Impact on AXS TV Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
DHYMvnC.gif
Thank the Wrestling Gods for helping Impact have their best Show since starting on AXS TV! After these couple of Weeks I've been worried the momentum for the Show has been going down, but we saw the Show I feel knock it outta the Park. The X-Division Contendership was a perfect opener for this Show. Yeah I would say the guys in this are not over just yet, but I feel all of them really performed well with each other. Prince and Banks two guys a new Impact Fan might not know much about, really raised their stock as well within the Company. Kinda shocked Impact didn't try to get Dez in this party, but hey Trey is a guy who will have a great Match with Ace Austin. I know one thing Ace Austin better be worrying about keeping his X-Division Title, rather than creeping on Trey's Mother.

You know when I saw that Madison Rayne was going to have a Match during the Show I was like meh really. I've gone on record to say that I haven't been a fan of hers since when Gail Kim returned to Impact the second time and that was many Moons ago. It doesn't change the fact that her Character work is still top notch as I believe her in Ring work has dropped off over the Years. The 33 time Knockouts Champion had a good bout with the upcomer Alexa Nicole. Nicole is still very green, but the same could be said for Kiera Hogan a Year ago and she came into her own. Nicole has the potential for that to happen for her as well, and Rayne working with her will help her greatly going forward.

Some funny Segments involving Rvd and Johnny Swinger this Week gotta be honest. Rvd is still in the Hot Tub with Forbes this whole time holy shit they must be really shrinking up in so many areas. RVD returns next Week and I'm going to laugh my ass off if it's just the same RVD doing more poses. I would like to see a new look from the guy though. As for Swinger he loves to live in the 70's and 80's, but boy did you shit in the wrong bag. Just the thought of him trying to take Petey[who is vastly underused and should join Elgin and The North and form Team Canada again] under his Wing is hilarious to me. Shamrock is going to kill that man hope he has a good Insurance policy.

Daga vs Jake Crist. I wonder how the average fan feels about Daga? You see I've followed Daga from AAA to Lucha Underground now to Impact Wrestling so I'm behind him all the way. I just wonder if people really want to see him as Champion just yet. Still Daga vs Crist was a good back and forth contest, to where Daga might be the next in line for the X-Division Crown before too long.

Swann/Blanchard vs Fulton/Callihan. Talk about a fun Tag Team Match that helped the big Elimination Match next week importance. Both teams gelled together really really and it was the right win for Sami and boy did he need it. I do find it interesting Impact added Cage so late. I mean Cage is a former Impact Champion and I knew a rematch would happen and it already did, but really didn't need him in there. Granted it's Tessa's to win, and someone maybe someone already leaked the pic of Tessa posing with Sami in the background, but hey next week who knows Cage and Elgin refuel that rivalry of theirs and that comes outta the Match as well!

Havok vs Moon. Skippable of course it's just to have her win and slowly build toward Suzie totally remembering what Havok did to her. I wonder though if Impact makes her go back to Su Yung or something even deadlier.

The Main Event of a great way to end off the Episode this let me tell you. Week to week people are talking about how good The North is and when you're in the Ring with guys in Edward and Marufuji, two who have won Titles in many Companies and killing it out there with them then people are going to start to really consider you the top tier of Teams in the World for sure. Even though The North were expected to win, Edwards and Marufuji had some great moments to make you believe a upset could be possible. I don't know if those two have ever tagged before, but I wouldn't mind it happening again going forward. So with that a fun Impact this Week and I can't wait to see the chaos in the 6 Way Elimination Match.

XFCbJdil.jpg

t0aChcRl.jpg

GHL0OeOl.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I don't know if those two have ever tagged before, but I wouldn't mind it happening again going forward. So with that a fun Impact this Week and I can't wait to see the chaos in the 6 Way Elimination Match.
To my knowledge, this was the first time Edwards and Marufuji ever tagged.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
To my knowledge, this was the first time Edwards and Marufuji ever tagged.

