Information About Stolen PayPal Accounts/Credit Cards/Bank Account - Tips to Avoid

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
For the past month or so I have been researching deep web markets (Not buying or anything), but I seem to have found out information that just isn't safe. I like to research stuff (It's the way I am) I like to know a lot. I started off researching trading for years hours on end, and then I moved onto other things. But I wanted to take something new in (Stop with the dirty jokes) so I decided to look around. I could start with Game of Thrones again, but I kind of burned myself off with that over the years...Reading the books too many times and watching the TV show way too many times. Bloody hell I know way too much about that show, but anyway I decided to buy bitcoins a month or two ago. I thought it would be fun and wanted to buy something with them. I ended up buying games on G2A and giving them away on Facebook. But looking around at Bitcoins it seemed to bring the deep web up a lot. So I ended up looking over it, and really it is a crazy place. You probably know about being able to buy drugs and guns, but something that caught my eye was the fraud stuff. I'm just starting to make my own money and stuff, and I was planning to open a bank account. I until then did keep most of my money in my trading accounts and PayPal. This is however not the best thing to do if you want that money to be safe from fraudsters looking to make a quick buck. They have options such as Security Key and what not, but I'm sure there are markets that bypass that stuff. PayPal would be making it something that has to be done if that wasn't the case. PayPal loses money with these fraudsters, so putting two and two together would just make sense. That's why I don't think their two factor/security keys are not that reliable.

Anyway, on the deep web you will get listings of PayPal accounts with balances. That could easily be your account right there. These come in forms of transfers/accounts.

Accounts - These are username and passwords. You get the details and it's up to you to cash out

Transfers - The money will be sent to a PayPal account of yours you give to the vendor. These are however from reviews pretty hard to get right. They use credit cards/eBay to send funds.

Okay, you're safe from the rookies. They will buy accounts without the tools they need. It isn't just like buy account and go on a spending spree. It takes work to get these accounts right, but trust me there are many people who can get them right. Just go and look at some deep web forums. You'll see those people, and truthfully it isn't that hard. I know how to cash out these accounts (I choose not to, but to give you all information instead. I don't need to screw people out of their hard earned money), but the fraudsters will spoof themselves as you. PayPal won't tell the difference, and these fraudsters will send funds to their accounts, or buy products with your account. Of course you'll say "I'm covered by PayPal, right?" well yes and no. PayPal will cover all charges if they decide it the charge wasn't by you, but it can easily go the other way. If fraudsters do good jobs then why would PayPal decide in your favor? Think of it, you tell PayPal someone hacked your account. They check the charges and see it was from your IP or very close. It's 50/50 and you could lose your money altogether.

Transfers, this is where the vendors selling the accounts send to other accounts. This is mostly what probably happened if you see random funds sent to some PayPal accounts through eBay on your credit card. The go to method here is credit card charges. They'll list something on eBay with the PayPal account given, and they will charge their stolen credit cards with that eBay listing. That means you lose your funds and the PayPal account gets the money. Lucky for you banks I find are more understanding, but you're still at the same risk. The PayPal accounts needed for these charges are business accounts and aged. Otherwise PayPal will hold the funds for 21 days and that means sad fraudster. The credit card company will chargeback the transaction (Great tool for your credit cards), but again shit like this ca go wrong.

Next, credit cards. These go for so little it's not even funny. They can sell for under 5 bucks and upwards to 30 - 40 for big cards (Balances above 10,000 I believe), but these are harder to crack so you guys can chill on that. Mastercard Secure code and Verified by Visa make it hard for carders to cash them out. This however doesn't stand for everything. Some websites don't have those tools, and phone order bypass the whole thing. Plus some cards (Mostly pre paid) don't use those tools. How do carders bypass this? Simple, they make it look like they are you. Websites calculate their fraud score with many things. IP, Emails and others. If they use a good email (Domain emails) and have the same IP then they can easily charge those cards for 100 plus. Luckily it is mostly always covered by bank accounts. You should be safe for the most part, but this stuff can break like most things.

