Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Release Date: July 29, 2022
Director: James Mangold
Writers:Jonathan Kasdan(screenplay) Philip Kaufman(characters) David Koepp(screenplay)
Stars: Mads MikkelsenHarrison FordPhoebe Waller-Bridge

Plot: Unkown currently

-----
‘Indiana Jones 5’ To Begin Filming In The UK Next Week

pPgphA9l.jpg

(Clockwise, from top left): Harrison Ford, Mads Mikkelsen, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Thomas Kretschmann, Shaunette Renee Wilson and Boyd Holbrook

Logan director James Mangold is taking over directing reins from Steven Spielberg, who still is serving as a producer and very much involved in various elements of the film. Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall and Simon Emanuel are also producing. John Williams, who has worked on every score in the 40-year-old franchise including its iconic theme, is also returning as composer.

Plot details are being kept under wraps on the long-in-the-works film (rumors include a 1960s space race theme, but local reports in the UK also point to a shoot at Bamburgh castle).

The current release date is July 29, 2022.

The 78-year-old Ford last dusted off his fedora for the 2008 installment Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, in which the iconic archaeologist became entangled in a Soviet plot to uncover the secret behind mysterious artefacts known as the Crystal Skulls. Despite mixed reviews, the film took close to $800 million globally.

Reactions: Chris

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Harrison Ford Injures Shoulder Rehearsing ‘Indiana Jones 5’ Fight Scene; Production To Shoot Around Recovery

Not exactly shocking news.

Reactions: Chris

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Save this senior citizen from himself and stop casting him in action flicks.

Just have him voice an entire CGI character if you keep wanting to Undertaker this man.

Reactions: Necro

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Antonio Banderas Joins Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones 5

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Get hype.:mark:
Producer Frank Marshall has taken to Twitter to confirm that filming has completed on the long-delayed Indiana Jones 5. Harrison Ford will return to don the iconic fedora in what is surely to be his final time as the legendary adventurer. James Mangold (Logan, Ford v. Ferrari) takes over directing duties from Steven Spielberg, who remains on board as a producer.

Plot details and a title for the film are nonexistent at the moment, though some kind of 'passing of the torch' is expected. Phoebe Waller-Bridge (Fleabag), Mads Mikkelsen (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story), Thomas Kretschmann (King Kong), Boyd Holbrook (Logan), Shaunette Renée Wilson (Black Panther), Toby Jones (Captain America: The First Avenger), and Antonio Banderas (The Mask of Zorro) are all set to co-star. Mangold penned the screenplay for the film alongside his Ford v. Ferrari co-scribes, Jaz and John-Henry Butterworth.

Development on a fifth Indiana Jones film has lingered since the release of Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull in 2008. George Lucas kicked around ideas for the next installment, which was ultimately handed off to Kathleen Kennedy when she became the president of Lucasfilm in 2012. The studio put the film on the back burner in order to focus on the next Star Wars films, with versions of the script by David Koepp (Jurassic Park) and Jonathan Kasdan (Solo: A Star Wars Story) having come and gone.

Spielberg initially planned to direct the film, though he stepped down in 2020 as Mangold signed on. Much in the way of Ford passing on the baton, the director wanted to pass off the responsibility to a younger director to give them the chance to give their spin and take on the universe. Spielberg has certainly kept himself busy, with his remake of West Side Story in contention for major awards this season, and a semi-autobiographical film noting his childhood in the works titled The Fabelmans.

Indiana Jones 5 began filming back in June and was saddled with various hurdles between the COVID-19 pandemic and a shoulder injury that Ford suffered just a few weeks into production. October also noted a significant release delay for the film, moving it nearly a year from its initial date. A globe-trotting adventure is sure to be underway (as most Indiana Jones films are), with filming having occurred in England, Scotland, Italy, and Morocco.

Reactions: Necro and Doom

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Nice cast but no Spielberg?

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I am excited but nowhere near as excited as I was when Crystal Skulls came out and ruined it for me with the goofy alien crap.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
While I am not a huge fan of the fourth movie, I never understood why the alien thing annoyed people so much? There's always been some supernatural elements in those movies so why are extraterrestrials worse than an Indian curse keeping a man alive after his heart has been ripped off his chest?

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
While I am not a huge fan of the fourth movie, I never understood why the alien thing annoyed people so much? There's always been some supernatural elements in those movies so why are extraterrestrials worse than an Indian curse keeping a man alive after his heart has been ripped off his chest?
For me it felt like Speilberg just wanted to add the Aliens. I don't mind the old Indian curses and things like that and don't mind the supernatural stuff but it felt the Aliens were just put in there because Speilberg wanted them added.

If they were a group of Mayans or Aztecs or something of that nature that had some powers I think the movie may have been looked at differently.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
For me it wasn't so much that there were aliens, just how it was done was pretty silly. I really don't hate the 4th one much tho tbh, just don't watch it with the first 3 lol by itself it's still good fun

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
For me it felt like Speilberg just wanted to add the Aliens. I don't mind the old Indian curses and things like that and don't mind the supernatural stuff but it felt the Aliens were just put in there because Speilberg wanted them added.

If they were a group of Mayans or Aztecs or something of that nature that had some powers I think the movie may have been looked at differently.

Spielberg probably had the whole thing as a nod to ET or Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Reactions: Marty McFourth