Impact going live next month in Fayetteville, NC

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Beat me to it by 2 minutes.

The biggest problem with this is that you know two of their top heels will get huge pops no matter what they do or say but then again TNA never has seemed to care who the fans boo and cheer.

Reaction score
It's a good thing that they're getting out of Orlando but at the same time, I refuse to attend TNA live until the product improves. One of my suggestions would be to bring Desmond Wolfe back!

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
They really need to get out of Orlando more to get more of a fanbase at least attempt to establish themselves. Only guy who will prob get the full reaction he should get is RVD since he is over everywhere he goes.

Reaction score
I agree, PHX but I don't know how well they'll though. I'm sure RVD can attract a lot of fans but the product in general hasn't been that impressive. I've watched TNA for years and I can't get through an entire edition of Impact anymore. :/

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I think the biggest selling point when they get there won't even be RVD but Flair. If they promote Flair a good bit that he will be there then they won't have to fear so much for a lack of crowd fare since it would be damn embarrassing to have a live show and draw the same amount of crowds they do on some of their house shows.

Reaction score
That's a good point. Promoting Flair's appearance will be a very wise move. I can definitely see RVD, Jeff, Flair and Hogan attracting the audience.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah gonna have to. I fear though that they will barely react to the original TNA talent, lol.

Reaction score
I don't understand it. It bothers me A LOT! Vince McMahon made Austin into a huge star without recruiting his fans from ECW and WCW (he wasn't as big there as he was in the WWE anyway) and it worked perfectly. Why is it that TNA has so much difficulty building their talent up?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Cause the company itself isn't established. So in terms of making that kind of star you are talking about it is impossible when the whole company still has tons of ways to go to get some mainstream popularity.

Reaction score
Yeah, that's true but at the same time, the WWE wasn't established right away either and they succeeded eventually. I don't think TNA is using the right approach. There has to be something wrong for the company to be this foreign to people after practically ten years.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Well WWE has been around for like 70 years so not a fair comparison, lol. Regardless though they don't know how to long term book that well anyways so probably wouldn't matter.

Reaction score
Well, I know. I'm not comparing the companies. I'm just stating that Vince's approach seemed a lot more effective than Dixie's. Honestly, I don't think Dixie has what it takes to be the leader of TNA.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Having a Live Impact should be good (Y)

Hope this test goes well and they could do something like a month of tapings at the IZ, then the next month in NC or wherever the hell this is.

Ben

Reaction score
According to Wrestling Observer the February 24 show in Fayetteville will not be a live show, but a taping for 3/3 and 3/10. They will be taping the 2/17 and 2/24 episodes of Impact on 2/14 and 2/15 in Orlando.

The plans right now, depending on how they go, is for them to both do tapings in Orlando and on the road from this point forward, with maybe 8-10 road tapings for the rest of 2011.

Even if it's not live I'll take it as it's at least on the road, if it goes well they should shoot for doing 2 shows a month on the road and the other 2 in Orlando.