I'm Wet

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LadyHotrod

I usually browse Piper's official page to see if Kitty has thrown up any updates. His site was redone last year around maybe Oct or Nov? Anyways, I was looking at it last night and decided to click on the 'about' section. I never bothered to take a look around, just always checked that main page for the updates, and my eyes lit up as I read FOLLOW RODDY PIPER ON FACEBOOK, followed by a link to his fucking profile.

As expected, my pants got a little damp and I clicked the link. Sure enough, it went to his official FB profile and I clicked the friend request, arm shaking as I held my mouse and watched as the little hand hovered over the request.

I proceeded to fail containing my obvious excitement the remainder of the night that I had just requested to befriend my fantasy lover. I held back happy tears and went to bed, excited, yet, expecting to wait 300 years for my request to be accepted.

I woke up today and ran to my computer (well, dragged my feet because I was tired). I log on FB and see Roddy and Jade Janyk are now friends. I die. I DIE A THOUSAND DEATHS. It happened and it didn't take 300 years.

Oddly enough, he only has 299 friends. Not much info is posted other than his birthday and his marital status. Only about 50 pics but seem to all be uploaded by fans who met him. It also has his official website linked. Not really any other kind of personal info that you would hope to see to really confirm that it's Piper but it was listed on his official page that Kitty and Piper update so one can only assume he just doesn't want to fill that shit out. I also noticed it said 'WELCOME TO RODDY PIPER'S OFFICIAL MYSPACE PAGE!', even though this is facebook. Honest mistake, I suppose. As far as I know, he doesn't have a MySpace account, so maybe he or whoever typed that just got all these social sites mixed up. Whateva.

Downside is, who knows if it's really him sitting there or some random person doing it for him. Maybe even Kitty or his kids. Oh well, guess I'll never know but it would be fucking kick ass if it were him because if I ever got a message on my page from him, I would piss myself. I have no idea if Roddy (or whoever is controlling this page) has ever written on anyone's page and I tried to look to see if people ever got a response but everyone's page is on private that I clicked on so I couldn't see anything. Stalker? I sure am.

Sorry for the size, photobucket makes everything smaller for some reason, but, if you squint, I am the top response that says 'AWESOME. Best wrestler in the WORLD' and if you look under recent activity, our friend confirmation is the third one and I marked it as liked.

FUCKING WICKED.

YES.jpg

I put this in HIAT because it's just a LadyHotrod storytime thread and I figure it will eventually turn to spam or something but if you want to move it, I don't care, I'm TOO HAPPY TO CARE.

LadyHotrod

Yeah, I was thinking that, but I imagine I wont get a response.

I believe that it is his real page, just iffy on whether he actually looks at it or not. Even if I get a response, it could be anyone typing it up and pretending to be him while he's out shooting a movie or some shit.

LadyHotrod

I took pics but I'm just sending them to Roddy for him to use during his 'Roddy' time.

LKP

Yeah i just added him now hope he accepts. I got loads of wwe guys on my fb all real to.

noumenon

Not to be a buzz kill here but you do realize celebs confirm everyone who requests them on facebook...lol

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
^^^

Yeah, I was going to say that but didn't want to let anyone down. I don't even believe it's the real people that use the page. They have someone else do the updating and stuff. And when they do respond, it's to other celebs and not regular joes.

noumenon

Well, there are a lot who use facebook/twitter and stuff like that. That seems to be more of a general fan site than a site for him to post updates on. But yeah sorry LHR... celebs just confirm everyone to build up their fan base, it's not like they pick and choose.
And the reason he only has 300 friends...well...again..sorry...it's Piper...not Cena.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Well those Twitter post yeah, I believe that's them. But when people follow them on Twitter and believe they'll send them a message sometime I just laugh at. There's a guy at work that got all excited because he's following some celeb and waiting for them to message him. I shut him down everytime and he gets pissd.

noumenon

Nah, they'll never respond to anyone.

Actually, I've got Zach Braff on Facebook. I commented on a post he made and he commented back directly responding to what I said. He's one of the only people I've seen actually respond to certain comments.

straight_edge76

I am sure that some of the celeb facebook/myspace/twitter pages are run by not the person themself but by like a publicist (sp?) or something to help build up a fanbase. But I think that the majority of them do run at the very least their own Twitter pages. I wouldn't doubt that it is really him. I mean it is Piper lol.

LadyHotrod

FFS you boners, I knew I would get accepted, I just figured it would take LONGER.

Plus, I wanted to share his page incase other people wanted to HIT UP THE PIPER.