Well hopefully it's not the last time we see them as partners.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Agreed as I kind of like the two as a tag for some reason.

Yup now we have a new team for The North to defend their Titles against except Swann and Mack who are coming up the Highway themselves.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Yup now we have a new team for The North to defend their Titles against except Swann and Mack who are coming up the Highway themselves.
If Edwards and Marufuji won the tag belts that would be awesome, and valid point about Swann and Mack

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Let's be honest here that Main Event for Impact this Week was the whole fucking show in terms of Storytelling, and Quality of Match throughout and I was happy to see how it turned out. I'll go into those thoughts on the actual Match at the end, but let's start from the beginning sexy foxes. How dare Impact put out teams like Reno Scum and Desi Hit Squad and expect me to try to care about it. Still even with my negative thoughts about those two teams I felt the Match got good and turned into an entertaining Tag Match. No shock to see Ace hiding in the Wings, but it's funny how he rocks a Cross Necklace the same style I have, and yet is trying to sleep with Married Women SINNER! :lizlol

Would be a shock if Trey's Mom goes with Ace for a time because wouldn't it be stupid though he tries to get with her and it's just a set up for a slap during their Hard to Kill Match and Ace still retains. A great and dominating performance for Jordynne Grace over Taya and Johnny Bravo. I love to see Thick Mama Pump show that mean side to her as she was kicking the life outta Bravo, and Callis saying she's going to kill this kid and then Taya says do something Bravo man that was funny. Taya knows what she is doing though just when you have her backed in the corner, she finds a way to win and you're left wondering what happened.

RVD saying I need 10-12 Hours of sleep shit I'm lucky to get 5-6 hours a night in a Work Week and Weekends I go to Bed late and wake up late. I wish I could get that amount of hours of sleep, but I'm happy to work early in the morning when people are still sleeping and dreaming about Sheep. Still I imagine RVD and Impact are going to hold back RVD for quite awhile what is going to get him to come there with Forbes without them being blazed and drunk? Never take a ride with James Mitchell that is rule number 1, but Rosemary and Mitchell are fighting over Suzie we will see who gets there way in the end.

Swinger shit performance in Shamrock's bag came back to bite him this Week. Swinger is lucky he wasn't crippled, oh boy just the thought of what might Swinger might do to get even is a scary and funny at the same time to think about.

6 Way Elimination Match for the Number one Contendership for the Impact World Title. Man this was a ride that I didn't want to end that's for damn sure. Some people might not liked Daga getting eliminated early and preferred him going further, but he's still new to the audience and yeah it would of been a perfect time to move him up in the World, but I'm not sure if I would of put him over guys like Elgin or Swann or Cage, but with that they did a huge mistake not letting him get more work in when he was out there. Moose for all his antics I thought did well as well. I dig him for his size doing things he shouldn't be doing and doing it with swagger. He was the perfect guy to Swann who came later. Swann is easily the MVP of this Match it was amazing to see him bruised up, hurting, and bleeding from his Mouth fighting through Moose, through Elgin before falling to Cage. Elgin had Months ago if I remember correctly had a banger one one vs the other and another one with Johnny Impact involved, so a full program with these two is going to be amazing. I do wonder where does this leave Cage after not winning? That is a major question I have for him, but with that Tessa had a good performance towards the end to win the Match. It was obvious she was going to win, and in some ways she is in the shadow of what Swann did earlier, but she has been working hard for many Months to win this Match. We will see if Impact will make her World Champion should be a huge response if she does win at Hard to Kill.

Next week time to go back to 1983 WHICH MEANS....

OnrOvL4.gif

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Even though I had a feeling Tessa would get the win and be the one to face Sami, I am glad Impact pulled the trigger on it and I can't wait for that match.

Also, Ace trying to get with Trey's mom shouldn;t be funny, but it is.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Even though I had a feeling Tessa would get the win and be the one to face Sami, I am glad Impact pulled the trigger on it and I can't wait for that match.

