I'm the biggest Ambrose mark, but does he deserve the longest US title reign accolade?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Should Dean Ambrose break the record?

• Total voters

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
If he were ever in a feud for it then why not. Since he never is, then it's not deserved.

Dark Neko

Jobber
Reaction score
Well his only a few days away might as well let him break the record.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
WE all love Craymommy, but Ambrose is really a hindrance to the belt. Now that the belts have dropped a main event belt, the US title would be great if he had it. Think about it, he is randomly now in the Shield tag matches because Reigns is overshadowing him by miles, and really Rollins is doing the same. What should have been done imo is after WM have him begin to build it.

He is US champ, and there is no one ambrose fears. He is amazing on the mic, has unlimited charisma, and the shield hasnt even had the inevitable breakup (and most likely change between hands of the US belt) and there are a ton of decent stars. THe issue is simple, WWE has been shit with their better talent. Daniel Bryan finally cashed in, Cena and Wyatt are still going at it, but a guy like Harper not even caring about the belt but Ambrose being cocky enough to say he wouldnt face him unless there was something worth proving would be dank as fuck, Ziggler is there always.....and most importantly Ryder is available bros. The promo's there would be great, Ryder would probably be buried worse but he does have a great angle to look at. Come at me.

Wilby

Follower of Buzzards
Reaction score
Yeah I jumped on the "I love Crayo" bandwagon as well as the Ambrose does not deserve it one.

In short he has not defended the title nearly enough times to deserve a record-breaking title reign and has not participated in a legitimate rivalry over the belt. The only thing I have to say in his defence is that he is a member of a 3-man stable which means they specialize in tag team rivalries, this may have contributed towards his lack of title defences.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I can't believe @Crayo hasn't seen the edited title yet what a noob lol omg shut the doors dixie

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Lineage counts NWA and WCW too, so Luger has the longest reign (523 days).

Silly mismanagement aside, in five years no one will remember the reign. We will, however, never stop hearing how long his reign was from Michael Cole. I'm sure no one really remember MVP's reign too, we just remember that it was the longest reign in Smackdown history because of good ol' Cole. It really doesn't matter in the end. The damage is done and can't be fixed, so why not just role with it?

If they really wanted to though, they could say how he kept on getting The Authority to not put his US Title on the line when The Shield were working with them.

Reactions: Wilby and Wacokid27

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
I'm a big Ambrose mark, but I really can't see how that would be fair, or how that would make the title more valuable. Just make him defect and give the title to Rollins already

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
He's still the champion, so yes he should get the accolade. Personally, though, I hope Triple H at least does what happened to AJ at Wrestlemania, set Ambrose fighting multiple guys in a row to defend the title before he breaks the record. Personally, he shouldn't have been champion this long without a defense, but hey it's WWE for ya.