Independent wrestler sends cease & desist letter to TNA over gimmick infringement

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
TNA received a cease & desist letter last month from Ohio indie wrestler Justin Carnes, who wrestled under the name Krimson (an evil clown) and has actually worked for TNAas an enhancement talent, in regards to the Crazzy Steve character and The Decay stable, according to PWInsider. Carnes has also worked under the name Conrad Kennedy III.

Carnes claims that elements of Steve's performance have been lifted from his work as Krimson, including Steve's mannerisms, costumes, face paint and the red mist. Carnes also says he created a stable called "Dead Wrestler's Society" in 2010 and Steve ripped that idea off in TNA.

The cease & desist asks TNA to stop all usage of the copyrights Carnes claims to own, and asks that the company acknowledge in writing that they will comply by April 6th, which was Wednesday. It also noted that Carnes may pursue legal action if TNA doesn't comply.

No word yet on what TNA plans to do but their legal team has the letter. Steve has been with the company since 2014 and is the current TNA Tag Team Champion with Abyss.
/wrestlinginc

Not the first time this guy has butted heads with TNA. He tried getting a job with the company around 2010-2011, getting encouraged to send in video of himself. Few months later: Crimson with a C debuted. He took umbrage to that as well. I don't see him getting far with this one.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I would fight this guy. He really pisses me off for no rational reason.

Reactions: seabs