Bank Accounts, These are interesting. Instead of credit card info you get usernames and passwords. The only method I found online to this is linking that account with PayPal. You'll withdraw some money to the PayPal and spend it. You can then resell the products for clean funds. I will list the bank accounts to stay away from

Wells Fargo - Really stay away from this one. It seems to lose its info so easily and the amount of listings are not even funny. Right now I'm looking at one (I don't want to link images of the deep web), but this is currently priced at 60 bucks and it carries accounts from 5000- . I see more on other markets as well. My advice is to stay away from this bank.

SunTrust - Again, you get listings for this. They range from 1,000 to .

Chase Bank Accounts - Again, I saw a lot of these listings. Not as many as Wells Fargo, but still saw these. I'll just list the others I saw.

Charles Schwab

BBT

CommBank

UK offshore accounts (Not names given)

Swiss Bank Account (Priced just under )

BOA (Guess that's Bank of America)

VR - Bank

More Wells Fargo xD

More SunTrust xD

And that's as far as I'm looking. American bank accounts are the ones that seem to be hit the most. So, you Americans need to be careful. You seem to be getting hit with the most of these tools, and I believe some EU countries follow behind (One being France)

What does Frosty recommend? Safe guard your PayPal if you want to use it. Use every security tool you have to avoid fraudsters. I don't recommend PayPal for holding funds, but some people may need it. Just be prepared that one day you could open it up to a much lower balance than you had the day before. Credit Cards need Verified by Visa/Mastercard Secure Code. Some EU countries send out codes to the phone numbers for big purchases, so try to get something like that. Bank Accounts, try to stay away from the ones I listed. They seem to be the ones that get hit the most. Make sure to get the top security for your accounts.

Also, something to add but I saw someone selling real credit cards sent in the mail. These are sent from Bank accounts in Canada opened with your details. They will then burn the card and move on. I believe they hit for 5k or something.

But yes, so much money every year is lost with this. Real pro carders/fraudsters can make anything from 1k to 5k a day if not more. However at least you know it probably won't always be like that. Soon their method will be patched since the companies are the ones losing money here, and they'll probably be caught down the road. IP leaks can happen and you can track mac addresses these days. I don't believe you're always completely untraceable. If you're causing enough damage then the FBI very well may be knocking at your door soon enough.

Also fake money is sold there as well. However that's mostly a massive silly move. They're hard to move and I think it's like 10 years in Prison for it? Same goes with fraudsters I believe. But yeah, I don't recommend PayPal. I recommend getting extra security on your cards, and stay away from the unsafe banks. If anything open a bank account in Ireland since no one seems to give a shit to hack them xD

Last edited:

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
That was long. I'm not editing spelling mistakes

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
When something peaks my interest I read and research the crap out of it. Thanks anxiety! lolol

I use Paypal all the time but I am not stupid about it. The people that get hacked are the ones that go around telling everyone their emails, life stories, common interests, and so on.
And I am not surprised Americans get hacked/stolen the most. But these people on the deep web....

200.gif

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
When something peaks my interest I read and research the crap out of it. Thanks anxiety! lolol

I use Paypal all the time but I am not stupid about it. The people that get hacked are the ones that go around telling everyone their emails, life stories, common interests, and so on.
And I am not surprised Americans get hacked/stolen the most. But these people on the deep web....

