I'm not a fan of Team Rhodes Scholars

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
They just look like another team where they've shoved superstar A with superstar B. They could both flourish in singles competition but that's not even why I'm against it, they just don't look like a team. Bryan and Kane were shoved together people could argue but they had history together, and they're so unique that it just works, it clicks. Can any of you really say these two click? Do you enjoy them as a tag-team?

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Saw them on SD last week or some catch up show and hated it just doesn't work as a team. Kane an D-Bry is brill cause of the fact they shouldn't work they don't work but in ring they do it's great viewing watching how volatile the team is back stage etc... . Where with Cody and Sandow i was just like meh who cares there was something missing.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
I think Rhodes looks really awkward in the group, definitely. I'm nor sure what it is, they maybe need to let him talk more or what it is.

The match on Sunday could well steal the show. Should be awesome.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
It should do well because all the wrestlers involved are great, but I just think a feud against PTP would have been perhaps better to watch outside the ring. Rhodes Scholars are fantastic promo cutters, but it's hard to believe that they are a good team and get on outside the ring, which I do think is needed with tag-teams.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Despite them both being great at promos this is a bad bad idea as it imo devalues Cody and does nothing for Sandow.

Cody was IC champ ffs and on his way and Sandow is still fairly new.

Yup boost for Sandow but it doesn't work they don't fit.

For a tag u need to either be dysfunctional or buddies neither of which comes across so it sucks in a big way.

#FAILWWE

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Lacky said:
I like them. That's all I have to say.

I like the members, just not the team.
They were pretty much thrown together like Kofi and Truth. Unless the plan was the Mexicans Vs. The Africans.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
CM Punk said:
I like the members, just not the team.
They were pretty much thrown together like Kofi and Truth. Unless the plan was the Mexicans Vs. The Africans.

:punk: HE KNOWS THE PLAN!!! :bury:

I don't mind them. Currently there is nothing in the Main Event scene for Rhodes, since Ziggler is hovering over it with his briefcase, so I'm okay with this idea, they could have had a better spot for him, but he's getting in ring with the best wrestler WWE has and is cutting some good promos, so it doesn't bother me. And Damien is new, so this is just a slight step up from where he was, I wish he would have gotten to be in an Intercontinental championship feud, but at least he's getting some screen time.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I think it's just a temporary thing, so I'm OK with it. We're seeing (relatively) relevant wrestlers in the tag division, Sandow and Rhodes are getting some exposure and since I don't think it'll last that long it's OK.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Nope, not a fan either..

It just doesn't work. They could have all the chemistry they want, but they are both singles competition wrestlers.

It just doesn't work out..

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Jose Tortilla said:
Nope, not a fan either..

It just doesn't work. They could have all the chemistry they want, but they are both singles competition wrestlers.

It just doesn't work out..

What he said is so :true:

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Lacky said:
I like them. That's all I have to say.

This.

Though I do agree that they'd be better off as singles competitors. But they aren't bad as a team, idk, I like them.

?Sandow?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
It makes sense, Rhodes seemed like the most intelligent character on the show last year. But I'd much rather have them in separate feuds right now. Team Hell No has become must-see TV by themselves and their dynamic can make any feud work, so why not have seperate feuds for both Rhodes and Sandow so we get 3 segments of gold instead of just 1?

Oh, wait, this is WWE...

swangirl

The Artiste
Reaction score
I love to hate The Rhods Scholars. | enjoy their matches even if i want them to lose them all. They are a good team together with a lot of chemistry and charisma and probably be tag team champions in the near future .