Also, Ace trying to get with Trey's mom shouldn;t be funny, but it is.

Yeah Ace would hump a Basketball if it looked good to him. Now that he did what he did to Trey this Week, I expect him to turn it up to try to get with his Mother even more so than Alisha.

• Haha

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Yeah Ace would hump a Basketball if it looked good to him. Now that he did what he did to Trey this Week, I expect him to turn it up to try to get with his Mother even more so than Alisha.
God that is hilarious, and yeah I except that as well. I am just waiting for Ace to tell Trey that he will be his new daddy, lol

• Haha
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Man I don't know how to feel about the Impact Throwback Throwdown. I rather of wanted to see a true Show and maybe this as the Cherry on top as a Thanksgiving gift if I'm being honest. Still plenty of laughs a Don for sure blazed before the Show the way he acting with his Character. One of the best lines from the Show was from Josh saying after seeing Fitbody that it was doing something to his Cigar. Little things like that kept me going when I thought maybe I should watch something else. Pretty crazy to see how much detail the Roster put into their new Characters especially Tommy...who is still Tommy Dreamer who apparently broke Bruno's Neck, slapped Vinny JR, and plans to do more of the same when he returns to the Promotion.

I know for damn sure I'm going to need a Rough Rider Shirt asap who knew Havok had so much charisma daddy. So in all not really a Show that you're going to remember the Wrestling aspect of things, but the work backstage and character wise from everyone was on point.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
She killed me when she said, "The tunnel of love is always open, daddy."

Also, I loved this episode of Impact.

Yeah Havok had me going for sure. Here is on tap for next Week!

kmA3qCKl.jpg

9ctM2b7l.jpg

zs1b3XKl.jpg

ucept69l.jpg

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
So Impact has returned from 1980's to give us quite a solid Show I feel this Week. The more Companies that start with Wrestling instead of 20 minute Promos will keep me staying and become a fan of your Company for sure. Elgin vs Cage vs Edwards was one heck of a opener and I was highly pissed how the New York Crowd sleepwalking throughout the Match. You gotta give praise to all the guys in that one, but especially Eddie who had to fend two Hosses who were looking to take his head off, while also get back momentum within the Company.

I actually liked the Moose I'm a Super Athlete Segment for this Show. I thought for sure he was going to really hurt that guy at the Basketball Court, but all he did is put him inside the hoop. I guess the win from Shamrock has given him a newly increased passion we will see who is gonna shut him up going forward. ODB returns which leads to a Main Event Match, but I thought this Segment was good as well. ODB is happy to be with Impact because they made her become who she wanted to be, and I like how we saw the contrast of Characters with Taya showing up looking like a Snow Bunny. Get the Lunch Lady broke me so hard and boy I wished Taya would heel it like this on a consistent basis.

Some other Segments after you saw Grace sticking money in the Bra of ODB, and Johnny Swinger trying to get Joey Ryan to become his Padwan leaner. We get all of that then RVD returns with Katie Forbes! I don't know if this is a true RVD or not, but he sure as hell can a make a joke or two and make it stick I need to take care of my GF and her GF hehe. Still this came off good and RVD vs Rhino should be a good enough Match next Week. Another Segment that might not blow you away, but it felt important is the Segment with The North and Swann and Mack. I was holy..hey Chris Sabin and gang giving Swann praise for his performance in that Contendership Match, then you see The North show up to plant seeds of tension between Swann and Mack before that Tag Challenge next Week. Oh boy we could be getting Mack as a Heel either next Week or at Hard to Kill!

The Press Conference with Tessa Blanchard and Sami Callihan was the fuel this feud needed to get it over the levels from before they feuded with each other. Neither pulled punches with the other, but the daggers hit home and got the steam it needed. ODB vs Taya was a thing and I don't think you want your Knockouts Champion even during a distraction via Grace losing a Match with less than a Month away from Hard to Kill just saying.