200.gif
PayPal/Credit Card info is mostly via dumps found online from real hackers. The people selling are just finding the info and selling it. I believe it works like this

Software glitches - Hackers well hack xD - Dump the info they don't want on websites and shit - Vendors find the info and resell. I'm also sure the real hackers have deals with these vendors to get paid a lot of cash. They're probably making money someway by creating the dumps. Mostly credit card info that gets put into these dumps and shit. Again, all probably not on the clear net.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
yeah lol, they're like 80% of the leaks on the deep web. The others are odd UK PP accounts and some EU PP/Bank/Credit Card accounts. But yeah, USA is doing something wrong there

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
PayPal/Credit Card info is mostly via dumps found online from real hackers. The people selling are just finding the info and selling it. I believe it works like this

Software glitches - Hackers well hack xD - Dump the info they don't want on websites and shit - Vendors find the info and resell. I'm also sure the real hackers have deals with these vendors to get paid a lot of cash. They're probably making money someway by creating the dumps. Mostly credit card info that gets put into these dumps and shit. Again, all probably not on the clear net.

If you do business outside your own country you leave open loopholes too. Just because said country guarantees protection and privacy for their own doesn't mean they do for you.
It would not surprise me if they sell verrfied bank e-mails or paypal ones to other people. Then you have e-mail phishers. My own mother and aunt have fallen for these. lol

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
If you do business outside your own country you leave open loopholes too. Just because said country guarantees protection and privacy for their own doesn't mean they do for you.
It would not surprise me if they sell verrfied bank e-mails or paypal ones to other people. Then you have e-mail phishers. My own mother and aunt have fallen for these. lol
ah yeah, the old email scam. I believe I got one a while ago wanting me to send PP info directly to them to fix. I just keep that shit going for the most part "Where can I find that info?" "Does email and password need to be the same?" "Will PayPal not break if I send this info through email?" "I'm 110 can you read me my password instead?"

• Haha

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
ah yeah, the old email scam. I believe I got one a while ago wanting me to send PP info directly to them to fix. I just keep that shit going for the most part "Where can I find that info?" "Does email and password need to be the same?" "Will PayPal not break if I send this info through email?" "I'm 110 can you read me my password instead?"

I can't remember what bank my mother has but she was sending them ALL of her information and before she hit send she thought "Well maybe I should call the bank first" LOL

Another one she fell for was an HP scammer. She had issues with her printer and called some generic number Google pulled up for her and she was talking to some foreigner telling her she needs to pay a fee of $150 to fix it and they will send her a program... LOL And then you have the Facebook scammers... She almost fell for that too. They have numbers and charge you money for "deactivating" accounts. They likely just hack them. lol

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Been using PayPal for... ummm... 10-12 years or so.. no problems whatsoever.

Then again I have Trend Micro updated every year... I have ad blockers, pop-up blockers, I purge my email account once a week and mark spam as spam.. any fake Paypal emails I get I send to spoof@paypal.com... that's the email you report phishing scams to. I scan my computer bi-monthly for any and everything.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa

200.gif
Yeah. And the rest of your post is spot on, too.

I use paypal for keeping my identity well guarded from other companies. I also buy sites this way, but only sites that I am interested in, and they have to communicate back with me, or I won't do it.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Yeah. And the rest of your post is spot on, too.

I use paypal for keeping my identity well guarded from other companies. I also buy sites this way, but only sites that I am interested in, and they have to communicate back with me, or I won't do it.

Same. If it is not a small shop through Amazon or eBay where I am protected, I don't mess with it. Nothing I want is needed bad enough to risk my information being sold off.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
to add to this, I saw a listing today where the vendor claims to card a item for you (That's basically using a credit card to buy items online), so I'm not sure if this is a big problem or not. Clearly noobs will go to it, but chances are it's just a scam lol. The scammer ends up getting scammed. I'll look into it more, but the current listing is like for the service. That just seems too low if someone claims to have a service that works. Basically you send the CC info to him and your desired item. Most likely he'll run off with the info and claim it didn't work. Only possible reason I could see him doing this is for the little amounts and the remaining amounts on the card. What stops him from just taking it all? Seems bit fishy, but I saw a Reddit post from some dude that was asking the same thing. Apparently the service he was for 10% of the item price. Going to guess you provide the info as well. That seems a bit more realistic since drop addresses are really hard to get (Ones that work anyway)