Elimination Chamber In Depth Analysis (Part 1)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Ok, I am doing an in depth analysis to determine who will win the upcoming Elimination Chamber match (even though there is no point because Roman has a 101% chance of winning). This is not the final report, just the start of it (hence part 1).

I have been looking at previous Elimination Chamber matches where the title was defended and instead the winner received a championship match at WrestleMania. There have been 4 total (not including this Sunday's one obviously) - 2 at No Way Out 2008, 1 at Elimination Chamber 2011, and 1 at Elimination Chamber 2013. I looked at who the winners were, and who the expected winners were before the PPV occurred, and I have found that the person expected to face the champion at WrestleMania tends to be the winner (bad news for people who don't want Roman to win).

Here's the data:
Undertaker won the Smackdown/ECW Chamber match at No Way Out 2008. As early as Survivor Series the previous year people were predicting Edge vs. Undertaker for the WHC at WrestleMania, and that is what happened.

The RAW Chamber match had HHH win to face Orton (and Cena who inserted himself in the main event of WM lol) at WrestleMania. And guess what? The rumours were that HHH would face either Orton or Batista (or both) for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania.

The third one, in 2011, had Cena win the right to face (and lose to) The Miz at WrestleMania. Again, the rumours were that Cena was going to compete in the WWE Championship match at Mania. At first people thought it would be Cena vs. Orton, but as Miz became Champion after cashing in his MitB and retaining for so long, the rumours became Cena vs. Miz. And that's what happened.

And finally we have Jack Swagger winning the right to face the WHC (Alberto Del Rio) at Mania in 2013. This was a dark time in Smackdown history, and nobody expected this match to be what people got at WrestleMania. It was an okay match, but the build was awful, and these two stars should not be the only two competitors in one of the major championship matches at the Grandest Stage of Them All. I think Swagger had some DUI problems just before WM, so even though most people thought he would win, he didn't, and then Ziggler cashed in the next night on Del Rio (which was awesome). This seems to be an anomaly, and since it was obvious during this time that the WWE did not care about the WHC and the prestige it should have, I am not really counting this one.

So of course both the rumours and the general feeling that everyone has is that it is going to be Roman vs. Brock at WM. And at the moment the past shows that this will most likely be the main event of this years WrestleMania.

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
But yet you still wrote & posted the article...

I respect that.

Nice work...
200.gif

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Yeah! I know when I'm being serious...

Apparently I'm too serious most of the time...
Lmao, ok ok I was just making a joke out of your first comment. :D Sorry everybody, was just having a little fun based on his choice of words, they were just perfect. Sorry.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
With all due respect and while firstly noting I appreciate the effort, I think there's really no need for any kind of in depth analysis when things are as clear cut as it gets in regards to who comes out the winner of the men's Elimination Chamber match.

We all know the predictable outcome (Roman Reigns) and we all know the right outcome (Braun Strowman). We all know who "they" want to win (Roman Reigns), we all know who us fans want to win (Braun Strowman). We all know who they insist shoving down our throats (Roman Reigns), we all know who organically is over (Braun Strowman). We all know what Vince wants (Roman Reigns), we all know what WE WANT (Braun Strowman).

So, again, with all due respect, it's either WWE stick to their original plan (Roman Reigns) or they finally decide to do an audible and have the right guy win (Braun Strowman). No disrespect to the other five participants, but they only just bodies to fill in the rest of the pods and to only set up future feuds leading to Mania. Nothing more, nothing less.

While on this subject, after this past Monday's monster performance, a lot of people are thinking Seth Rollins might have a chance. Like, Seth could win and then somehow Roman gets inserted in the picture, thus making it a triple threat for the Universal title at Mania. My reply is (Stone Cold style) eh eh. Ain't happening. Been there, done that (even if it was a Seth Rollins cash in and not a triple threat from the getco) and besides, it's all about Brock vs. Roman and how the BIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGG DOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGG (get a fucking hold of yourself already Michael Cole) will shock us all (hahahahahaha....sarcastic laugh) when he kicks out of the F-5. And then they wonder why ticket sales are down....

A couple more side notes:

- While Fin Balor was the first universal champion, never lost it and never got his shot at regaining, I think it's rather obvious that at this point and time, WWE don't have such plans for him so wouldn't be surprised if via the chamber they set up something with him and the Miz. Heck, I'd add Elias and make it a 3-way for the IC title of Mania cause you know they going to do some multi-man match for that belt anyway...

- For those expecting a...Dong during the Chamber, hate to dissapoint you but ain't happening. Don't get me wrong, I'd be the first to mark out but my take is if they indeed are going to set up a Cena vs. Undertaker match for Mania, that will happen on RAW. May very well be the following night. I can easily picture Cena coming out to cut a promo, talk about how he failed to win the Chamber match, perhaps apologize to his fans and note how for the first time in years he has no road to Wrestlemania...and then...Dong....

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
With all due respect and while firstly noting I appreciate the effort, I think there's really no need for any kind of in depth analysis when things are as clear cut as it gets in regards to who comes out the winner of the men's Elimination Chamber match.

We all know the predictable outcome (Roman Reigns) and we all know the right outcome (Braun Strowman). We all know who "they" want to win (Roman Reigns), we all know who us fans want to win (Braun Strowman). We all know who they insist shoving down our throats (Roman Reigns), we all know who organically is over (Braun Strowman). We all know what Vince wants (Roman Reigns), we all know what WE WANT (Braun Strowman).

So, again, with all due respect, it's either WWE stick to their original plan (Roman Reigns) or they finally decide to do an audible and have the right guy win (Braun Strowman). No disrespect to the other five participants, but they only just bodies to fill in the rest of the pods and to only set up future feuds leading to Mania. Nothing more, nothing less.
And its so sad & predictable...

- While Fin Balor was the first universal champion, never lost it and never got his shot at regaining, I think it's rather obvious that at this point and time, WWE don't have such plans for him so wouldn't be surprised if via the chamber they set up something with him and the Miz. Heck, I'd add Elias and make it a 3-way for the IC title of Mania cause you know they going to do some multi-man match for that belt anyway...
I'd be down for a Balor Club/Miztourage feud culminating in Demon Balor vs. Miz @Wrestlemania 34...

Elias can win the ATGMBR & perform a song afterwards...

- For those expecting a...Dong during the Chamber, hate to disappoint you but ain't happening. Don't get me wrong, I'd be the first to mark out but my take is if they indeed are going to set up a Cena vs. Undertaker match for Mania, that will happen on RAW. May very well be the following night. I can easily picture Cena coming out to cut a promo, talk about how he failed to win the Chamber match, perhaps apologize to his fans and note how for the first time in years he has no road to Wrestlemania...and then...Dong....
I'd rather not hear a "dong" at all & Cena can go off & shoot a
film or something allowing someone else to have that match time
on the card.

Reactions: alexb

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Yeah alexb is right, there is no real point in doing this when we know what the outcome will probably be and who we (well all of us who does not have a crush on Finn Balor) want to win.

Regarding The Undertaker, I do not want to see him in the ring again.