $2000-$4000 which you can earn back in a while. If you just post a lot, maybe take part In LDs you'll earn money. Then, like Airbourne said, use them for bets & you'll probably earn back your cash in not that much time..

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
It would annoy me a lot. Considering how I've had to work to get that cash.

I'm willing to go down to like $2m, but not be reset totally. It just seems entirely unfair. Lets be honest, if everyone was on levels of like $10k, $20k and I wasn't on $6m it wouldn't be reset as I wouldn't be on a high amount.

You said that 'You can just get it back on bets' so why reset it anyway if I can just earn it back in a day? I think an award costing like $5m sounds pretty cool. I'd buy it, and then I'm not buying everything in the shop :)

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I gave all my money to Scarlette :dawg:

Needless to say, I wouldn't give a shit. Was never a huge fan of the cash system to begin with. :badass: :boss:

Reactions: Hannah Bee